Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach CEO Pontus Noren
Pontus Noren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There will definitely be some growing pains as the company scales and moves from start-up to a much larger company" (in 13 reviews)

• "There is a lot of change which is inevitable for a fast growing organisation" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of change, but what matters most hasn't changed :) People-centric company with great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team really cares about the people and there is a huge investment of both time and money into the culture and taking care of staff. Despite huge growth targets, the company continues to invest in regular offsites to bring global staff together (almost all expenses paid), welcoming office spaces with plenty of supplies, food, drink etc, and a dedicated Learning and Development team to promote career development culture.

Comments suggesting it is becoming a bodyshop are very misleading as this is very much not the case. We have been told there will be a big focus in the coming 6 months on career development for technical roles, as well as plans for how to win more innovative exciting work. There is always change in a growing company, but the things that really matter are not changing (the focus on treating people well).

Because it's a growing company, there are a huge number of opportunities for personal growth and promotion into new roles. The company has always been and continues to be great at giving people a chance to grow into roles and stretch themselves.

Cons

It is easy to work too hard because there is always more work to do and it's interesting and challenging work - there is still very much a startup mentality in that sense. It's down to the individual to put their own limits in place and make sure they are keeping a good balance - it is a mature environment where people are trusted to set sensible boundaries. Perhaps some of the younger staff members struggle a bit with managing this themselves.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we continue to focus on treating people well and creating a pleasant place to work. We should continue to think about what leadership means at Cloudreach and ensure that all leaders are upholding these expectations.

"Challenging but rewarding"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Cloudreach for a few years now - and I still love working here!
    I joined Cloudreach originally because the values of the company resonated with me, they still do.

Cloudreach is fast-paced, lots of change, lots of growth and lots of opportunities! Despite the high revenue targets Cloudreach still invests in people. The office spaces foster collaborative working and I enjoy being able to speak to people from all different teams. The leadership team are very accessible with monthly update 'buzz' meetings and Leadership Open Houses where you can ask anything you want.

Due to the fast-paced nature of the company work can be challenging, you won't ever speak to anyone who is having a quiet day! But despite everyone always working hard, I love that Cloudreach still gives all employees time to invest in their own development, there is a dedicated team for L&D and lots of internal and external training opportunities.

Cons

I agree with some of the other reviews - it is always busy so you have to be able to prioritise your own time and balance your own workload.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people

"9 months in"

Current Employee - Global Payroll Lead in London, England
    Current Employee - Global Payroll Lead in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great culture which is endorsed by everyone
    Really good communication from management and very inclusive
    Can't deny I love the snacks and the lunches

Cons

Hypergrowth has it's own set of issues but we're all working on these

Advice to Management

Get on top of the hypergrowth! We need to be scalable

4. "An opportunity not to be missed"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Personal Development time & resources!
    - The office space!
    - The people!
    - The usual 'benefits'
    - Feedback is taken onboard & acted upon :)
    Someone from each BU gets the opportunity to play their part in the interview process, keeping the culture 'cloudy'

Cons

There's so many of us we have to split up for Cloudy lunch now & take up 3/4 restaurants :(

Advice to Management

Keep keeping it Cloudy! :)

"Inclusive, Progressive, Innovative, Technology-driven company, filled with lovely people"

Current Employee - Head of Site Reliability Engineering in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Head of Site Reliability Engineering in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inclusive, supportive atmosphere where senior management truly care about individuals. We've got an API (Alliance for Partnerships and Inclusion) council who meet regularly to keep up momentum on diversity and inclusivity issues.
    Significant focus on personal growth and development (dedicated full time staff working on material and programs for this!), allowing staff to truly shine and progress in their careers.
    Latest technology and tools used across the board, with new tools introduced and old ones retired regularly allowing us to move with the times - e.g. replacing Hipchat with Slack, or consolidating Greenhouse/PeopleHR +others into Workday.
    Lovely people.
    Free snacks / drinks / beer.
    Games room, with Nerf guns all over the office and regular board games nights.

