Chimera Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chimera Recruitment Reviews

Updated 9 Feb 2020

3.7
Chimera Recruitment Directors Reeda Ouzerdine; Daniel Horner; Ryan Cerenko (no image)
Reeda Ouzerdine; Daniel Horner; Ryan Cerenko
  1. "Third agency I’ve worked for and best so far!"

Current Freelancer - Sales Associate in London, England

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work, with decent wage! the perfect job to support careers in the arts and freelance work with opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in fragrance, beauty, retail and other fields! Super understanding when I need time off even when it’s last minute and always seem to have work when I need shifts, giving me more freedom to focus on my other interests and passions!

Cons

Retail can be really boring when it’s quiet- obviously in no way the agency’s fault, I have no complaints about them

Chimera Recruitment2020-02-09
  2. "one of the best agencies in London"

Current Employee - Team Member in London, England

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment part-time for more than a year

Pros

1.Friendly agency. 2. Provides you flexible schedule, so you can be in a carge of your own time 3. Good salary

Cons

1. sometimes it might be hard to get shifts what you want with them, depends of the time of the year, busy/not so busy periods. 2. Last-minute changes/cancellations-both sides 3. Unpaid trainings etc

Chimera Recruitment2020-01-30
  3. "Outstanding employer - would recommend to everybody!"

Former Employee - Temporary Sales Consultant in London, England

I worked at Chimera Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Chimera Recruitment for 18 months and can’t recommend them enough for those looking for flexible but fun temporary work with good rates of pay. I’ve worked for several temping agencies here in London and Chimera is by far the best. You feel valued, you feel respected, you feel supported and you really feel that you are a part of something. I would wholeheartedly recommend Chimera Recruitment to everyone and I would go back to working for them without hesitation should I ever need to!

Cons

Sometimes work can be a little less available (usually only in January) However the team work tirelessly to get you as much work as possible so it isn’t really an issue!

Chimera Recruitment2020-01-27
  4. "Best retail agency out there!"

Current Employee - Agency Worker

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment part-time

Pros

I love working for chimera! They are super lovely and professional. A breath of fresh air in the agency retail jungle. You feel respected and treated as an individual. couldn't recommend them highly enough!

Cons

There are no cons working with chimera

Chimera Recruitment2020-01-27
  5. "I have just started with the company"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great products. Great people. Great environment.

Cons

Not too much money.

Chimera Recruitment2019-12-11
  6. "Don't work here"

I worked at Chimera Recruitment part-time

Pros

There are no pros to this company

Cons

Complete lack of support from Chimera and from the stores you work in. Thrust into my first shift with no manager, no guidance, and no help when asking those around me on the shop floor plus when I called Chimera. I may not be paid because I had no manager and therefore no evidence of my takings for the day. Also noone answered Chimera's duty phone at 5pm which is there for safety purposes, and in case of overtime queries which is even more unprofessional.

Chimera Recruitment2019-11-03

"Ridiculous!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment

Pros

Can't imagine anything worse. Appalling

Cons

Applied online, was contacted shortly after to arrange a phone interview which got rescheduled twice without notice - was not contacted in the end. I had followed this up and was not given a response.

Chimera Recruitment2019-03-08
  8. "Make sure you know what you're in for..."

I worked at Chimera Recruitment part-time for less than a year

Pros

The only reason I have given it one star is because I have to and one of the staff members was rather helpful when finding me a shift and I appreciate his effort in doing so.

Cons

One thing you should know if you're deciding whether or not to sign up to an agency is that they only care about the clients. Fair enough, they get paid by the clients whereas you are more of a tool for the means. So if you're not up for that then agency work isn't really for you. Unfortunately, the way Chimera acted when deciding not to keep me on their books was highly unprofessional and in my opinion inappropriate. For a company that deals with sales I believe they might want to work on their ability to communicate accurately and fairly with their temp staff. They sent a generic email of reasons to terminate my employment and when I called up to inquire further they back tracked on the content of the email and essentially brought it down to one point that had nothing to do with my ability to actually do the job. If what I did was so heinous then how did they ever manage to find me any other shifts? Essentially it was a quiet time and they needed an excuse to drop people from their books. In the short time I was with Chimera, they failed to record one of my shifts and despite the fact I sent in a time sheet, no one thought to get back to me over the confusion and just didn't pay me until I had to chase them up. I provided them with plenty of availability and was only given six shifts in over a month, three of which were last minute and more often than not I wasn't given a shift at all.

Chimera Recruitment2019-01-13
  9. "Don’t waste your time"

I worked at Chimera Recruitment part-time

Pros

Good pay Frequent shifts as a beginning Fast response when contacting

Cons

No frequent work for 7 weeks Only contacted when it suited themselves Don’t ask them for any personal advice

Chimera Recruitment2018-11-15
  10. "Best Luxury Retail Agency by far!"

I have been working at Chimera Recruitment part-time

Pros

I have been with Chimera for nearly one year now. I work part time for them and have never had a negative situation. They give me the shifts I want, if I’m sent to promote a new product they give me the information beforehand to prepare, they send out a monthly newsletter informing us on new promotions and they’re always grateful for good work.

Cons

I have yet to think of a con...!

Chimera Recruitment2018-08-30

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 13 reviews