Clevertech Employee Reviews about "interesting projects"

Updated 12 Feb 2020

3.8
Clevertech Founder Kuty Shalev (no image)
Kuty Shalev
Pros
  • "Remote work -- is always a plus to work from whenever you want in the world(in 25 reviews)

• "You get to work on really interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "this is not a con of CT itself, but of the remote work style(in 19 reviews)

• "Every employee is a B2B contractor, so there's no benefits(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "interesting projects"

Return to all Reviews

"Entrepreneurship at its best"

Current Employee - Full Stack Web Developer in London, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working time, great projects and colleagues make this company the best! You are given a chance to work on interesting projects ranging from startups at their beginnings to enerprise applications, all done with cutting edge technologies. But that's not all, each developer has access to best learning materials available so if you want to learn and improve you're 100% covered. The best part is that you can do all of this while travelling the world!

Cons

Remote work is not for everyone! In order to succeed here, you need to self-improve constantly and communicate very efficiently. If you're used just to writing code without understanding client needs this isn't the place for you.

Continue reading

"Challenging Projects & Cool Teams"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Lead in London, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Over the past 18 months, I've worked on two of the most interesting projects in my career..the deadlines were aggressive but reasonable, and I generally found the clients to be demanding. DevOps here has stepped up big time, and now, actually makes my life better by pushing Kubernetes, Yarn and a great set of build tools that save me time and stress. The team is diverse for sure, which takes a few weeks to get used to, but is one of the most eclectic mixes I've seen, and actually sometimes brings cool insights to a project, particularly on the front end/ux arena.

Cons

Lack of office time means no water cooler socializing, and there is a lack of typical "startuppy" perks that I got used to. However, management is stepping up and getting better there regularly. The mid-level management team is really nice to work with, and the partners seem nice, but I've only really had face time with one of them since i joined.

Continue reading

3. "Very good, and improving"

Current Contractor - Senior Backend Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Clevertech for less than a year

Pros

Interesting projects with real-world implications. Trust and autonomy, as long as you are competent and responsible. Management seems truly concerned in building a healthy remote culture, and is acting on the feedback it gets. Provides internal training courses, on non-technical subjects.

Cons

Can't choose projects you are working on. Customers and projects cannot be disclosed, and this results in a lack of information about what others are doing and what your opportunities are.

"Great Company, Top Talent, Fantastic Remote-First Employer, Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Tech Lead

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked remotely for over 15 years. Clevertech does this style of work better than any company I've worked with in the past. Clevertech is a great place to work for many reasons: Remote! (if that is your thing) Management trusts their employees. Management is engaged with the employees Management invests in their employees. Management is genuinely interested in their employees' happiness. Very competitive salaries. Good benefits package. Fairly flexible schedule ... within reason. You are part of a high-talent team. Interesting projects. Work with top talent from around the world.

Cons

Remote work is not for everybody. Generally, you need to be a self-starter, good with remote communication tools, fairly organized, and occasionally available to work odd hours due to the worldwide team structure. These aren't really what I consider cons, but you need to make sure working remotely fits your MO.

Continue reading

"Embracing remote work culture at it's best"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Warsaw

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

- time and location flexibility - learning opportunities - interesting projects - skilled teammates - focus good coding and DevOpsSec practices - freedom to choose process and tools on the project

Cons

- lacking some events to feel more as a whole even though working remotely

Continue reading

"If you are capable - this is the company for you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- All the known advantages of remote work - Senior management is clearly working hard to find and retain quality people. You'll realize after the first week that you are among a real nice and quality group of people - Communication lines (particularly Slack) are open and you can easily interact with your peers and management all the way to the CEO. - A large number of interesting projects with an emphasis on the latest, coolest, technologies. Check out their job postings. - My key observation: the company is about delivering value to its customers. It depends on developers who can create such value working independently, at a steady pace, per project plans. If you can play in this arena as a self motivated developer that can add value , you will be GOLDEN. You will be offered super interesting projects and will find opportunities for career and financial advancement. - I actually like the diversity of the staff. I have worked with people from all over the world, I have learned about many religions (who said you cannot take vacation? ) and found many tour destinations just chatting with colleagues. - You will learn a tremendous amount (this is also a Con if you are not a fast learner)

Cons

- If you are not ready to take the personal move into this new service economy, don't. Clevertech is not an old style company with remote employees. - You need to be willing to self motivate and realize that results matter. If all you do is sell the company your hours, you will not fit in. - You are in a competitive industry. Your job security depends on your attractiveness. If you deliver value, you'll stay forever. If not, talk it out, Clevertech is sizable and can find you a more suitable project. But if you cannot find an assignment where you deliver value, you are at risk of being let go.

