Close Customer Success Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Customer Success Manager

Close Customer Success Manager Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2018

5.0
Close CEO Steli Efti (no image)
Steli Efti

"Work with a small team of insanely productive rockstars from all over the world"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Close full-time for less than a year

Pros

When first joining the Close.io - I was a bit concerned that "remote" would really translate into "out of the loop." Having worked at companies with an HQ and remote teams, this was the norm. However, once I started, I was blown away at how wrong I was. A lot of that comes from the fact that everyone is remote, not just you, so there's a common understanding of what everyone needs from each other. Also, we hire from... all across the globe, so you'll be working with some of the most interesting people you can find. Everyone believes in what we're set out to help people accomplish, and in a customer facing role, you get to see that impact every day.

Cons

This is not a con for me, but I wouldn't recommend this job if you're not a self-starter. People will probably say that about any job, but it's especially true when you're working at a small remote company that produces like teams 2-3x it's size. There's little time for oversight and direction, so you're given a high level of autonomy and expected to run with it. If that doesn't sound appealing, then this might not... be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Easily the best management team I've ever worked with, so not much in terms of things to change. If anything, the advice is to do everything you can to maintain this level of culture as the company grows. I have faith we can do that.

Close2018-06-14

"Amazing team + fantastic remote culture + challenging, fast-paced work = <3"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Close full-time for less than a year

Pros

As one of the newer employees, working at Close.io has been a very unique and positive experience. By unique, I mean that it's not everyday that you find a job that you love, with a team that you look forward to spending time with, at a company that prioritizes continuous truth-seeking, trusting your team, and embracing the ridiculous. By positive, I do not mean that it's not challenging or hard work, but it's the... type of hard work that you look forward to waking up in the morning and diving into. The entire team practices what they preach and the culture of the company is very accurately presented during the hiring process.

Cons

If you are new to remote work, I would just encourage you to honestly think about what it would take for you to be successful in a 100% remote work environment. Remote work is a positive in my mind, but it can be challenging as well.

Close2018-06-05

"HAPPY to go to work in the morning!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close.io is redefining what a workplace can be. First, it's gone totally remote, with employees all over the world, communicating in real time with online tools. Second, there is no politicking, no cliques, no bulls***. Just a group of highly talented, intelligent, diverse, and interesting individuals who excel at direct communication. Thirdly, because of the small team size and the company's flexibility, there's... room here to make your job what you want it to be (within reason). I have been able to champion and action projects that I feel strongly about, work the hours that make sense for me (and my customers), and have a voice when it comes to future company decisions. The sense of team here is strong and not just with people I work with every day. The company was built on the co-founders' strong relationship and that same trust is present today with each new team member that joins.

Cons

The team is figuring out the best way to be remote workers - meaning and significance of communication can get lost if we're only communicating via typing. Video chats, in person team retreats, small customer meet up groups, and travel together has really helped here.

Advice to Management

You've built an incredible team on the principles you created together as founders. Continue to strengthen that foundation and trust that we'll follow your example.

Close2017-11-21