Citizens Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 219 of over 3,082 reviews

3.7
Citizens CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun
1,188 Ratings
Pros
  • "But they still try to respect your work life balance(in 136 reviews)

• "They have a good benefits program(in 136 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be heavily focused on sales goals(in 122 reviews)

• "Upper management not really making their minds up about what they want(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Citizens

Join the conversation on

Coronavirus Work-life

1y

works at

EY

Just saddened to see how much hate you all have for H1B workers. I agree that every country should put their citizens first, and yes being a CPA is not a unique skill set that can’t be replaced. Just sad to realize that the 11 yo me who dreamt about living in a diverse country with good environment, support for LGBT, would one day realize that even after spending a decade of my life here, ppl still tell me to move out cuz I’m not good enough/I’m taking their jobs. Pls don’t call me sensitive.

5,127

650 Comments

Finance

26.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Citizens~13640
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 17, 2021 - Senior Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits - Decent pay - Flexibility - Work life balance - Diversity and inclusiom

Cons

- Stressful - less opportunities - hard to grow within the company - Rarely gives raises

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for over 3 years of working with us! At Citizens, we believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and strive to create an environment of equality. It's why so many colleagues participate in one more of our 6 business resource groups. We're happy to have you on our team. Have a great week!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 15, 2021 - Reporting and Analytics Analyst in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are very nice, always helpful. Leadership is always open to thoughts and suggestions. Great work life balance.

Cons

Working from home is not an option when we are not following state mandated covid protocols.

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. We're lucky to have you on our team!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good

Jan 13, 2021 - Portfolio Manager in Orange, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A Great work life balance

Cons

No room for growth opportunity

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback and for over 5 years of service with us! We completely agree that Citizens offers a great work life balance! Also know that we are extremely focused on colleague development. From our semi-annual development weeks - where we offer webinars, trainings and skill-building - to hands-on training, colleagues completed more than 432,000 hours of development in 2019. Thanks for being a part of our team!

4. 4.0

They keep you busy

Jan 10, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

You don't have time to get bored. But they still try to respect your work life balance

Cons

Seem to be a bit understaffed based on the amount of work being sent our way. Many deadlines set by people who don't have to meet them.

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us and appreciate the work life balance — it really is such an important part of the job. We're happy to have you on our team!

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Jan 9, 2021 - Universal Banker
      Business Outlook

Pros

work/life balance great benefits reasonable pay very diverse great training

Cons

in store hours are long

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad you appreciated our benefits — keeping our colleagues safe, healthy and energized is key for us. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Rotational Leadership Development Program

Jan 4, 2021 - Consumer Banking Leadership Program in Dedham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, culture, colleagues

Cons

Bonus structure, technology, pace of change

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you enjoy the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. Know that we're making a massive investment in our digital capabilities as a bank, so stay tuned for improvements that create even better experiences for both customers and colleagues. Thank you for the great work — we're lucky to have you!

7. 4.0

Good job

Dec 8, 2020 - Bank Teller in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Work life balance

Cons

Cut a lot of banker jobs

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the culture and work life balance. Those are just some of our goals. We're lucky to have you on our team!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Dec 3, 2020 - Portfolio Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Hardo free

Cons

Bad systems and rigid org structure

1 person found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thanks for posting a review! We're glad you're enjoying your time with us and appreciate the work life balance — it really is such an important part of the job. Also, know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company. We're happy to have you on our team!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst place to work. Particularly data side.

Dec 24, 2020 - Data Engineer in Johnston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great HR team, good compensation packages

Cons

No work life balance. Un-realistic time lines. CDO does not care of people, force you to work like dog.

1 person found this review helpful

Citizens Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We're sorry to hear you did not completely enjoy your time with us. We encourage you to call Citizens’ HR Service Center at 1-866-472-8234 or call in anonymously via Right Call at 1-877-495-4727 so that we can look into your concerns.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company Culture

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Compliance Advisor in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Many opportunities for advancement. Training and education is encouraged and supported. Flexibility for a work/life balance

Cons

Some areas areas are behind on innovation and technology. While some are advanced and converting to digital.

Citizens Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for over 10 years of service with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed working for us and appreciated the many opportunities for advancement! Also, know that we've doubled our investment in technology and are on a journey to transform our tech across the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 219 Reviews