Cloudreach Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cloudreach CEO Pontus Noren
Pontus Noren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Because the company is growing (but is still small) its benefits packages are lacking compared to what is in the industry today (in 12 reviews)

• Natural growing pains of a quickly growing company (around processes) (in 10 reviews)

1. "Cloudy Culture"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, awesome benefits and huge growth

Cons

I challenge you to find any cons at Cloudreach

"Raw tech and business success combined"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Friendly, smart, open and caring people. Keeps going from strength to strength and it is amazing to be part of a winning team!

Cons

There is a lot of change which is inevitable for a fast growing organisation. You have to be prepared enjoy that aspect.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Finally !! i found it :)"

Current Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer in London, England

Pros

Smartest people I have ever worked with, the easiest team to work within I have ever encountered. Individuality is celebrated here and everyone discovers their true place at the table bringing their individual approaches, skills and ideas to the team. Personal growth plans have extraordinary scope and is encouraged with the backing and resources to make sure you succeed. I feel extremely lucky to have been given the privilege to join such a great team. This company deserves it's reputation.

Cons

cons? hmm... have not found any serious ones yet. oh... except maybe the crunch crisp cereal has always gone by Tuesday morning - they need to buy more crunch crisp and less chocolate and cheese !! ;)

Advice to Management

keep it going exactly as is - never let anyone influence the company away from the cloudy values.

"Big changes are coming ( now for real)"

Former Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer Leader in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Cloud Systems Engineer Leader in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cloudreach got recently acquired by Blackstone, which means big changes are coming. Some of them are structural, but most importantly its a good investment into Cloudreach to speed up the business.
    I'm sure it's not solving all the issues which were mentioned in other reviews(, especially not instantly), however it should have a huge, hopefully positive impact on the company. Because of this, I would say the pre-2017 'Cons' may not be that relevant anymore.

-The company culture, the approval of the founder and management and some of the perks are definitely making Cloudreach a unique and amazing place to work.
    -Cloud computing is still a booming market where Cloudreach earned a really respectful position in just a few years,
    -It's a great career opportunity for engineers
    -Uncapped holidays are real! :D
    -Inspiring offices and culture
    -Amazing coworkers

Cons

-Some internal communication issues -> the management is aware of this and they are trying to fix it
    -Lack of bonuses in the past (May change from 2017)
    -High employee fluctuation
    -Moderate salaries (in a booming market.)

Advice to Management

Don't give up the Cloudreach Culture and try to keep your talents, because they are amazing!

"[Not a robot] - My time in Cloudreach was Invaluable"

Former Employee - Operations in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Former Employee - Operations in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Cloudreach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of what you hear are the good parts of Cloudreah are 100% true. Also, for context I worked within Cloud Operations for almost 3 years. I have learned, traveled and experienced so much over my time in employment and I certainly would not hesitate it as a new place to work for anyone looking to shift into Cloud technologies.

There are parts for improvement, which I will mention in a moment, however, ultimately: the people are great to work with, the customers are great to work with, the workload is varied and changing regularly (you will be hard placed to find one day that is the same as the next - depending on your role) and the offices are well looked after and open plan (with plenty of free things if you are looking for that, coffee + misc drinks, snacks, continental breakfast assortments etc).

If your are looking to confirm whether what the recruitment team tells you about is true or not, it is definitely is, and then some.

However, in addition, the values you are indoctrinated with do certainly ring true also, they are definitely not brought up at. every. freaking. opportunity for no good reason. You can feel things like approachability and respect from almost everyone you meet (irrespective of the region you work in!) - that said, Edinburgh is the best office to be in (no subjectivism what so ever...)

Cons

I would bare in mind at this point that the highs out weigh the lows, and there are a few lows. However, I would say also that even when I was leaving, the lows that I had to report back appear to all have a plan in place for improving them already (the company is able to adapt quickly to problems it or others identify and report).

