Citizens Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated 24 Nov 2020

3.5
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
Pros
Cons
  • "Sales goals outdated technology, lack of operational focus(in 120 reviews)

• "Upper Management sometimes disconnect with what retail life really looks like(in 112 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Citizens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Colleague environment is awesome and helps with being at work

Cons

Sales goals Are ever changing and occasionally unrealistic

November 3, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the 10 plus years of service with us! We're glad you enjoy your colleague environment and are happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

2. "A good jump into the field"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Citizens Bank Teller in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens full-time for more than a year

Pros

401k Matching, decent bonuses if you hit the mark,

Cons

sales goals can be considered a little high depending on where you are located, the new changes implemented this year don't make much sense so it makes the job a bit harder

November 10, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you're not completely enjoying your time with us. A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

"Micromanaging & Immense Pressure To Meet Sales Goals"

Former Employee - Banker

I worked at Citizens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired, and learn the ropes.

Cons

Long hours on your feet, and you need to wear a shirt and tie. The shirt and tie make sense, but they do not pay you a reasonable wage to afford this kind of formal attire. Managers micromanage you, and put you in uncomfortable positions to make sales. The pressure to meet your outrageous sales goals are intense.

December 2, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. If you'd like to share more so that we can look into your concerns, please contact the HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or our anonymous alert line Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Relationship Banker

I have been working at Citizens full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary and goid benefits

Cons

Sales goals outdated technology, lack of operational focus

September 28, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

5. "Not what it seems..."

2.0
    Former Employee - Premier Advisor in Johnston, RI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you are a people person, this is the role for you. The best parts of my day were connecting with my clients and working with my business partners.

Cons

The starting salary is quite low compared to industry standards. It also seems like there is a new focus every other day, which take us away from the "holistic" approach to Welath Management. The sales goals are becoming harder to attain, and Advisors are expected to hit higher goals with less of a territory to call on. The model needs to be revisited.

6. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Bank Manager in Kennett Square, PA

I have been working at Citizens full-time

Pros

Pto and management is good

Cons

Sales goals are too high. Computers are super slow

August 30, 2020Project Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad to hear you're enjoying working for us. Keep up the great work!

"Terrible Culture - Fall in, or fall out!"

Former Employee - Treasury Relationship Manager

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Collegial, friendly colleagues. Market competitive base pay. Good place to work if you want to just collect a paycheck and have minimal stress.

Cons

VERY unstable/inconsistent performance bonuses, extremely political, nepotistic, non-performance-driven sales culture. Sales goals constantly change. Bad portfolio balancing amongst peers. No focus on customer-centricity. Company preaches transparency, but is truly Orwellian in how senior management operates. Senior management has no vision + expertise: they are industry followers, not leaders. This is not a place for the young and hungry: it is a place for the “big bank burnouts” and ‘Hotel California’ career types: you can check out, but you can never leave! Better for your career as a salesperson to manage up to bosses versus hit performance goals and drive shareholder value!

Continue reading

"Great company, positive people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive culture Volunteerism Excellent benefits Career opportunities Focused on continuous improvement

Cons

Can be heavily focused on sales goals Sometimes changes aren't being communicated well enough down the chain Not all departments or roles have sufficient training

April 13, 2020Project Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear you appreciate the culture, volunteerism and career opportunities. They're some of the reasons Citizens is such a special place! Keep up the amazing work, and stay safe!

"One of the WORST banks I worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Citizens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, pay, pay, pay, and the pay

Cons

Sales goals, teams, schedules, lack of support, lack of paper trail, old technology, out dated work environment, and expensive health and dental.

May 4, 2020Project Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. A lot of research goes into the setting of sales goals and the majority of our colleagues achieve those goals. Anything that is not in the best interests of the customer is not acceptable. If you'd like to share your concerns more, we encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727.

"This has been my worst experience with a company in my entire career."

Former Employee - Licensed Banker in Concord, NH

I worked at Citizens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, there are really no "pros" to this job. The positions was very abusing. The company paid for security licensing, so that would be the only positive piece I can think of.

Cons

All they care about is making sales and customer appointments. I was forced to resign solely because I did not make enough telemarketing calls and customer appointments. With that in mind, I was still meeting all my sales goals, and was still forced out. I think that alone says it all. Very stressful environment, high turnover, no one is happy, management plays favorites, gossiping is tolerated, and your made to feel inadequate on a daily basis because your not making enough telemarketing calls. Constantly pushed to force people into loans they don't need, which made me very uncomfortable. Either way, you are not allowed to question the culture.

February 26, 2020Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. This is certainly not the type of culture that we support, and we take these types of allegations seriously. We encourage you to contact Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 so that we can further discuss and look into your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 English Reviews