Close.io Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Steli Efti

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"One of the best remote cultures of any business I've worked with"

I have been working at Close.io full-time

Pros

Remote working is the future and it's great to find a company that embraces it so fully. Schedules are flexible and as long as the work gets done, nobody really minds when you work.

I've met people from all over the world, and twice a year we all get together in the same place. Everyone cares about the product and the business, and are truly some of the best at what they do. The hiring process is rigorous but it has to be to enable the company culture and ensure people can work together well. They would rather accept the "right" person for the company than the "best" person in the field. Everyone is a little bit mad :)

Cons

If you've never worked remotely before it would be a challenge to adapt. It's also difficult to structure your day around certain meetings due to the differences in timezones. I've found myself working later and later.

The benefits offered are great but only if you live in the US. There is no healthcare, dental or 401k otherwise.

"Went from contract to full-time (remote) and love it"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't stress enough how much emphasis is placed on deliverables over "number of hours worked" in a given week. Managers and the CEO work extremely hard with individual contributors to agree on realistic projects, deadlines, deliverables and to empower employees to go out and do what they're hired to do. There's very little oversight from managers on a daily basis, as they fully trust people to go out and execute on the tasks that are mutually agreed upon. Another major plus has been how few meetings the company has in general.. it varies a bit based on team/role, but there's never a useless meeting to talk just for the sake of "talking" about a project, campaign or goal. We have great weekly team meetings over Zoom and then split off into groups of 3 for more personal, fun conversations with each other, and then it's off to the races. The twice yearly, week-long team retreats are also some of the most fun I've ever had with a company work trip.

Cons

Right now I'm six months into my role full-time after being a contractor for the previous year, and there have been pretty much zero cons. Everyone (and everything) has been exactly as represented during the interview process and whenever there's a little thing I'm frustrated about or want to change in my workflow, the minute I express that to my manager, we have a very open dialogue about how to solve it and get to a place where everyone's happy and the ship keeps moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Can I give 6 stars for work-life balance? You've completely destroyed my ability to go back to a non-remote job ever again.

"No B.S."

I have been working at Close.io full-time

Pros

A company full of people who want to be here. Everyone does what needs to be done, not what they can get away with. Good communication, no b.s., supportive teammates, and lots of appetite for getting stuff done. The company retreats are excellent—work focused, social, but realistic about the fact that it's a company and everyone is there for a reason. Because the team is spread across timezones typically, everyone is comfortable with asynchronous communication, and does a good job with written requests and documentation.

Cons

Remote work isn't for everyone. There is a good team culture, but it's a different daily experience than being in an office.

"Amazing team + fantastic remote culture + challenging, fast-paced work = <3"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Close.io full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As one of the newer employees, working at Close.io has been a very unique and positive experience. By unique, I mean that it's not everyday that you find a job that you love, with a team that you look forward to spending time with, at a company that prioritizes continuous truth-seeking, trusting your team, and embracing the ridiculous. By positive, I do not mean that it's not challenging or hard work, but it's the type of hard work that you look forward to waking up in the morning and diving into. The entire team practices what they preach and the culture of the company is very accurately presented during the hiring process.

Cons

If you are new to remote work, I would just encourage you to honestly think about what it would take for you to be successful in a 100% remote work environment. Remote work is a positive in my mind, but it can be challenging as well.

"Remote work culture done right"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong personalities. High-level multidisciplinary skillsets. Implicit trust. Enjoying live. Fundamental aspects of truly working remote culture, which are brought to yet another level right here, right now. Don't miss out.

Cons

In remote work you need to step up your game, have strong discipline and be self-motivated to do your best. But that's hardly a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the incredible level of transparency and trust within the team.

"I can't imagine working anywhere else."

I have been working at Close.io full-time

Pros

Close.io is an amazing place to work. While there are tons of things I could mention, the biggest two reasons I love working for Close.io are the people I work with, and the fact that my opinion matters.

The people I work with push me to better myself on a daily basis, and I couldn't ask for anything more. In addition, it's refreshing to be in a position where my opinions are taking seriously, and actually drive product development.

Cons

The main downside I see is that, when dealing with remote life, it can be difficult to not fall into bad habits. It's important to make sure you get outside and remain active.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent, and hear the voices of your employees no matter how far we grow :). It's what sets us apart.

