Citizens Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 122 of over 3,084 reviews

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,194 Ratings
Pros
  • "But they still try to respect your work life balance(in 136 reviews)

• "They have a good benefits program(in 136 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be heavily focused on sales goals(in 122 reviews)

• "Upper management not really making their minds up about what they want(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on

Coronavirus Work-life

1y

works at

EY

Just saddened to see how much hate you all have for H1B workers. I agree that every country should put their citizens first, and yes being a CPA is not a unique skill set that can’t be replaced. Just sad to realize that the 11 yo me who dreamt about living in a diverse country with good environment, support for LGBT, would one day realize that even after spending a decade of my life here, ppl still tell me to move out cuz I’m not good enough/I’m taking their jobs. Pls don’t call me sensitive.

5,127

650 Comments

Finance

26.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Citizens~13640
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't work in-store

Jan 14, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Pay is above average

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic sales goals.

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

2. 3.0

Dependent on your branch

Jan 10, 2021 - Banker in Manchester, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

-higher pay -good commission based on sales

Cons

-high sales goals -technology issues and lack of upper management support -experience entirely dependent on location

Citizens Response

Thanks for your review! We're looking to make our technology even better in early 2021 by making a massive investment in our digital capabilities as a bank, so stay tuned for improvements that create even better experiences for both customers and colleagues. We're lucky to have such an amazing colleague like yourself aboard. Keep up the great work!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 28, 2020 - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleague environment is awesome and helps with being at work

Cons

Sales goals Are ever changing and occasionally unrealistic

Citizens Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the 10 plus years of service with us! We're glad you enjoy your colleague environment and are happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A good jump into the field

Nov 9, 2020 - Citizens Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k Matching, decent bonuses if you hit the mark,

Cons

sales goals can be considered a little high depending on where you are located, the new changes implemented this year don't make much sense so it makes the job a bit harder

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you're not completely enjoying your time with us. A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Micromanaging & Immense Pressure To Meet Sales Goals

Nov 24, 2020 - Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to get hired, and learn the ropes.

Cons

Long hours on your feet, and you need to wear a shirt and tie. The shirt and tie make sense, but they do not pay you a reasonable wage to afford this kind of formal attire. Managers micromanage you, and put you in uncomfortable positions to make sales. The pressure to meet your outrageous sales goals are intense.

3 people found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. If you'd like to share more so that we can look into your concerns, please contact the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or our anonymous alert line Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Sep 4, 2020 - Relationship Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary and goid benefits

Cons

Sales goals outdated technology, lack of operational focus

Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Not what it seems...

Sep 14, 2020 - Premier Advisor in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a people person, this is the role for you. The best parts of my day were connecting with my clients and working with my business partners.

Cons

The starting salary is quite low compared to industry standards. It also seems like there is a new focus every other day, which take us away from the "holistic" approach to Welath Management. The sales goals are becoming harder to attain, and Advisors are expected to hit higher goals with less of a territory to call on. The model needs to be revisited.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Aug 22, 2020 - Bank Manager in Kennett Square, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pto and management is good

Cons

Sales goals are too high. Computers are super slow

Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad to hear you're enjoying working for us. Keep up the great work!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible Culture - Fall in, or fall out!

Sep 8, 2020 - Treasury Relationship Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collegial, friendly colleagues. Market competitive base pay. Good place to work if you want to just collect a paycheck and have minimal stress.

Cons

VERY unstable/inconsistent performance bonuses, extremely political, nepotistic, non-performance-driven sales culture. Sales goals constantly change. Bad portfolio balancing amongst peers. No focus on customer-centricity. Company preaches transparency, but is truly Orwellian in how senior management operates. Senior management has no vision + expertise: they are industry followers, not leaders. This is not a place for the young and hungry: it is a place for the “big bank burnouts” and ‘Hotel California’ career types: you can check out, but you can never leave! Better for your career as a salesperson to manage up to bosses versus hit performance goals and drive shareholder value!

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Great company, positive people

Apr 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive culture Volunteerism Excellent benefits Career opportunities Focused on continuous improvement

Cons

Can be heavily focused on sales goals Sometimes changes aren't being communicated well enough down the chain Not all departments or roles have sufficient training

1 person found this review helpful

Project Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear you appreciate the culture, volunteerism and career opportunities. They're some of the reasons Citizens is such a special place! Keep up the amazing work, and stay safe!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 122 Reviews