Found 35 of over 35 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Amazing instructor, effective training and very nice atmosphere." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.027 Oct 2023Anonymous InternFormer Intern
- first class training from an ex-Goldman Sachs Banker! - daily support - Top ticks and tricks to break into banking
- Intensive - Daily commitment
- 5.03 Aug 2023Investment Banking InternFormer Intern
- Amazing team - Relentless support - Amazing networking opportunities - Get education and advices from high level executives and coaches in the space
Teaching spaces can sometimes be small if the batch has many students.
- 5.011 Apr 2023InternshipFormer Intern, less than 1 yearLondon, England
* In person masterclasses * You are taught by the best * Stock pitch training * Accounting skills * Financial Modelling
No cons for this experience
- 5.02 Aug 2022Financial Analyst InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearLondon, England
A fantastic opportunity to learn about the day to day life within investment banking, as well as learning financial modelling, valuation and accounting fundamentals. Sameer is very friendly and approachable and has a lot of experience in the field. The program also runs you through mock interviews and helps you prepare your CV and cover letter. It then sends them to hundreds of investment banks within its database. Got me an interview and job within 2 days of the course being complete!
In the larger classes the pace can sometimes be either too fast or too slow depending on other students, but this isn't too much of an issue as Sameer is helpful with questions.
- 5.020 Aug 2021Equity Research AnalystFormer Intern, less than 1 year
I would recommend the City Investment Training course to anyone looking to get into any area of IB, particularly to those who are concerned about their lack of experience or who are unsure about which specific direction they want to go in. The course covers both the technical side of Accounting, Financial Modelling and Valuation Analysis and also the more practical side of exploring the different paths you can go down through the use of case studies and mock negotiations etc... allowing you to gain experience across the spectrum of Equity Research, M&A, VC and PE. In terms of financial modelling, I feel the skills that the City Investment Training course provided me with are invaluable. Particularly in terms of the confidence I now feel with producing a model from scratch, and also in terms of techniques for navigating Annual Reports and finding the relevant information.
While I couldn't fault the course overall and I have seen a noticeable difference in my confidence and effectiveness going into applications, ending up with a job within a month of finishing. I did feel that for the amount of money the contact time for the second four weeks could be a lot better and in many ways you are left as a group to conduct your negotiations. While this is realistic I didn't feel I was getting my full value for money.
- 4.09 Aug 2021Investment Banking AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 year
- Intense learning environment where you learn a lot of content in a short space of time - The course sets you up with the experience and skills required to display in interviews and the application process - Step-by-step process to help you build models and understand the theories that drive the M&A process - Breadth of different experiences in terms of exploring the different avenues of finance
- Slightly unorganised structure due to the company operating on a small team - Can be slightly hard to track Sameer down for mock interviews/personal ad-hoc tasks1
- 5.08 Sept 2021Equity Research AnalystFormer Intern, less than 1 yearLondon, England
-Provides you with the essential training and knowledge you need to enter the Banking industry, allowing you to talk confidently about the industry during interviews helping you secure a job in the sector. As well as give you the knowledge to feel confident going into a new role. -Friendly staff and nice office area. -Gives you the chance to make connection with others seeking to get into the industry
- Although all the course content is provided the course structure can at times be a bit unorganised
- 5.018 Mar 2021Equity Research Analyst TraineeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
High-quality training + job support. Really does boost your job prospects. I managed to get a job in valuations off the back of interning for City Investment Training and the sister company AlphaStone Equities for 4 months. The full time analyst course, whilst expensive, is worth it in my opinion if you're struggling to get your foot in the door or just want to ensure you maximise your chances of getting a summer internship or graduate role. The value proposition is much better than doing a masters if banking is what you want to go into. CEO Sameer is friendly, entrepreneurial, and has lots of experience in equity research; I learned a lot working with him.
Small company so things can be disorganized at times
- 5.02 Sept 2021Investment Banking TraineeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
- Overall the course provides very solid knowledge about the industry, a lot of hard work - Prepare you well for technical banking interview - Meet likeminded people - Loads of case study and team work to practice your knowledge
- Can be intense due to the large amount of workload in such short period of time
- 5.010 Aug 2021InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- An intensive programme that provides excellent preperation for banking interviews - Learn and master key financial valuation techniques regardless of previous financial background/experience - Interesting and useful insight from an experienced professional - Received a job offer in investment banking a week after completing the course
- Occasionally lacked a set structure week by week however it never impeded the learning experience
City Investment Training Reviews FAQs
City Investment Training has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at City Investment Training to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
100% of City Investment Training employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated City Investment Training 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.