Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach CEO Pontus Noren
Pontus Noren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There will definitely be some growing pains as the company scales and moves from start-up to a much larger company (in 12 reviews)

• There is a lot of change which is inevitable for a fast growing organisation (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of change, but what matters most hasn't changed :) People-centric company with great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team really cares about the people and there is a huge investment of both time and money into the culture and taking care of staff. Despite huge growth targets, the company continues to invest in regular offsites to bring global staff together (almost all expenses paid), welcoming office spaces with plenty of supplies, food, drink etc, and a dedicated Learning and Development team to promote career development culture.

Comments suggesting it is becoming a bodyshop are very misleading as this is very much not the case. We have been told there will be a big focus in the coming 6 months on career development for technical roles, as well as plans for how to win more innovative exciting work. There is always change in a growing company, but the things that really matter are not changing (the focus on treating people well).

Because it's a growing company, there are a huge number of opportunities for personal growth and promotion into new roles. The company has always been and continues to be great at giving people a chance to grow into roles and stretch themselves.

Cons

It is easy to work too hard because there is always more work to do and it's interesting and challenging work - there is still very much a startup mentality in that sense. It's down to the individual to put their own limits in place and make sure they are keeping a good balance - it is a mature environment where people are trusted to set sensible boundaries. Perhaps some of the younger staff members struggle a bit with managing this themselves.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we continue to focus on treating people well and creating a pleasant place to work. We should continue to think about what leadership means at Cloudreach and ensure that all leaders are upholding these expectations.

2. "Company is going places!"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great enterprise client base
    Partnerships with all public cloud vendors - cloud agnostic
    No legacy products or services to hold company back
    Great modern central London offices with snacks, beer & games area!

Cons

Lots of new people, so can be difficult to know who to align with
    Some confusion around product/service definitions (which is known and being addressed)

Advice to Management

Keep it cloudy under Blackstone ownership - keep listening to and acting on employee feedback!

3. "Fast paced, huge growth, pushing boundaries"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

expansive, great place to learn and develop, exposure to constant change, good people, strong company ethos and values, a great chance to see a start up undergo hyper growth transformation

Cons

growing pains are significant and will continue to be for a good while yet

Advice to Management

resource all of your teams adequately to meet the hyper growth demand

"An incredible place to work"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Tl;dr: I love working at Cloudreach.

The people are great. Anyone who’s interviewed here knows it’s hard, and we get it right on the whole.
    That means smart, energetic people who want to make sh*t happen, in all parts of the business. I love that. That energy and drive needed to grow and adapt year and year isn’t seen in most companies. I've met a lot of people here I regard as friends, which is the best indicator perhaps of cultural fit.

Linked to the people, I love the culture. People are friendly, and the company tries hard to foster matrix relationships - with cloudy lunches, quarterly/kick off trips, birthday parties, etc all frequent and way more inclusive than one sees at other organisations. I saw some comments last weeks that most companies have “sales kick offs”. We take the whole company, which I think is critical to our culture.

On the “work” side, I enjoy the fact we have a pretty broad spread of clients across multiple industries, and of all shapes and sizes. I also love that we are success, and continue to be the leaders in most things that we do.

Salary and benefits are pretty good - increasing year on year, although we’re not quite there vs. a multi-billion dollar “GSI” yet - but equally, this is a much more pleasant and dynamic place to work - in my view, pretty much free of the politics and nonsense you see elsewhere.

Cons

Is it hard work, as others have noted? It certainly can be. That’s what happens when you grow a company, but I feel we’re doing it in the “right” way - e.g. if I can’t do something due to time and flag that up, it’s fine.
    No one stays late to impress their boss - but they may work late because they care about achieving something. The working arrangements are pretty flexible I should say, depending on whether you’re with a client or not.
    Having said that, it’s not for everyone. If you want to work somewhere relatively static, and with clear well documented processes, that’s not here right now. Cloud is red hot, and we’re growing fast as we capitalise on this (before someone else does).

Linked to that growth, people do (accidentally) step on each other’s toes a bit in terms of remit currently. That’ll settle down as the roles bed in, but you should bear it in mind if you prefer a really clean and well documented role vs. other people.