So, with that in mind:

- Certain teams need to expand, in terms of business justification, I am sure said teams would be able to present a fair amount of justification per function for such an increase.

- The HR team are much better than when I started almost 3 years ago, and based on my exit interview it does seem as though things will be quickly improving from new roles, initiatives that have been implemented etc. However, until such changes are implemented, I would say the previous HR points raised within other reviews 'did ring true' through my earlier life in Cloudreach.

- Business strategy and initiatives can change fast and often, this can be seen in a good or bad light as clearly, with Cloudreach's success, this agile approach to strategy is working. However, it can be a bit disconcerting from quarter to quarter.

All of that said, I would still also highlight that, although I cannot comment on the future. As Cloudreach have now been acquired by Blackstone. There is certainly an opportunity to iron out any of my points or the points raised in previous reviews quickly and with much greater momentum.

Advice to Management

Stay the corse you are on as it is working! However, in doing so, although ticking off multiple small quick wins is great for business updates, I would say more of a focus on the bigger wins would go a massive way across multiple teams or function.

7. "cloudreach is cool !!!!"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best company I've worked for !
    Everyone is always availabe to help, learning is made easy.

Cons

nothing to report, really.

Advice to Management

keep it the way it is !

"Cloudreach"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

Every Friday cloudy lunches in a restaurant close by the office.
    Uncapped holidays are true (although not sure how long this will continue to be for).

Cons

When they advertise new MacBooks, do not expect brand new ones fresh from a box. MacBooks tend to be used ones and may be second or third hand.
    Salary is relatively low compared to other companies in Edinburgh.
    With all the bonuses they promise to give out, you would be surprised to hear if people actually receive one throughout the year.
    Extremely similar to call centre work (service desk), be prepared as job description does not reveal a lot.

Advice to Management

Enforce actions which are promised.

9. "Losing its cloudiness"

I have been working at Cloudreach full-time

Pros

The people are awesome and the development opportunities are great as you work on some big project very quickly.

Cons

The politics and the typically enterprise feeling. The benefits of the company are great, but they don't apply most the time if your working on-site.

Advice to Management

Make the internal systems less enterprise-sy. Its feels impersonal, ridged and uncloudy. Improve your communication with staff, be willing to take constructive criticism and acknowledge wrong doings.

10. "Everything I had hoped it would be, and more!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Cloudreach (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest positives for me is coming into work every day to an atmosphere where everyone loves what they do, loves where they work and has a smile on their face. That is undoubtedly due to the "Cloudy Culture" that has been created and the hiring of "cloudy" people who live by the Cloudreach values. The office is full of so many nationalities and personalities and we all gel together and work together extremely well. There is a huge sense of drive, ambition, learning and development. Customers are large, enterprise customers, the projects are interesting, exciting and challenging and there is a constant buzz of innovation and ideas spinning around over a coffee on the sofa or a beanbag couch! There are lots of great benefits and there is a fantastic work/life balance. You are given the freedom to create the role and career you want while also being supported.

Cons

For me, there are no cons about working at Cloudreach. In terms of cons, from what I have seen, any problems, queries or issues that ever arise that are brought up by staff to management are addressed and ironed out.

Advice to Management

The best benefit that was ever brought in was unlimited holiday and it means so much to your employees! Continue to maintain the fantastic culture that you have created for us.

11. "Great fast growing company to work for!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Great company to work for if you are not afraid to get your hands dirty. The company is growing rapidly and things are ever changing with it's ups and downs. But overall, it is a great place to work. The people are what make this company so great. Their values "Being easy to Work with", "Respect the individual and the individuality", "Being One Step ahead" and "Promoting Personal Growth", are lived by managers and staff on a daily basis which create their core strength.

Cons

More clarity on career progression and opportunities is a key element Cloudreach needs to work on. I know it is being looked at, so it won't be long before this is implemented!

Advice to Management

Better communication and transparency overall