Cloudreach Cloud Architect Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
Cloudreach President and COO Brooks Borcherding
Brooks Borcherding
0 Rating

"Impressive place to work. So far, I feel lucky to be here."

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent work-life balance and flexibility. It seems to be only limited by the clients, but that is understandable as CR is a consulting company. Interesting and challenging technologies and projects. Technical skills development support and promotion. Easy access to the know-how gathered by CR consultants. Excellent knowledge base. Great atmosphere, it is a pleasure to be in the office and work with the people there. Leadership and senior management seem to listen to us, and they have taken action more often than I have seen elsewhere. Cloudy lunches are an excellent opportunity to meet and talk to the colleagues; it is great bonding initiative. The office kitchen is stocked better than my own, and any other place I worked at! WOW!

Cons

Company policy requires the use of Google Office Suite, and its limitations impact my productivity and prevent me from utilising the skills I have acquired over 15-years of work with MS Office suite. Frustrating! Not sure about career development opportunities, on the one hand, the company grows, and there should be plenty of opportunities, on the other nothing is clear about the process. In general, the benefits are disappointing and limited. In a way it is accentuated by the fact that CR lists a laptop and phone as benefits; I would argue these are tools! Limited space in the office and single screen workstations. Cloudreach does not enjoy brand and recognition as other consultancies, and this might somehow affect the future career opportunities outside of the organisation.

Advice to Management

I see we are becoming a corporation, and I understand why, but please keep existing culture unaffected as much as it is possible.

Cloudreach2019-05-15

"Turmoil at the top, poor vision, poor employee retention"

Former Employee - Cloud Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, great teammates, friendly to everyone.

Cons

Vision for the future is chaotic. High turnover. Periodic layoffs kill morale.

Advice to Management

Continued churn at the top and low employee retention is killing the culture.

Cloudreach2019-12-05

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - Remote work - Bonuses - Growth Opportunities

Cons

A period of hyper growth led to some layoffs recently. Lots of restructuring from recent acquisitions.

Cloudreach2019-11-20

"Beware, not cloudy as defined or as you think."

Former Employee - Cloud Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Googling for solutions is their tool. They know how to use the search engine well.

Cons

Mere certification does not help. This, they fail to understand. The Cloud Architects and the Lead Cloud Architect I worked with might know only about AWS cloud., but, they lack to have a whole Application knowledge, Application Integration knowledge, Data structures, etc.. and will not be able to help for refactoring Applications. All young folks with certifications and they think they know everything. This is wrong. They lack manners, rude and unformattted behaviour.

Advice to Management

Define "Cloudy" well and implement it or reflect upon it really. Talking one thing and doing one thing is ridiculous. Hire really experienced folks and not just young folks who lack manners and just manage to get some certifications and think they know it all. Very arrogant and poor manners and such consultants are a disgrace to the Software Engineering world.

Cloudreach2019-04-18

"CEO is Mr. Dreamy!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time for more than a year

Pros

I just came back from our all company event in Cancun (on the beach?!?!?) in Mexico!! We have a new CEO and leadership team who gets it and they are working hard to make this company even more amazing. It goes without saying our that our new CEO is a handsome hunk, but he’s also crazy smart and has lived all over the world. But I sat with him at dinner in Cancun and he’s so down to earth and so friendly that he connects with all employees. For those who haven’t met him yet, you need to meet him to understand. I talk about our CEO because I believe you need to understand a company’s leaders to understand the company. And the leadership team is made up of inspirational people who I believe will steer this company in the right direction. Our best days are ahead so you should join now if you want to have a career high point.

Cons

We need to catch up. Many things are missing for a company our size, but it’s a chance to be a part of the solution.

Advice to Management

We are supporting you as employees. Keep it up so I can keep telling all my friends that my company is better than theirs.

Cloudreach2018-11-16

"Cloud Architect"

Former Employee - Enterprise Cloud Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cloudreach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pays for cloud certifications, can work remotely

Cons

Bad attitude. Mere young certified folks who don't understand applications or the whole picture. Politics and hatred among team members. Using foul language and mocking, bad mouthing the clients behind their backs. lack of professional conduct. Be careful. Do not join.

Advice to Management

There is lack of cloudiness. Bad..Mere certification is.not.enough.

Cloudreach2018-09-04