Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach CEO Pontus Noren
Pontus Noren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Because the company is growing (but is still small) its benefits packages are lacking compared to what is in the industry today (in 13 reviews)

• Natural growing pains of a quickly growing company (around processes) (in 11 reviews)

"Best company ever!"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Culture & people
    Uncapped holiday policy
    Free food in the office
    Learning opportunities

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

There are a lot of smart people working at Cloudreach. Make sure they don't get bored. Present them with other career opportunities within the business, pay rise etc.

"First time caller, long time Cloudreacher"

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+A number of hugely talented colleagues
    +Strong bang for your buck on benefits for a company at this scale
    + Slick hiring process
    + Working at entry/ mid- level, you probably won't be exposed to many of the issues the business has.

Cons

- Top 5% or 'A' players have just been allowed to walk out the door without much of an attempt to retain them.
    - Serious hype for often seriously dull and non-impactful work across technology teams. Long periods offsite and tedious client work even if your manager says otherwise and you explicitly ask to avoid.
    - Hiring standards have been heavily watered down recently. Coupled with great leavers, this is ominous.
    - Banal and painfully try-hard comms internally.
    - Some leadership/advisory roles are filled by people with 0 gravitas or propensity to be stand out performers. Really weird choices for internal promos/moves.
    - There's now a politics/influence so poorly veiled it's almost a masterclass of how not to go through acquisition.

Advice to Management

Keep it cloudy.

"facade"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Opportunity to learn lots of different technologies, and to travel.

-Fun company do's and getaways

Cons

-Middle management have 0 knowledge of the technologies we're delivering and cannot make decisions which ultimately means junior staff must take the responsibility.

-Far too many managers and not enough people to do the work

-No cohesion across business units: Sales, CloudOps, Dev Team, etc.

-Management disingenuous about the companies motives and "Cloudy values". The values only exist when management want them to and primarily are used as a recruitment tool.

-HR is laughable. Hope you never need to contact HR at Cloudreach.

Advice to Management

Start being honest with your staff about the company's direction. Also try asking for feedback from your staff about their line managers. You'll discover some managers which are not good at their job. You already have staff reviewing their colleagues on a yearly basis, ask them to also review their managers.

5. "Cloudy Culture"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, awesome benefits and huge growth

Cons

I challenge you to find any cons at Cloudreach

"Raw tech and business success combined"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Friendly, smart, open and caring people. Keeps going from strength to strength and it is amazing to be part of a winning team!

Cons

There is a lot of change which is inevitable for a fast growing organisation. You have to be prepared enjoy that aspect.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Finally !! i found it :)"

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer in London, England

Pros

Smartest people I have ever worked with, the easiest team to work within I have ever encountered. Individuality is celebrated here and everyone discovers their true place at the table bringing their individual approaches, skills and ideas to the team. Personal growth plans have extraordinary scope and is encouraged with the backing and resources to make sure you succeed. I feel extremely lucky to have been given the privilege to join such a great team. This company deserves it's reputation.

Cons

cons? hmm... have not found any serious ones yet. oh... except maybe the crunch crisp cereal has always gone by Tuesday morning - they need to buy more crunch crisp and less chocolate and cheese !! ;)

Advice to Management

keep it going exactly as is - never let anyone influence the company away from the cloudy values.

"Big changes are coming ( now for real)"

Former Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer Leader in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer Leader in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cloudreach got recently acquired by Blackstone, which means big changes are coming. Some of them are structural, but most importantly its a good investment into Cloudreach to speed up the business.
    I'm sure it's not solving all the issues which were mentioned in other reviews(, especially not instantly), however it should have a huge, hopefully positive impact on the company. Because of this, I would say the pre-2017 'Cons' may not be that relevant anymore.

-The company culture, the approval of the founder and management and some of the perks are definitely making Cloudreach a unique and amazing place to work.
    -Cloud computing is still a booming market where Cloudreach earned a really respectful position in just a few years,
    -It's a great career opportunity for engineers
    -Uncapped holidays are real! :D
    -Inspiring offices and culture
    -Amazing coworkers

Cons

-Some internal communication issues -> the management is aware of this and they are trying to fix it
    -Lack of bonuses in the past (May change from 2017)
    -High employee fluctuation
    -Moderate salaries (in a booming market.)

Advice to Management

Don't give up the Cloudreach Culture and try to keep your talents, because they are amazing!

"[Not a robot] - My time in Cloudreach was Invaluable"

Former Employee - Operations in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Operations in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of what you hear are the good parts of Cloudreah are 100% true. Also, for context I worked within Cloud Operations for almost 3 years. I have learned, traveled and experienced so much over my time in employment and I certainly would not hesitate it as a new place to work for anyone looking to shift into Cloud technologies.

There are parts for improvement, which I will mention in a moment, however, ultimately: the people are great to work with, the customers are great to work with, the workload is varied and changing regularly (you will be hard placed to find one day that is the same as the next - depending on your role) and the offices are well looked after and open plan (with plenty of free things if you are looking for that, coffee + misc drinks, snacks, continental breakfast assortments etc).

If your are looking to confirm whether what the recruitment team tells you about is true or not, it is definitely is, and then some.

However, in addition, the values you are indoctrinated with do certainly ring true also, they are definitely not brought up at. every. freaking. opportunity for no good reason. You can feel things like approachability and respect from almost everyone you meet (irrespective of the region you work in!) - that said, Edinburgh is the best office to be in (no subjectivism what so ever...)

Cons

I would bare in mind at this point that the highs out weigh the lows, and there are a few lows. However, I would say also that even when I was leaving, the lows that I had to report back appear to all have a plan in place for improving them already (the company is able to adapt quickly to problems it or others identify and report).

So, with that in mind:

- Certain teams need to expand, in terms of business justification, I am sure said teams would be able to present a fair amount of justification per function for such an increase.

- The HR team are much better than when I started almost 3 years ago, and based on my exit interview it does seem as though things will be quickly improving from new roles, initiatives that have been implemented etc. However, until such changes are implemented, I would say the previous HR points raised within other reviews 'did ring true' through my earlier life in Cloudreach.

- Business strategy and initiatives can change fast and often, this can be seen in a good or bad light as clearly, with Cloudreach's success, this agile approach to strategy is working. However, it can be a bit disconcerting from quarter to quarter.

All of that said, I would still also highlight that, although I cannot comment on the future. As Cloudreach have now been acquired by Blackstone. There is certainly an opportunity to iron out any of my points or the points raised in previous reviews quickly and with much greater momentum.

Advice to Management

Stay the corse you are on as it is working! However, in doing so, although ticking off multiple small quick wins is great for business updates, I would say more of a focus on the bigger wins would go a massive way across multiple teams or function.

10. "cloudreach is cool !!!!"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best company I've worked for !
    Everyone is always availabe to help, learning is made easy.

Cons

nothing to report, really.

Advice to Management

keep it the way it is !

"Cloudreach"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Every Friday cloudy lunches in a restaurant close by the office.
    Uncapped holidays are true (although not sure how long this will continue to be for).

Cons

When they advertise new MacBooks, do not expect brand new ones fresh from a box. MacBooks tend to be used ones and may be second or third hand.
    Salary is relatively low compared to other companies in Edinburgh.
    With all the bonuses they promise to give out, you would be surprised to hear if people actually receive one throughout the year.
    Extremely similar to call centre work (service desk), be prepared as job description does not reveal a lot.

Advice to Management

Enforce actions which are promised.