ClearSky Accounting Reviews

Updated 25 Feb 2021

Found 23 of over 24 reviews

2.7
ClearSky Accounting Managing Director Derek Kelly (no image)
Derek Kelly
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that allows you to grow and learn.

9 Feb 2018 - New Starter Advisor in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at ClearSky for over three years. In this period i've been given the room and time to grow in my role and become one of the senior members on the floor. Our team has a low turnover which can be attributed to calm management and realistic working targets. They're not afraid to reward success in a role that continues to expand with the business.

Cons

We lost our free gym membership last year, but we still get our free monthly sandwich!

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some great people

25 Feb 2021 - Business Development Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people, fun role

Cons

some management are awful people

3. 3.0

Average company

3 Nov 2020 - Tax Assistant in Poole, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues and flexible working

Cons

No honesty from senior management

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Try to avoid if possible

3 Jul 2019 - Accounts Senior
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with this company for over two years. I am struggling to find pros but I have many cons. I am disappointed in this company as they promise the world, when you start, and deliver nothing. If you apply you will almost definitely get a job. Free fruit and one sandwich each month

Cons

Salary is low compared to other companies Perks are few and mostly irrelevant KPIs are almost impossible to hit Working hours are extreme This company works for the profits of the shareholders and investment companies. They are more interested in the bottom line rather than retaining staff. This is the company to go to for learning the basics but I don't know of many who have stayed for a long career. Recently there have been many reductions in the staff, we have lost nearly half the office in recent months, but we are "still overstaffed". So where as it was difficult to complete all of your duties with more staff, it is now almost impossible. There are not many opportunities for progression and they want you to spend your life thinking about the company. Even in my contract it states " during your employment you will, unless prevented by illness, devote the whole of your time, attention and abilities to the business of the company." Home time is no time. Stong advice would be to stay away as they will take everything they can and give little to nothing back.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0

Worked here for only 6 months

5 Jun 2019 - On Boarding Coordinator in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

When you first start the training terrible. Then you get on the phones and your doing well with some support, when you do well there is praise for doing a good job with lots of perks Amazon vouchers and love2shop vouchers.

Cons

If you suffer from depression/anxiety do not work here, the support and understanding is terrible, if your work is affected then forget it, they made me feel horrible about myself which did not help my self esteem at all.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Current Employee

Worst experience ever! Do not subscribe with them... OVERPRICE!

14 Oct 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sorry! Don’t have any Pros

Cons

They ask me £500 to leave them and one month notice. SORRY!!!

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company - but some major issues.

29 Dec 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues, do treat you fairly well.

Cons

Low salary, parking is a major issue - and tend to promote internally on who has shouted the loudest about their modest achievements rather than hard work.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

ten years and counting

2 Feb 2018 - Compliance Team in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been very privileged with the opportunities that have been given to me and I am really proud of the progress of the business over the course of my time here. The directors regularly make themselves available to discuss anything, as do all management levels, there's a real friendly atmosphere and a focus on fun. The staff are second to none and some of the best you will ever work with. Plus there's free fruit, opportunities for development and professional growth, regular awards, a culture of support, a free sandwich every month, as well as on site training and access to complete professional qualifications

Cons

Noting some of the other reviews, yes it is a fast paced environment (as you would expect from a company that is growing and expanding quickly, in an ever changing industry) and, like anywhere, you are expected to hit targets, it's not impossible, it's the culture we live in-everything is target driven these days!! If you're motivated and hardworking you can find yourself moving through promotions quickly and easily with support from the team's and managers. There are also regular pizza lunches which can be a bit inconvenient if you're on a diet.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Walk In, Walk Out?

1 Oct 2018 - General Accounting Assistant in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Will literally give anyone a job!

Cons

Built for profit. Had 3 takeovers in 2 years - and 3 changes of the name of the company that we are all employed / paid by. Progression is slow and the salaries for what is expected are weak. Account managers come and go every month, meaning clients are ignored as their work is either only partially complete or nobody even knows who the client is.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

DO NOT USE FOR ACCOUNTANCY

22 Mar 2017 - Contractor in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Writing a pro could become another world wonder. So I will leave blank for now or Ill spend my week trying to think of one.

Cons

Everything, The service is not personalised at all which is the main negative for me. everytime you call and go through rounds of security of you then speak to someone you have never spoke to before going off notes someone may have written before on your accounts. The portal is SHOCKING. An old basic system thats slow and confusing to understand. £ - £150 a month for the least expensive package!!! for being the most expensive in the market you receive service as if you went to the cheapest. The accountants communication skills arent even that great. Apart from the first initial sales call, that was great.... Lied on the website, said up and running within 24/48 hours. 2 weeks later im still waiting to be set up on a LTD company and a business bank took over 4 weeks. Lured me in being a newby to contracting saying they will hand hold me through everything ensuring I understand everything. Pa!! I got a told a different thing every day by a different accountant.. Advice to people thinking of joining. Regardless how good the sales man is at luring you in. Do not fool for it like I did. Once you join and get going with the actual accountants you will realise you made a big mistake

12 people found this review helpful