Clevertech Employee Reviews about "remote work"

Updated 15 Apr 2020

3.9
Clevertech Founder Kuty Shalev (no image)
Kuty Shalev
Pros
  • "Remote work -- is always a plus to work from whenever you want in the world(in 25 reviews)

• "You get to work on really interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "this is not a con of CT itself, but of the remote work style(in 19 reviews)

• "No benefits usual for non-remote companies, like medical insurance (for USA), gym, cafeteria or corporate parties(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "remote work"

Return to all Reviews

"Entrepreneurship at its best"

Current Employee - Full Stack Web Developer in London, England

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working time, great projects and colleagues make this company the best! You are given a chance to work on interesting projects ranging from startups at their beginnings to enerprise applications, all done with cutting edge technologies. But that's not all, each developer has access to best learning materials available so if you want to learn and improve you're 100% covered. The best part is that you can do all of this while travelling the world!

Cons

Remote work is not for everyone! In order to succeed here, you need to self-improve constantly and communicate very efficiently. If you're used just to writing code without understanding client needs this isn't the place for you.

Clevertech2018-04-17

"It's a job that pays on time"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work remotely with little technical oversight.

Cons

You're just a cog in a never-ending wheel of over-demanding clients. The clientele is looking for bargain pricing on engineering work, and they get what they pay for.

Clevertech2020-04-15

"Great place to work remotely"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Remote: This is a remote first company, which means that even the C level work remotely and that has a very good impact on the way we work, because most companies that are remote friendly takes decision in-office and remote employees don't get involved in some decisions. Flexibility: The company has a lot of flexibility and trust employees, we work not based on the amount of time we spend warming the chair, instead, we work based on the results. Culture: The company has a pretty good team to create good topics on slack and groups so we don't feel that we are working alone, we feel we are part of a company even though not in office. Work Life Balance: The company also cares about employees to not get stressed and I think this is super important, because money isn't everything, they provide some incentives to people enjoy their lives more, and hears employees thoughts every time.

Cons

I think we kinda need well defined career plans and better benefits to help employees create the best remote work, giving monthly pays to help building a good home office.

Clevertech2020-03-11

"Freelance agency style"

Current Employee - Senior Full Stack Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than a year

Pros

- remote work - quality projects with interesting tech - great for people accustomed to freelancing: no need to seek out clients - competent and experienced folks on staff if you can find them on slack

Cons

- teams work in silos - basically working as temps, little connection to overall organization - need to set up a business for the business to business relationship - you won't feel like an employee; more like you're working for an agency

Clevertech2019-10-30
  5. "If you are ready to create value through your actions, then that's the right place to be."

Current Employee - Tech Lead

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Of course, being physically detached from your workspace and the unmatched freedom of working remotely is an amazing opportunity to look for. But actually, the most satisfying aspect of being part of the team is the trust we build together through our actions. Being in a place where evaluation is based on value-added and not timesheets or some vague assumptions, is exceptional. - Work-remotely, i.e. from anywhere you like - Evaluation based on contribution and value, not timesheets - Self-development and growth are encouraged and supported - Feeling safe to openly communicate with management - Warm community of curious professionals

Cons

Working remotely has its own challenges, especially on the soft-skills layer of communication and trust. If you want to move the needle, it's not enough to bring tech expertise. You should be curious and willing to improve your non-tech-skills too if you want to exceed the expectations and succeed in any remote-based environment.

Clevertech2019-08-07
  6. "Best company I've ever worked in"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Voronezh, Voronezhskaya Oblast'

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fully remote, a great balance of traveling/ working/ spending time with family/ seeing how your children grow ; Up-to-date tech stack; Great opportunities for personal growth; Good compensation; Open-minded management; Paid vacation; Direct communications with clients, good senior devs around, no over-management;

Cons

There are no cons if you love, and you are ready for remote work.