Cons

Growing pains - we're growing so rapidly it's sometimes hard to keep everything working together and maintain communication across the whole company, leading to some frustrating moments where people in different areas of the business have duplicated efforts.

"Once a nice Company now floating in a Dark BUBBLE"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great learning and travel opportunities.
    - Good working equipment
    - Good life work balance.
    - Healthy and inspiring work environment filled with nice furniture, sleek design and well stocked fridge with healthy snacks.
    - Pushes for individual growth through certifications and time allocation for learning.
    - Awesome name on your CV
    - Fun Kick-offs and Quarterly

Cons

- A lot of unqualified and misfit personnel in executive management, senior management and strategic positions.
    - Two faced Senior management doesn't believe in an equitable financial rewards scheme for staff but for the selected few.
    - A facade with a chaotic benefits scheme and an inciting experience package to distract employees.
    - Loads of unfulfilled recruitment promises
    - Worst Pensions Benefit
    - Absence of Life Insurance
    - No access to most benefits until you pass probation
    - Home of dirty and childish politics
    - Senior management are in the habit of handpicking and witch-hunting leavers
    - Inequitable pay, spot bonus, awards and stock options policy (if you are in the favour of the high and mighty you get a cut)
    - No all-encompassing bonus scheme nor pay-rise policy in place in a very competitive market in London
    - Lack of Top notch technical talents in Software Engineering and Software Engineering Management
    - Loads of incompetent people as SME's and practice leads here and there.
    - A consulting company pretending to be a cloud software leader but has only two bogus software products and some average accusations.
    The investment and believe in software engineering/R&D is insignificant and their vision of been a software company is totally based on wishful thinking.
    - Cloudreach has a non-functional software team that runs like a consultancy/support centre and there is no clear strategy on the future of the company.
    - Nothing in Cloudreach is based on design but by accident.
    - Cloudreach's management tend to be very disrespectful, shameless and inglorious at least at the level of the UK offices. They will employ any ignoble and immature tactic to push you out of the door once it is clear your time is up. This is the only company that a number of celebrated foundation members of staff were shown the door unceremoniously without remorse.
    For most of the people that think they were once untouchable, they did face the same fate as well.

- Cloudreach is filled with a lot of angry old employees who grumble at different levels of injustice and the death of the once Cloudy Culture that made Cloudreach Tick.

- The unlimited holiday scheme favours more the back office staff who are not directly critical to Cloudreach's billing as opposed to the Engineering consultants at the battlefront on customer sites.

- Another con working for Cloudreach is how slow change is enacted. Any policy change that favours the employees or intelligent enough to boost the company’s industrial prowess takes forever to come into fruition (See Software and Benefits above).

- Endemic corruption due to poor organisation processes or a wilful circumvention of the process in place by people in management who are used to sweeping decisions/transactions under the carpet.

- Misogynist environment where the ideas and decisions of women are rubbished or not taken seriously. An environment where some few men in management think they can't be brought to books or their decisions can't be questioned by a woman.

Advice to Management

- Be agile when it comes to change and taking risks
    - Accept the consequences of risks taken in good faith
    - Have a better reason to retain people
    - Operate an equitable Employee and benefit policy across board in the organisation
    - Design and execute plans rather than becoming faint hearted when it comes to execution.
    - Employ competent hands to drive your Big Data , Software Engineering and R &D and leadership teams
    - Be more graceful in your treatment of people be it current staff, those that have resigned or those that are about to be relieved.
    - Operate a more open, transparent performance measurement metric system.
    - Reward people handsomely for their efforts irrespective of the team they work.
    - Promote cross team collaboration and communication.
    - Don't try to be cool or nice, Be genuinely Nice!!
    - Act fast and honestly on feedback instead of fighting it, jumping into defence or trying to witch-hunt the source.
    - Stay connected to your staff and don't be out of touch with the reality on ground.
    - Management should be on ground to promote its own values and stop boycotting events they sell as an experience to employees.
    - Lead by EXAMPLE
    - Effect a massive overall of the leadership team.

"Company is going places!"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great enterprise client base
    Partnerships with all public cloud vendors - cloud agnostic
    No legacy products or services to hold company back
    Great modern central London offices with snacks, beer & games area!

