Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach CEO Aaron M. Painter
Aaron M. Painter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There will definitely be some growing pains as the company scales and moves from start-up to a much larger company" (in 14 reviews)

• "Natural growing pains of a quickly growing company (around processes)" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of change, but what matters most hasn't changed :) People-centric company with great career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership team really cares about the people and there is a huge investment of both time and money into the culture and taking care of staff. Despite huge growth targets, the company continues to invest in regular offsites to bring global staff together (almost all expenses paid), welcoming office spaces with plenty of supplies, food, drink etc, and a dedicated Learning and Development team to promote career development culture.

Comments suggesting it is becoming a bodyshop are very misleading as this is very much not the case. We have been told there will be a big focus in the coming 6 months on career development for technical roles, as well as plans for how to win more innovative exciting work. There is always change in a growing company, but the things that really matter are not changing (the focus on treating people well).

Because it's a growing company, there are a huge number of opportunities for personal growth and promotion into new roles. The company has always been and continues to be great at giving people a chance to grow into roles and stretch themselves.

Cons

It is easy to work too hard because there is always more work to do and it's interesting and challenging work - there is still very much a startup mentality in that sense. It's down to the individual to put their own limits in place and make sure they are keeping a good balance - it is a mature environment where people are trusted to set sensible boundaries. Perhaps some of the younger staff members struggle a bit with managing this themselves.

Advice to Management

Make sure that we continue to focus on treating people well and creating a pleasant place to work. We should continue to think about what leadership means at Cloudreach and ensure that all leaders are upholding these expectations.

"The best place to work, period."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined Cloudreach due to the amazing culture, and it has far exceeded my expectations. The people here are so great to work with, super SUPER smart, and know how to have fun in the office (whilst delivering world class services to our customers).

I can honestly say I have not had this much fun at work in eons, and I love the challenges we take on every day.

The opportunity is there to work with the coolest technology, with some of the brightest minds in the industry, with some of the best customers.

The growth is staggering, so be ready to stay busy (and challenged!)

Cons

The is a small company that is growing up very quickly. Some supporting systems and tools are still not quite there yet, but there is more focus than ever on getting these projects sorted out.

Advice to Management

Stay on course. The focus on being the market leader in the cloud native space is the right place to be. Keep hiring awesome people, the party is just getting started (but gets better every day)

"So much hot air and fake press"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company holidays are good but to be honest most companies have this these days, also free food, bean bags and candy.

Cons

Not sure what’s up with all this social media pushing. It’s as if we are trying to create this fake image of what it’s like to work here. It’s a job like any other and turning into a corporate beast. So we are good at SEO, making Instagram posts and pushing brand.
    The leadership team is a joke, amateurs learning on the job and if your face fits you’ll get promoted. #CMOisajoke
    Some of the promotions made recently are very confusing, people in global roles not even sure how to find some countries on a map?

Advice to Management

For your next instagram post send us the ingredients to whatever it is your smoking.

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Csd in London, England
    Current Employee - Csd in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cloudreach is a great place to work. I have been working in the London office for just over a year now.

A few highlights are:
    - nice open friendly office space with plenty of space to either work quietly on your own or sociable areas for chatting with others
    - cloudy lunches, great for speaking to people you wouldn't usually see in the office (if you are at a customer site during the week)
    - time allocated for personal development and encouraged to study for certifications
    - everyone who works here is friendly and willing to help

Cons

-busy - but you expect to be, I'd rather have too much than too little to do

Advice to Management

-keep up the 'cloudy' benefits like lunches and quarterlies

"Not as advertised, beware the culture"

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Local, clean, free snacks, gym membership

Cons

It's like a weird cult

"Exciting and growing with strong people and innovative values"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Encourages individual thinking and collaborative working
    Exciting and hyper growing organisation in a vibrant hungry market
    Understands the right motivations and perks for employees to get the best from them
    Diversity and Inclusion is a reality not just a statement
    Really fun place to work especially for young professionals

Cons

Expected challenges with scaling up a start up company, with expected growing pains
    Desire to call things differently to other companies sometimes can create confusion
    Perks and benefits can lead to unexpected behaviours of right over privilege

Advice to Management

Focus on implementing quickly end to end business processes to support customer centric vision and business goals. More detail on value add KPI's and metrics

7. "Fast Paced and Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cloudreach has been everything I thought it would be - everything moves fast, changes fast and I think this is fantastic. The following things keep me at Cloudreach:

- Values that people live by, not just sayings on a wall
    - Quarterly events where you get to chat to people from all over the company, all over the world
    - Cloudy Lunches where you dont just get free food but a chance to relax and speak to people you might not work alongside
    - an emphasis on Personal Development, yes we're busy so this isn't guaranteed every week but effort is made to make sure I am thinking about me and my development
    - working with smart people who want to collaborate

Cons

can be hard to get to grips with the Cloudy lingo - not always sure what people's roles are.

Advice to Management

keep it cloudy

"9 months in"

Current Employee - Global Payroll Lead in London, England
    Current Employee - Global Payroll Lead in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great culture which is endorsed by everyone
    Really good communication from management and very inclusive
    Can't deny I love the snacks and the lunches

Cons

Hypergrowth has it's own set of issues but we're all working on these

Advice to Management

Get on top of the hypergrowth! We need to be scalable

"Works"

Former Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England
    Former Employee - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food
    Quarterlies
    Relaxed dress code
    Work life balance is OK

Cons

Respect the individual is not real
    Pay is under market rate
    No clear career opportunities
    Compensations and benefits are not good at all
    Management is not good

"Goodbye Cloudy culture. Hello Cloudy Politics."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Same as always, free food and holidays to good locations (but with tight expense policies, unless you are one of the special people).

Cons

It’s all about making the CEO look good. Leadership team still pretty much all men, regardless off all the woman in tech press they push into the world. It’s all fake. Big shiny posters and token woman in trivial roles that are not really key to “running” the business. Throwing even more recruiters at the problem and hiring to hit the numbers is not exactly an award winning strategy. 121s are a joke, I’ve not had one in months. My manager is too busy and really does not care about my role. It’s all about finance. What have we become? When did it all go so wrong?

Advice to Management

No point adding advice, management does not “do” advice.