"Happiest 5 years of my professional life"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over 5 years and I'm still not looking for anything else! The product is very fun to work on and I'm often inspired by the amount of positive feedback we're receiving from our customers. However, the main "pro" for me is definitely the team. The leadership is by far the most competent and thoughtful from all the companies I've worked at. You can be sure that the person responsible for you a) knows your job very well, b) has high standards, c) cares about you. You can also be sure you'll be given a lot of trust and responsibility. This might be less apparent in the first month of so of your employment, but then picks up very quickly.

Expect the product, the team, and your responsibilities to grow at a pace that's just at the edge of your comfort zone, which makes for an ever-challenging and very educational environment.

I'm also very grateful for the fact that I can work from anywhere in the world. It takes discipline, but when done well, significantly expands your freedom.

Lastly, team retreats are a blast!

Cons

Remote work might be a bit tough in the beginning if you're not used to it. I had to grow a lot of discipline around personal habits and communication in the early years. But, as I said above, once that's done, it's great.

"LOVE this team & company <3"

Current Employee - Operations in Summerland, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Summerland, CA (US)

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Where do I start...?! ;)
    1) The freedom to work from anywhere in the world and create my own full-time schedule.
    2) The exceptional talents (and personalities) that drive the company.

This is an organization that encourages the entrepreneurial spirit; a place where professional growth and personal development are truly apparent. They place a lot of trust to begin with so if you need structure, encouragement or praise, that's not something you'll find consistently here. You're expected to take ownership and bring the best version of yourself to the table.

They offer a lot of great benefits for such a small company (health insurance, 401k, equipment, excellent PTO.. etc). Super reasonable and approachable leaders and the longevity on the team is pretty outstanding.

Cons

Remote working has it's downsides but I wouldn't trade that in for an office job anytime soon. It's part of my job to make sure communication and culture stays alive so any complaints about this are my own doing.

Advice to Management

I give them feedback directly.

Publicly: Be more aggressive in promoting the product, it's an amazing tool....

"No place I'd rather be!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close.io is a value-driven product and organization. People here are humble, down to earth, and strive for excellence. No bureaucracy or drama here - it's all about focusing on what truly matters. We live to help salespeople and we believe in the power of inside sales teams to help businesses grow and thrive.

Cons

Not cons -- all I'm saying is that we really expect every individual to step up, and we really trust in everyone to be self-sufficient. You will learn how to rely on yourself, your abilities, and your own convictions, rather than trying to do what everyone else is doing. Don't expect a rigid set of rules for you to "win" the game - you are here to write the rules of the game! You must be confident, while backing up your input with data. Be humble, because teammates *will* question or challenge your viewpoints. Be ready for a startup that recognizes all the areas it needs to work on, but will not work at them all at once because we must ruthlessly prioritize.

On top of that, remote work requires a lot of self-awareness and maturity, as well as the initiative to proactively and independently create the conditions of your success. Management and the team as a whole is very supportive with time and resources for you, but you must step up and ask for it!

Advice to Management

I love your infallible focus in the decisions you make about the people you hire and how you build the product - NEVER lose that.

"HAPPY to go to work in the morning!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Close.io full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close.io is redefining what a workplace can be. First, it's gone totally remote, with employees all over the world, communicating in real time with online tools. Second, there is no politicking, no cliques, no bulls***. Just a group of highly talented, intelligent, diverse, and interesting individuals who excel at direct communication. Thirdly, because of the small team size and the company's flexibility, there's room here to make your job what you want it to be (within reason). I have been able to champion and action projects that I feel strongly about, work the hours that make sense for me (and my customers), and have a voice when it comes to future company decisions. The sense of team here is strong and not just with people I work with every day. The company was built on the co-founders' strong relationship and that same trust is present today with each new team member that joins.

Cons

The team is figuring out the best way to be remote workers - meaning and significance of communication can get lost if we're only communicating via typing. Video chats, in person team retreats, small customer meet up groups, and travel together has really helped here.

Advice to Management

You've built an incredible team on the principles you created together as founders. Continue to strengthen that foundation and trust that we'll follow your example.