Clevertech Reviews

Updated 25 May 2020

4.0
Clevertech Founder Kuty Shalev (no image)
Kuty Shalev
Pros
  • "Remote work -- is always a plus to work from whenever you want in the world(in 25 reviews)

• "You get to work on really interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "this is not a con of CT itself, but of the remote work style(in 19 reviews)

• "No benefits usual for non-remote companies, like medical insurance (for USA), gym, cafeteria or corporate parties(in 5 reviews)

"Entrepreneurship at its best"

Current Employee - Full Stack Web Developer in London, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working time, great projects and colleagues make this company the best! You are given a chance to work on interesting projects ranging from startups at their beginnings to enerprise applications, all done with cutting edge technologies. But that's not all, each developer has access to best learning materials available so if you want to learn and improve you're 100% covered. The best part is that you can do all of this while travelling the world!

Cons

Remote work is not for everyone! In order to succeed here, you need to self-improve constantly and communicate very efficiently. If you're used just to writing code without understanding client needs this isn't the place for you.

Clevertech2018-04-17

"Not enough workers/staffs, wearing too many hats!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation Flexible Family Leave As all positions here at Clevertech, it's all remote!

Cons

Too much work, there are times I feel like swamp. It's under staff. Either HR or someone doesn't know how to do their job! It's not about how well the person understand coding in any language. It's more like finding the right people who fits in this company, requirement or nowadays 'culture'. Even the current staff, I feel they just hand off their projects to other people.

Clevertech2019-06-09

Clevertech Response

June 12, 2019

We’re always grateful to hear feedback from our tenured, senior developers; and please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Product Analyst, or your HR point of contact, or Senior Management, or other Tech Leads… you’ve got support! We work hard here, and deliver to our team world class challenges that provide us all with opportunities to improve our technical abilities, management techniques, and help our clients solve difficult problems. If we weren’t working hard to create solutions, we wouldn’t be true to our core values of Mastery and Purpose. We’re sorry to hear that there are times when you feel swamped. While some sprints have us working more than 8 hours in a day, if measured over a longer period of time, we aim for the average 40-hour work week. We regularly measure our workplace climate through anonymous surveys using CultureAmp. In our most recent survey, 93% of our team reported: “I believe my workload is reasonable for my role.” (http://bit.ly/CultureAmpWorkLife) We also share your concern for “finding the right people who fit” within our culture, and we encourage you to contribute positively, and work collaboratively to support our community.

"Challenging Projects & Cool Teams"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Lead in London, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Over the past 18 months, I've worked on two of the most interesting projects in my career..the deadlines were aggressive but reasonable, and I generally found the clients to be demanding. DevOps here has stepped up big time, and now, actually makes my life better by pushing Kubernetes, Yarn and a great set of build tools that save me time and stress. The team is diverse for sure, which takes a few weeks to get used to, but is one of the most eclectic mixes I've seen, and actually sometimes brings cool insights to a project, particularly on the front end/ux arena.

Cons

Lack of office time means no water cooler socializing, and there is a lack of typical "startuppy" perks that I got used to. However, management is stepping up and getting better there regularly. The mid-level management team is really nice to work with, and the partners seem nice, but I've only really had face time with one of them since i joined.

Clevertech2017-01-10

"Rewarding and Respectful"

Current Employee - Senior IOS Developer

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Focuses on the employees as much as the clients - Actually rewards and recognises hard work - Respects the decisions you make - Really welcome to suggestions for improvement and acts on these quickly - Provides the help and support you need to reach personal and professional goals - Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the workplace - Very trusting in its employees

Cons

Having worked with Clevertech for a while now, it's difficult to criticise them as any issues I have I raise with the management. It's then discussed and a resolution is out in place. One of the only employers I have worked for which care about their hard working staff as much as the clients. This is because the recognise and openly admit that with out us - the business wouldn't work. A refreshing statement to hear..

Clevertech2015-01-26
  5. "Freedom, mastery, and purpose"

Former Employee - Technical Lead

I worked at Clevertech full-time for more than a year

Pros

CT is a great place to work. Lots of smart people; super low overhead; candid feedback.

Cons

Career path fuzzy. Communication with management not the best.

Clevertech2020-05-26
  6. "Remote First, Interesting Work, Great Culture, Great People, Fast-Paced"

Current Employee - Human Resources and Recruiting Specialist in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clevertech is an amazing company. They are always innovating their process and are unique in the way they approach their work. They care deeply about what they do and the people they do it with. I first found Clevertech through needing a remote job, and I am so glad I did! They value culture and they value being masters at what they do. I did not think it was possible for work to be this engaging, challenging, and fast-paced and I love that! I would highly encourage anyone to apply!

Cons

I would say that you need to be someone who enjoys a fast-paced work environment to thrive here, and you also need to be someone who enjoys working hard at what you do. They also typically pay less than other companies who hire a traditional workforce but this is because there are many advantages financially to being remote such as not having to live downtown or pay for a commute, etc.

Clevertech2020-04-20

"It's a job that pays on time"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work remotely with little technical oversight.

Cons

You're just a cog in a never-ending wheel of over-demanding clients. The clientele is looking for bargain pricing on engineering work, and they get what they pay for.

Clevertech2020-04-15

"Great place to work remotely"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote: This is a remote first company, which means that even the C level work remotely and that has a very good impact on the way we work, because most companies that are remote friendly takes decision in-office and remote employees don't get involved in some decisions. Flexibility: The company has a lot of flexibility and trust employees, we work not based on the amount of time we spend warming the chair, instead, we work based on the results. Culture: The company has a pretty good team to create good topics on slack and groups so we don't feel that we are working alone, we feel we are part of a company even though not in office. Work Life Balance: The company also cares about employees to not get stressed and I think this is super important, because money isn't everything, they provide some incentives to people enjoy their lives more, and hears employees thoughts every time.

Cons

I think we kinda need well defined career plans and better benefits to help employees create the best remote work, giving monthly pays to help building a good home office.

Clevertech2020-03-11

"Years in, still loving it"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Fully remote-first -- the company is built from the ground up to support remote workers * Lots of special events to reward developers * Lots of training events, especially leadership and skill-sharing * Flexible schedules (varies by project) * Value-driven as opposed to politics driven -- if you're delivering value for the client, you're doing a good job. * Awesome projects -- not simply a WordPress or Drupal mill. Clevertech builds and maintains enterprise-grade web applications from the ground up with expert full-stack developers. * Easy communication channels with management

Cons

* Less structure than an in-office sort-of-deal * Less hand-holding. You're expected to know your stuff and to ask lots of questions

Clevertech2019-10-22

"Fine remote workplace"

4.0

I have been working at Clevertech full-time

Pros

- Lots of freedom - Company culture is very relaxed

Cons

- Not for non-proactive people that need any sort of hand holding

Clevertech2019-11-03