Close Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Close Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2019

4.8
Close CEO Steli Efti (no image)
Steli Efti

"Happiest 5 years of my professional life"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Close full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with the company for over 5 years and I'm still not looking for anything else! The product is very fun to work on and I'm often inspired by the amount of positive feedback we're receiving from our customers. However, the main "pro" for me is definitely the team. The leadership is by far the most competent and thoughtful from all the companies I've worked at. You can be sure that the person responsible for... you a) knows your job very well, b) has high standards, c) cares about you. You can also be sure you'll be given a lot of trust and responsibility. This might be less apparent in the first month of so of your employment, but then picks up very quickly. Expect the product, the team, and your responsibilities to grow at a pace that's just at the edge of your comfort zone, which makes for an ever-challenging and very educational environment. I'm also very grateful for the fact that I can work from anywhere in the world. It takes discipline, but when done well, significantly expands your freedom. Lastly, team retreats are a blast!

Cons

Remote work might be a bit tough in the beginning if you're not used to it. I had to grow a lot of discipline around personal habits and communication in the early years. But, as I said above, once that's done, it's great.

Close2018-02-12

"LOVE this team & company <3"

Current Employee - Operations in Summerland, CA

I have been working at Close full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Where do I start...?! ;) 1) The freedom to work from anywhere in the world and create my own full-time schedule. 2) The exceptional talents (and personalities) that drive the company. This is an organization that encourages the entrepreneurial spirit; a place where professional growth and personal development are truly apparent. They place a lot of trust to begin with so if you need structure, encouragement... or praise, that's not something you'll find consistently here. You're expected to take ownership and bring the best version of yourself to the table. They offer a lot of great benefits for such a small company (health insurance, 401k, equipment, excellent PTO.. etc). Super reasonable and approachable leaders and the longevity on the team is pretty outstanding.

Cons

Remote working has it's downsides but I wouldn't trade that in for an office job anytime soon. It's part of my job to make sure communication and culture stays alive so any complaints about this are my own doing.

Advice to Management

I give them feedback directly. Publicly: Be more aggressive in promoting the product, it's an amazing tool....

Close2017-11-22

"No place I'd rather be!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close.io is a value-driven product and organization. People here are humble, down to earth, and strive for excellence. No bureaucracy or drama here - it's all about focusing on what truly matters. We live to help salespeople and we believe in the power of inside sales teams to help businesses grow and thrive.

Cons

Not cons -- all I'm saying is that we really expect every individual to step up, and we really trust in everyone to be self-sufficient. You will learn how to rely on yourself, your abilities, and your own convictions, rather than trying to do what everyone else is doing. Don't expect a rigid set of rules for you to "win" the game - you are here to write the rules of the game! You must be confident, while backing... up your input with data. Be humble, because teammates *will* question or challenge your viewpoints. Be ready for a startup that recognizes all the areas it needs to work on, but will not work at them all at once because we must ruthlessly prioritize. On top of that, remote work requires a lot of self-awareness and maturity, as well as the initiative to proactively and independently create the conditions of your success. Management and the team as a whole is very supportive with time and resources for you, but you must step up and ask for it!

Advice to Management

I love your infallible focus in the decisions you make about the people you hire and how you build the product - NEVER lose that.

Close2017-11-26

"So nice, I joined the company twice!"

Current Employee - Head of Growth in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company's mission is clear: 1. Build the best software for inside sales teams we possibly can. 2. Build a house you want to live in. People aren't working here to get to the next thing. For most of us, Close.io is "the thing". The entire team is fully remote. Work/life balance is critical. Trust is a big factor, which allows management to give employees a lot of flexibility to do their thing.

Cons

These aren't "cons", but disclaimers: There's no office. So you need to be able to manage yourself and stay productive. The company is slightly understaffed by design. So if you're mailing it in, it'll get noticed very quickly. Having great ideas doesn't mean much here. You have to be able to convince others and/or execute on the idea yourself to make it happen.

Close2017-11-21

"HAPPY to go to work in the morning!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close.io is redefining what a workplace can be. First, it's gone totally remote, with employees all over the world, communicating in real time with online tools. Second, there is no politicking, no cliques, no bulls***. Just a group of highly talented, intelligent, diverse, and interesting individuals who excel at direct communication. Thirdly, because of the small team size and the company's flexibility, there's... room here to make your job what you want it to be (within reason). I have been able to champion and action projects that I feel strongly about, work the hours that make sense for me (and my customers), and have a voice when it comes to future company decisions. The sense of team here is strong and not just with people I work with every day. The company was built on the co-founders' strong relationship and that same trust is present today with each new team member that joins.

Cons

The team is figuring out the best way to be remote workers - meaning and significance of communication can get lost if we're only communicating via typing. Video chats, in person team retreats, small customer meet up groups, and travel together has really helped here.

Advice to Management

You've built an incredible team on the principles you created together as founders. Continue to strengthen that foundation and trust that we'll follow your example.

"Team Awesome"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Close full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best team I ever worked with: supportive, welcoming, fun. Company with a razor sharp focus.

Cons

Remote work comes with a set of challenges. You have to take responsibility for your work day, for maintaining work/life balance etc (don't expect others to fix your day).

"Sales"

I have been working at Close full-time

Pros

tons to learn, incredible management, strong vision and position in the market of CRMs, great people, working remotely, regular team work retreats (all expenses paid), low hierarchy and much more!

Cons

working remotely can be a challenge at times

"Dream come true"

Content Creator in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Close

Pros

Close.io took a chance on me. I couldn't have been less qualified for the job I was given, but they saw something they liked and took a gamble. I think that's been my biggest takeaway: Close.io believes in people. They believe in their employees, their prospects, their customers, and even their competitor's customers. It's an amazing environment to be a part of

Cons

As of writing, Close.io is still developing a uniform way to connect a team that is spread out across the world. With everyone in different time-zones, it can be hard to stay up-to-date on everything that's going on.

Advice to Management

Your dedication to providing immense value is one of the things that sets you apart. Don't lose sight of that as you grow.

Close2016-03-30

"10/10 en todos los aspectos"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Close full-time for less than a year

Pros

* La empresa valora a sus empleados más que en ningún otro lugar en el que haya trabajado. El director general nos envió un paquete de cuidados durante el ajetreado período de principio de año con vitaminas, bombones y otros regalos. * Puedes trabajar desde cualquier lugar del mundo. Viajar no necesariamente destruye tu límite de días de vacaciones * La gente es impresionante y todos tienen sus propias historias y... rarezas. Los retiros son una gran manera de conectar con estos hermosos humanos * El producto es increíble. ¡Se está creciendo muchísimo y ahora es un gran momento para subirse a bordo del tren Close! * Tengo voz en la compañía.

Cons

*Sinceramente, no se me ocurre nada. Si hay algún problema, el equipo de Close es excelente a la hora de escucharte y encontrar una solución.

Advice to Management

Seguid petándolo.

Translated from English