Cons

Lots of new people, so can be difficult to know who to align with
    Some confusion around product/service definitions (which is known and being addressed)

Advice to Management

Keep it cloudy under Blackstone ownership - keep listening to and acting on employee feedback!

"Politics"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ Cloudy Lunch is nice if they can keep it going

Cons

- The politics these days are crazy
    - A few key hirings leaving because of that, and then "published" as they were not really important anyway.
    - Some really strange promotions made recently into Global roles to people with zero experience running global teams.
    - It's all about the image and less about the people.
    - If you beer and football with the right folk then you might get somewhere.

Advice to Management

Stop polishing your ego guys.

Cloudreach Response

26 Jun 2018 – Employer and Brand Engagement Lead

I'm sorry your experience isn't the best as we strive to provide an enjoyable and stimulating environment for everyone. We are very open to feedback as a company and have several mechanisms for it... More

"Fast paced, huge growth, pushing boundaries"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

expansive, great place to learn and develop, exposure to constant change, good people, strong company ethos and values, a great chance to see a start up undergo hyper growth transformation

Cons

growing pains are significant and will continue to be for a good while yet

Advice to Management

resource all of your teams adequately to meet the hyper growth demand

"An incredible place to work"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Tl;dr: I love working at Cloudreach.

The people are great. Anyone who’s interviewed here knows it’s hard, and we get it right on the whole.
    That means smart, energetic people who want to make sh*t happen, in all parts of the business. I love that. That energy and drive needed to grow and adapt year and year isn’t seen in most companies. I've met a lot of people here I regard as friends, which is the best indicator perhaps of cultural fit.

Linked to the people, I love the culture. People are friendly, and the company tries hard to foster matrix relationships - with cloudy lunches, quarterly/kick off trips, birthday parties, etc all frequent and way more inclusive than one sees at other organisations. I saw some comments last weeks that most companies have “sales kick offs”. We take the whole company, which I think is critical to our culture.

On the “work” side, I enjoy the fact we have a pretty broad spread of clients across multiple industries, and of all shapes and sizes. I also love that we are success, and continue to be the leaders in most things that we do.

Salary and benefits are pretty good - increasing year on year, although we’re not quite there vs. a multi-billion dollar “GSI” yet - but equally, this is a much more pleasant and dynamic place to work - in my view, pretty much free of the politics and nonsense you see elsewhere.

Cons

Is it hard work, as others have noted? It certainly can be. That’s what happens when you grow a company, but I feel we’re doing it in the “right” way - e.g. if I can’t do something due to time and flag that up, it’s fine.
    No one stays late to impress their boss - but they may work late because they care about achieving something. The working arrangements are pretty flexible I should say, depending on whether you’re with a client or not.
    Having said that, it’s not for everyone. If you want to work somewhere relatively static, and with clear well documented processes, that’s not here right now. Cloud is red hot, and we’re growing fast as we capitalise on this (before someone else does).

Linked to that growth, people do (accidentally) step on each other’s toes a bit in terms of remit currently. That’ll settle down as the roles bed in, but you should bear it in mind if you prefer a really clean and well documented role vs. other people.

I don’t recognise the issues being written previously - makes me wonder sometimes if it’s another company they’re writing about accidentally (or intentionally!), but at 500 people, I guess we can’t all know each other well. What I do know is that I’ve spoken to several of the leadership team, from Pontus down, and all are committed to making/keeping this a great place to work - so please do shout up to one of them, they can probably help with whatever challenges you can see. Claiming that CloudreachCares doesn’t exist (as an example) was one thing I read last week. That’s utter BS - we’ve given thousands in both monetary and time commitments to charity. I agree the suggestion process could be clearer and maybe we need to be more transparent in terms of what’s been given, but just “get involved” rather than posting some bile on the internet. It’s easy to solve, like most things in life, with a conversation.

Advice to Management

- Be more transparent about initiatives that are underway already
    - Focus on executing as many tangible positive changes this financial year
    - Find a way to drive a more feedback driven culture. I feel comfortable with things currently here, but perhaps other's don't?