Continue reading

"Flexible, interesting projects, always improving"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Zaragoza

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work remotely. I have lived in 3 different cities while working for this company. You just need to work 4-5 hours at least in the EST (New York) time zone. - Flexibility. Do you need to make an errand? Do you have to take care of your kid? No problem, tell your project manager and you will catch up later. - Interesting projects and interesting technologies: video, blockchain, electron, react native, native mobile apps, apps featured by Apple,... - Great workmates. You can learn a lot from them. - Very horizontal organization. As a developer you have the project manager and the CEO, no more hierarchy. - You can talk directly to the client in any project. - Training material such as subscriptions to Ray Wenderlich, Frontend Masters courses, etc. - Always improving. Culture matters in this company and they are always trying to improve. We share pictures every friday, there's an internal newsletter, you can give badges to your teammates, you can ask to be reviewed by your teammates, swag, contests (memes, halloween costumes, gifs,...), etc.

Cons

- You work remotely, and you need to work 4-5 hours at least in the EST (New York) time zone. I think it is reasonable, but depending on where you are living this can be a problem. - They provide 10 days of paid vacation PLUS one birthday float day, and in addition to these days, 7.5 statutory holidays. This is a con if you are used to have 20 days or more like in some european countries. You can ask for more, but it needs to be approved. You can also ask for non paid vacations, but that's more exceptional. - Corp 2 corp contract. It is reasonable because there are people working everywhere, but you have to take this into account. In my case requires to do more paperwork in my country than a regular contract.

April 17, 2018Founder

Thanks for the well thought out post with both Pros and Cons that are worth considering.

8. "Great autonomy, exciting clients and remote work"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Clevertech

Pros

You get to work on really interesting projects Autonomy/little micro management Impressive employees and talent Agile Can work as an independent contractor Good leadership Good culture that isn’t “forced” Treated like an adult

Cons

Salaries are not super competitive Not the best at Onboarding new team members

Continue reading

"Flexible, fun organization with a few growing pains"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Clevertech full-time

Pros

Friendly and Intelligent Co-workers Remote Lifestyle allows flexibility Interesting Projects Regular Virtual Tech Presentations

Cons

Lack of visibility or input on assignments (new tools are in place to help though) Communication can be a bit lacking sometimes Little room for advancement No benefits beyond flexible days off

August 11, 2016Talent Management

Thank you for the feedback! We certainly do have great developers and interesting projects here. In fact, we feel the people are the best part! And thank you for your advice. You mentioned the new tools we have put in place to help provide visibility and a path for communication regarding future project assignments… we are very excited about these tools and are improving them daily. As you use them, we’d love to hear your feedback on how we can continue to improve. We have also recently implemented new ways our developers can be rewarded and acknowledged. If you have more suggestions on how we can show appreciation to our team, please send them to hr@clevertech.biz or use our internal suggestion box. We’d love to hear them!

"Web Developer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Clevertech for less than a year

Pros

Different and interesting projects Lots of chances to learn new things Fully agile approach Focused on job 100% all the time Communication is a key to success

Cons

No real cons, but few advices to freelance/contactor remote workers Most of the people doesn't understand what remote contracting stand for and that can be a main reason why they are not satisfied. At the and I was one of the CleverTech employees who was not satisfied, and for a long time I was angry on them, but after some time when I finally find out what remote contracting stand for and when I understood that every cent is counted I can't guilty anyone except myself for missed opportunity. Just make sure that you are dedicated to the job 100% or you will be sucked out in record amount of time. Improve your communication skills.

July 20, 2016Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the recognition that our projects are interesting - we try to ensure that everyone feels professionally fulfilled. Working remotely, in addition to working in a contractor role, can be challenging. We recognize that communication and trust are the base for success in our model so we have added steps in our onboarding process to help our developers understand expectations and the tools available to help everyone succeed. If you have any suggestions on how we can further set our developers up for success, please email us at hr@clevertech.biz. We would love to hear from you.

Found 14 reviews