Circus World Displays Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Raj Jain and Deepak Jain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance and full use of vacation time encouraged (in 10 reviews)

• Awesome company events, monthly luncheons, out of office team events, yearly family picnic (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Board of directors two brothers (in 3 reviews)

• Employees are expected to stay late on a regular basis (in 4 reviews)

1. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

- Lots of company paid training opportunities
    - Great team
    -Fun atmosphere (Monthly events)

Cons

- Work hours 8:15 am to 5 pm (9 to 5 would be nicer!)
    - Team members feel pressured to take part in after hours activities (training, events etc)

2. "worst company ever"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Nothing what so ever. paid my bills for a little bit.

Cons

Everything. management sucks. They live in a delusion that they r growing but its a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees

3. "Fast-Paced/Energetic/Great learning opportunities"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

CWD has been growing and getting better with each year. Their investment in employees with paying for learning opportunities courses etc. allows people to work towards their own advancement. This company is for you if you are willing to work hard, can adapt quickly in growing environment, enjoy new challenges and learning opportunities and are ambitious and want to grow. No employer is perfect but here they learn from their mistakes and try to make things better. Your ideas are heard and feedback used to improve culture constantly. Great co-workers make coming to work fun. Good work events.

Cons

It is a growing company which means some decisions aren't necessarily right and made too quickly without thinking things through. Also things that impact employees directly sometimes take longer to change like giving more vacation weeks etc.

Advice to Management

You've made great improvements in last few years. Continue to listening to your employees and what's most important to them.

5. "Avoid"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Full time employment in area
    Good co-workers
    If you love structure - this is the place for you

Cons

Like any review read the good and the bad. There are legitimate ones on both ends. Be aware that management strongly pressures employees to write reviews here. Many will obviously write positive reviews about their current workplace. Management will constantly harass you to write a review until you say you wrote one.

I would not recommend working here. It saddens me to say that because I would want the best hires for the people I worked with.

If you decide to work here, know that there is an issue with work life balance. Depending on your role you may have to constantly stay late. Some employees have to do tasks from home on nights and weekends. Heaven forbid you get a company phone.

Terrible work/life balance. They will claim they are flexible but they are not. Management does not understand what it is like to have a family life at all. They do not understand that some people like to spend time with their spouse and kids. They may have family obligations, but those come second to anything work related.

Many will talk about all the great training they provide. This is true, they have many opportunities to take training courses. However work is always more important so any time training classes are organized by the company they are always outside of work hours. They will always be on nights and weekends. If you decline training they will slowly work on firing you for not being a team player. If you decline training courses you will be harassed to take them over and over. They do not understand that some people need to spend time with their families outside of work hours.

Overall environment - just not a pleasant place to work. Staff are great, but there is just an overall weird cloud of negativity. Very high stress environment.

Hiring Process - extremely lengthy and over the top. For entry level positions you might have several interviews, personality tests, and work preview days.

I had a bad gut instinct during the hiring process that I should have listened to. If Tim Hortons down the street is hiring, take that job over any position here.

Compensation - they will pay you as low as humanly possible. They low ball everything.

Advice to Management

Provide more of a work life balance to your employees. For many people this place is a job, and they are not as personally invested as you are (you don't give them a reason to be invested)

"Great Business, high pace and exciting."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Niagara, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Niagara, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is growing and if successful can have large impact and grow within the company. People there are great. Focused on culture, provide rewards and corporate lunches once a month. Safe and clean environment.

Cons

Turnover is an issue. High expectations. Compensation package could improve with regards to vacation, lieu time and pay at some levels. It has been improving but recent contracts removed lieu time which means if you work 60 hour week, no compensation or time off but instead built into your pay.

Advice to Management

I think all companies can benefit from valuing their employees more. This is something that would help CWD with the turnover and retention issues. The focus has always been growing the business and I believe that is obviously more important but to take the company to the next level we need more focus on the value of employees.

"Opaque"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Pros

Offers benefits

Pays more than minimum wage

40 hrs/week

3rd party training cost reimbursements

Great co-workers

Cons

Will hire on with a contract position for a specific role, but then request that you do things outside of your job description.

Constant pressure to write Glassdoor reviews.

Only allowed 3 sick days before you are considered a risk and they start building a case against you.

Lack of "on job" training for various positions.

Management is not held accountable for their poor actions that affect the entire department.

Yearly assessments, for raises, are sometimes considerably late (up to one year late).

Requested to complete various tasks without information, training, or guidance on how to do it, then reprimanded when it is not the way they expected it.

CEOs do not get along, which causes tension and clashing of ideas and departments.

Departments often suffer from lack of communication with each other.

Advice to Management

Stop hiding things from some employees, but telling others - they're going to find out either way.

Stop making employees worry about their job by saying "don't worry, your job isn't at risk" over and over

Stop making comments about the weight of employees and telling them they need to make healthier life decisions

Stop making people feel bad for using GOVERNMENT ISSUED sick days

Start taking action on HR complaints

8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

Great team atmosphere, Opportunity for advancement, Benefits, Hours of work

Cons

Nothing negative to say, great place to work

9. "My Review"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

Full time, Benefits, Bonuses and overtime opportunities. Great environment and I've never had an employer feed me so much.

Cons

It takes to long to get feedback on annual reviews.

10. "Great co-workers"

Current Employee - Operations Warehouse
    Current Employee - Operations Warehouse

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CWD values an employees opinion and goes to great lengths to keep its staff happy. There are many team building events throughout the year that allow you to talk with people working in other departments you wouldn't normally see every day.

Cons

Communication between departments could be improved to help the company run more efficiently.

11. "The atmosphere is great to work in."

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good hard working people that work here. It makes the atmosphere feel positive. Everybody gets along great and works well as a team. I feel very happy that i have this opertuinity.

Cons

I do not have any concerns about working with this company. I feel very fortunate to have this great opportunity with this company.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the great opportunities you have provided for me. The company works very well as a team and I look forward to many more new and exciting opportunities. I hope the best for your company and your great success.