Chili Piper Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Sep 4, 2019

4.9
Chili Piper CEO Nicolas Vandenberghe
Nicolas Vandenberghe
  1. "Incredible company for self-motivated individuals looking to give 100%"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

fully remote, results-based, great compensation, innovative product, great ideas are implemented quickly, coaching/training by the best

Cons

not a 9-5 (great opportunities rarely are!), remote working isn't for everyone

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Chili Piper2019-09-04
  2. "Great company, a ton of room for growth"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun collaborative team, ample room for career growth and a ton of flexibility due to the remote nature of the company. I've enjoyed every second of working at Chili Piper and am very excited by the potential of the company. We're a lean mean fighting machine, the product roadmap is inspiring and the opportunity is at your fingertips. As a sales rep, they provide you with just about every tool needed to succeed.

Cons

Start-up enviornment-- things move fast, you need to be ready to give 100% every day and work long hours as your direct peers can span multiple continents. No 401k.

Advice to Management

Stick true to the core values of the company. Continue to only hire the best and have faith and confidence in each and every one of your hires.

Chili Piper2019-07-24
  3. "Amazing Company, Product and Team"

Current Employee - Sales in Chico, CA

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time

Pros

I can't explain enough how awesome a company Chili Piper is to work for. I am extremely fortunate that I am able to do my job from my bed, a couch, a wework, a coffee shop, in a park, and anywhere else in the world - as long as I have a wifi connection. As someone who has worked in tech sales before, the product itself is extremely useful as well and because of that, is easy to be passionate about and sell. The team... (even though we are all remote) is beyond helpful and connected. We chat throughout the day, and whenever you need help, it's available. I can't say enough great things about Chili Piper!

Cons

Not a con, but being a startup, things are always moving fast and sometimes changing - so you have to be someone who is flexible and doesn't get stressed under a constantly moving job. Also, a 401k would be sweet!

Advice to Management

Add on a 401k and keep doing what you're doing! The future is exciting for Chili Piper!

Chili Piper2019-07-22

"Results-based, Positive, Supportive Culture with Forward-thinking Perspective"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Remote culture -Results based and celebration of results (very flat organization) -A true sense of helpfulness and team comradery despite timezone/cultural/and job function differences. The boat all rows in the same direction. -You won't do well here if you are not self-motivated, hardworking, ambitious (focused on excellence of performance) and kind

Cons

-Startup life. Long hours and frequent strategy changes. That said, vision is established, focused, and consistent.

Advice to Management

-keep it up, you're building a special organization -Onboarding could be greatly improved across the board (Vision & Values, learn the product, learn contextual specifics if needed(SFDC for example), learn who your teammates are and how the rest of the org is structured. Workflows at a high level, etc.)

Chili Piper2019-06-18
  5. "Never want to leave"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Extremely thoughtful & strategic leadership -Awesome product and it's constantly innovating; very agile engineering team -Amazing team, tons of smart people - everyone is an A+ player -Lots of sales training & sales strategy on deals

Cons

Honestly none. You have to grind here given the company has aggressive revenue goals to get to where it needs to be growth-wise. I personally love this and being a part of the mission at this stage but it might not be for everyone

Advice to Management

Excited to be on board and looking forward to seeing all the amazing things CP does in the future! A 401k would be nice as we continue to grow :)

Chili Piper2019-06-21

"Amazing Company, Awesome Product, Incredibly talented team !"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recently joined the team and I couldn't be happier! I really like the fast pace of the company, the smart and talented people I work with and how driven everyone is. The product is fantastic and the team is really passionate about it and what they do, and it's something our customers really notice. Working remote is great, and I love seeing how global the team is!

Cons

The only thing I had a tough time with, was the expectations to be customer facing so quickly - I didn't feel I had enough product training to be really confident on the calls. The team has been really supportive and helpful on the calls, so thanks!

Advice to Management

I think the Management team is fantastic, so keep doing what you're doing!

Chili Piper2019-06-11
  7. "Autonomy, Continual Training, pushing yourself, and a powerful product!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time

Pros

Recently hired at Chili Piper and in my short time here could not be more satisfied! - The autonomy to schedule your day as needed is an absolute breath of fresh air - Being in sales, I've firsthand felt the pain of not having our product - people can see and grasp the value right off the bat - It is a "get your job done" environment which I love. No micromanaging or people breathing down your neck to check up... on you - For a fully remote team, it feels like I work right next to these people even if they're in France, Russia, Columbia, San Fran - you name it - A helpful environment where any question you have they want to help and answer. But also want you to do your best in figuring it out first (which is a great thing) - They push you to be your best self and care about your future career progression

Cons

None so far! If you are someone that needs a lot of hand-holding, then this might not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you're doing. Helpful group of individuals that are all very smart and know how to grow a high-performing team. Whether you're in sales, marketing, product - I love that I can go to anyone, not necessarily my respective manager. The visibility and transparency into the company is amazing and you don't find that at a lot of startups.

Chili Piper2019-06-07
  8. "Remote team, great product."

I worked at Chili Piper full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product, fun team, good pay, remote work.

Cons

Defined leadership roles need to be established.

Chili Piper2019-06-07

"Leaders with the intent to revolutionize the world of sales, then celebrate it in Ibiza"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The team. Small but mighty. Lots of smart folks who can solve problems. Everyone’s very friendly. The leaders are experienced at the startup game and are involved in all aspects of the business, somehow without micromanaging. There’s a lot of knowledge and experience to be gained. - The customers. Being keyed in on the b2b + saas market, the customers are highly proficient in technology, friendly, & easy to... work with. Don’t have a huge volume of logos but there are quite a few well known clients in the mix. 1 license or 1000, we take excellent care of customers. - The product. It solves complex problems eloquently. It even changes the way business do their business, especially from an inbound sales, onboarding, and CS point of view. The pace in which the product gets designed/built/deployed is rapid, it would be difficult to be more agile than chili piper’s engineering team. - The working flexibility. Not having to be in your desk w a manager keeping tabs on you from 9-5 is liberating. I prefer going into WeWork, but if I wake up and feel like working from home, I do. - Benefits. Unlimited PTO, vision, health and dental. Pay is competitive. Pretty nice for a 3 year old company.

Cons

- An official employee stock purchase program or 401k would be a nice plus some day. - I find myself working more hours than I would typically at your standard in-office job. It’s not necessarily a bad thing bc I enjoy it, but could be a result of the remote environment and startup nature. There’s a lot to be done I guess.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the helpful/honest culture.

Chili Piper2019-04-04
  10. "Bring Your Energy & Ideas!"

I have been working at Chili Piper full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bring your energy and ideas to Chili Piper! This team moves fast. It's tough to balance independence and structure, but Chili Piper has figured it out beautifully. Even with 100% of the company remote, there's a fantastic level of camaraderie and teamwork. Doesn't matter if you're the "new gal/guy", your ideas are welcome and encouraged.

Cons

Not a work environment for everyone. A high EQ will serve you well - but if you're not comfortable with learning on your own, might not be the right gig.

Chili Piper2019-04-04