Clevertech2019-08-07

"Great Company, Top Talent, Fantastic Remote-First Employer, Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Tech Lead

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked remotely for over 15 years. Clevertech does this style of work better than any company I've worked with in the past. Clevertech is a great place to work for many reasons: Remote! (if that is your thing) Management trusts their employees. Management is engaged with the employees Management invests in their employees. Management is genuinely interested in their employees' happiness. Very competitive salaries. Good benefits package. Fairly flexible schedule ... within reason. You are part of a high-talent team. Interesting projects. Work with top talent from around the world.

Cons

Remote work is not for everybody. Generally, you need to be a self-starter, good with remote communication tools, fairly organized, and occasionally available to work odd hours due to the worldwide team structure. These aren't really what I consider cons, but you need to make sure working remotely fits your MO.

Clevertech2019-01-01

"My experience @ Clevertech"

4.0
    Former Contractor - Blockchain Engineer

I worked at Clevertech for less than a year

Pros

Clevertech is a complete remote company, consider this while reading my review. - Freedom. Even as a remote company, I believe the freedom in CT is high. They trust the teams to deliver on the projects. - Flexibility. As expected of a company that embraces a remote work style, you can pretty much define your working hours as long as the project is progressing well and the team acknowledges it. - Community. There's a community in CT, which is nice because one can always find help. It's great to see discussions about a topic happening in a Slack channel. I'd say this is one of the strong points about CT. - Possibility to get a hold of management. It's nice to be able to talk with management, even if briefly. Sometimes you have questions that only the leaders can give a proper answer, sometimes you just want some attention and a little pat in the head. I appreciate that in a company. - Payments are sacred. Payments are treated with utmost priority, which is nice. After setting the account, which might not be so straightforward, every month payments will happen without hassle. - Internal opportunities. I learned some devops, a lot of back end, some front end and I was a Blockchain Engineer! Being able to grow surely is nice. - Inside tooling and documentation is doing well.

Cons

- Little social interaction. this is not a con of CT itself, but of the remote work style. As a remote, one got to compensate the lack of social interaction in some way. Else, it's not socially and psychologically healthy over the course of time. There are some initiatives to approach this inherent difficulty, such as the coffee buddies group, where one can attend to coffee chats with other people (I enjoyed those), but I believe CT could put more effort into that and acknowledge the issue openly. - Payment and benefits are low when compared to the market. I wish CT would make room for higher benefits/payments. - Too much freedom can be a curse if not used wisely. As they say: "Remote is not for everyone". - The communication inside the company is somewhat lacking. I felt no direction at times, had to reach out to management when there was no real need, a better information flow could've done it.

Clevertech2019-01-25

"If you want to get pay what you are not worth, this is the place to be"

1.0
    Current Employee - Javascript Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work remote and that's about it

Cons

A lot of work, a lot of stress, bad benefits, bad pay. Their developers aren't starts liek they think they are.

Clevertech2019-02-15

"Remote Dream Work, basically"

Current Employee - PHP Developer in Saint Petersburg

I have been working at Clevertech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Never ever saw any ridiculous control over work time like in TopTal. Amount of trust Clevertech gives us is surprising. There's only two restrictions: you have to be available for calls in your work time, and you have to deliver results before deadline. How you structure your actual work is up to you. 100% remote work: zero commute time, work from wherever you want, whenever you want. Paycheck at least comparable to first world countries but no matter where you actually live. And in USD, not in local currency! Payments are exactly at the payday, saw only one delayed payment in almost 7 years of being here. Package with swag every Christmas. Corporate training sessions on actual tech and management topics. Recent addition is annual separate budget for "personal improvement" whatever you want it to be. Like a paycheck increase but only for specific expenses.

Cons

Contract is corp-to-corp, so you need to handle your taxes and pension yourself. No benefits usual for non-remote companies, like medical insurance (for USA), gym, cafeteria or corporate parties. It's not like there's absolutely zero benefits, though. 100% remote work: you have to find your own workstation and workplace to do your job. Also you must be online in your work hours, and you have to have your own higher-tier Internet connection overall. You have very little chance to actually meet and talk with your colleagues in person.

Clevertech2018-12-21