I don’t recognise the issues being written previously - makes me wonder sometimes if it’s another company they’re writing about accidentally (or intentionally!), but at 500 people, I guess we can’t all know each other well. What I do know is that I’ve spoken to several of the leadership team, from Pontus down, and all are committed to making/keeping this a great place to work - so please do shout up to one of them, they can probably help with whatever challenges you can see. Claiming that CloudreachCares doesn’t exist (as an example) was one thing I read last week. That’s utter BS - we’ve given thousands in both monetary and time commitments to charity. I agree the suggestion process could be clearer and maybe we need to be more transparent in terms of what’s been given, but just “get involved” rather than posting some bile on the internet. It’s easy to solve, like most things in life, with a conversation.

Advice to Management

- Be more transparent about initiatives that are underway already
    - Focus on executing as many tangible positive changes this financial year
    - Find a way to drive a more feedback driven culture. I feel comfortable with things currently here, but perhaps other's don't?

5. "Great company, great people, great attitude and culture!"

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are very well looked after, and there is a great attitude from everyone throughout the entire org chart from the top down.
    Work/life balance is a real priority that is taken seriously. If you have some initiative and are willing to innovate, you will be supported in your endeavours.

Cons

Working on-site with clients means I tend to miss out on some of the delights and luxuries provided back at the office!

"Disappointed in what we've become"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Off-site quarterly events twice per year
    - Flexibility to work from home
    - Most colleagues are smart and a pleasure to work with
    - Decent benefits for a company its size

Cons

- The work you do nowadays has stopped being about moving fast, trying new technologies and innovating only to become carrying out extremely boring and trivial work for red tape organisations.
    - Hours are long and there tends to be a general workaholic culture, with some people showing clear signs of burnout.
    - Related to the above, even cloudy lunch is becoming a non billable staff perk.
    - Hiring is at full speed, with offices taking up more new starters than they can handle.
    - Due to the above, there is a widespread feeling that we are becoming another one of those body shops everyone in IT knows about.
    - The main drink served is Kool-Aid. Drink it, and you are automatically regarded as a "cloudy" individual.
    - For management, the cloudy values only work one-way: if you have an issue internally, you are told to be "Easy to work with", which is management speak for keep your head down and go back to work.

From my own experience, the recent reviews added here are mostly true.

Advice to Management

At the end of the day, what is this company worth without its people? Should you not start acting on the feedback you're getting?

Cloudreach Response

27 Feb 2018

Thanks for taking the time to feedback, much appreciated.

Positive to hear you're enjoying the quarterlies (hope you make it to Berlin!) and that we're still hiring the right type of people... More

"A different kind of 'Cloudy'."

Current Employee - - in London, England
    Current Employee - - in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

It used to be a good place to work!

Cons

The hours are long.
    Recent changes in the company mean the atmosphere is poor these days - Many people are unhappy.
    Internal emails that communicate company changes are awful and demonstrate a lack of awareness / connection to those on the ground.
    The other negative reviews below are also very accurate.

Advice to Management

Keep it Cloudy!

"Goodbye Cloudy Culture"

Pros

I get a salary that pays my bills

Cons

The company has turned from a people first employer to just hiring and hiring and putting bums on seats. Far too many politics going on within and makes for a hostile environment. Very sad to see the cloudy days are but a distant memory.

Advice to Management

Get back to putting people first and respecting the individual. It’s the people who have built up cloudreach.

"Not all that glitters is gold"

Former Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Engineer in London, England

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+Some good benefits
    +Unlimited holidays
    +Good performance review process

Cons

- It's all about how well you play the game these days.
    - Too much politics
    - A few strange hires have been made recently, not very "cloudy", it seems the recruitment get all the attention and shine to help them make the numbers.
    - Cloudreach Care initiative is fake, was a good idea but now it is all just about social media and "looking" good from the outside.
    - Hours are super long and if you are not seen to respond to an email at lighting speed then you are not contributing, even just adding a +1 gets you noticed by the right people.
    - We get promised interesting project work but that only goes to those who play the game.
    - Cloudy values go one-way only for the management team.
    - Those who play the game are rewarded and genuine good people are leaving or want to leave (and the culture is going with them).

Advice to Management

Go back a few years and look at the company it was then vs what you have now. Not all that glitters is made of gold.

Cloudreach Response

15 Mar 2018 – Head of Cloudreach Europe

*One* of out of five, that's a harsh review, ;-)
    Sounds like you don't work for us anymore, so it's tough to try and address these points without some more specifics unfortunately.

My general... More

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

The people and culture are the heart of this business, and that is felt via an amazing office atmosphere on a daily basis. Extras: The Office is great, Benefits are amazing, as well as an awesome work-life balance!

Cons

None really at this point!