Close Customer Success Manager Reviews

Found 4 of over 31 reviews

5.0
Close CEO Steli Efti
Steli Efti

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

158 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Legit employee review: It's better than I could have anticipated!

Mar 26, 2019 - Customer Success Executive in Olathe, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Close has been a blast! When I applied to work there, I read all the Glassdoor reviews and to be honest, was kinda like, "Sure, yeah, whatever - this is probably the typical 'Glassdoor window dressing' stuff." So while I was excited about accepting an offer to work with their team, I was also a bit skeptical that my perception of great people doing great work would be quickly disappointed, so I lowered my expectations preparing to be mildly disappointed. Amazingly, I haven't been disappointed at all - actually, surprised by how legitimately kind, humble, and thoughtful the team is to work alongside daily. We joke, we laugh, we work hard - and working with people who care about their customers and the results (and how they achieve those results!) is a total breathe of fresh air. After starting here, I was given a copy of the book "Rework" written by Jason Friedman and DHH from Basecamp as a, "Hey, read this - it explains a lot of how we think about what we do." I was already a huge fan of how Basecamp operates, so I was immediately impressed. As the months continued, I've had more experiences that show the company lives up to the hype. For example, one evening my manager basically (kindly) scolded me for NOT having my "Do Not Disturb" enabled on Slack so I can unplug from my work when I'm not at my desk. Who does that stuff these days??? So awesome. There's a prevailing sense of confident-humility that's quick to own up to poor decisions, acknowledges real skill and ability, praises good choices, and defaults toward action and getting stuff done. Close has some many people scattered around the world from different cultures, backgrounds, and ethnicities - and I feel like I'm continually learning from their life experiences and perspectives as well.

Cons

It's not for everyone. If amid uncertainty, you don't naturally default toward action (e.g., "I'm not sure, but I can figure it out..."), you likely won't be a fit at Close. In that same vein, you likely won't be a fit if you're intimidated to ask questions - even seemingly silly ones. As a culture, we question ourselves, our peers, our processes, and choices from last week, month, or year. So if you're not comfortable reconsidering what seemed best yesterday - or asking questions about it, you likely won't be a fit. The team works hard but has strong expectations that you unplug, step away, and recharge - and if you can't manage yourself (both by showing up and also showing yourself out), you likely won't be a fit here. Additionally, a common denominator here is the ability to admit when you're wrong - but also a strength in being able to stand behind your decisions. In other words, owning your work, outcomes, and choices. No one acts defeated or like a whipped puppy. The culture is warm, forgiving, and supportive - but if you're more about defending your actions (defensive) than owning the results (humble strength), you'll likely struggle with the open and honest culture.

29 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Amazing team + fantastic remote culture + challenging, fast-paced work = <3

Jun 5, 2018 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

As one of the newer employees, working at Close.io has been a very unique and positive experience. By unique, I mean that it's not everyday that you find a job that you love, with a team that you look forward to spending time with, at a company that prioritizes continuous truth-seeking, trusting your team, and embracing the ridiculous. By positive, I do not mean that it's not challenging or hard work, but it's the type of hard work that you look forward to waking up in the morning and diving into. The entire team practices what they preach and the culture of the company is very accurately presented during the hiring process.

Cons

If you are new to remote work, I would just encourage you to honestly think about what it would take for you to be successful in a 100% remote work environment. Remote work is a positive in my mind, but it can be challenging as well.

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work with a small team of insanely productive rockstars from all over the world

Jun 14, 2018 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

When first joining the Close.io - I was a bit concerned that "remote" would really translate into "out of the loop." Having worked at companies with an HQ and remote teams, this was the norm. However, once I started, I was blown away at how wrong I was. A lot of that comes from the fact that everyone is remote, not just you, so there's a common understanding of what everyone needs from each other. Also, we hire from all across the globe, so you'll be working with some of the most interesting people you can find. Everyone believes in what we're set out to help people accomplish, and in a customer facing role, you get to see that impact every day.

Cons

This is not a con for me, but I wouldn't recommend this job if you're not a self-starter. People will probably say that about any job, but it's especially true when you're working at a small remote company that produces like teams 2-3x it's size. There's little time for oversight and direction, so you're given a high level of autonomy and expected to run with it. If that doesn't sound appealing, then this might not be the company for you.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

HAPPY to go to work in the morning!

Nov 21, 2017 - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close.io is redefining what a workplace can be. First, it's gone totally remote, with employees all over the world, communicating in real time with online tools. Second, there is no politicking, no cliques, no bulls***. Just a group of highly talented, intelligent, diverse, and interesting individuals who excel at direct communication. Thirdly, because of the small team size and the company's flexibility, there's room here to make your job what you want it to be (within reason). I have been able to champion and action projects that I feel strongly about, work the hours that make sense for me (and my customers), and have a voice when it comes to future company decisions. The sense of team here is strong and not just with people I work with every day. The company was built on the co-founders' strong relationship and that same trust is present today with each new team member that joins.

Cons

The team is figuring out the best way to be remote workers - meaning and significance of communication can get lost if we're only communicating via typing. Video chats, in person team retreats, small customer meet up groups, and travel together has really helped here.

5 people found this review helpful