Cloudreach Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 14, 2021

Found 35 of over 372 reviews

3.6
Cloudreach President and COO Brooks Borcherding
Brooks Borcherding
Pros
  • "They head to the top company's which reflects how much they learned while at Cloudreach(in 74 reviews)

• "a good place to work, work-life balance is great(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains that come with every org growing at this rate, but leadership is working hard to implement processes that help the org scale(in 20 reviews)

• "Career progression and structured feedback is often lacking(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

60 Comments

Tech

234.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Cloudreach~439504
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Moving in the right direction again

Apr 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, work/life balance New management are transparent and communicating with employees well Well compensated at a base level

Cons

Career progression and structured feedback is often lacking

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok company to work for depending on what's most important to you in a job

Nov 27, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll work with great people (referring mostly to individual contributors) You'll have flexibility for work/life balance Generally well-known across the major CSPs

Cons

You'll have to be just about entirely self-sufficient to be successful You will receive little-to-no recognition for doing work outside your standard responsibilities or going above and beyond Lots of disconnect between different business units, leadership and middle management

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Iceberg, right ahead

Aug 17, 2020 - Core Ops Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work/life balance (uncapped holidays) - you get away with doing the bare minimum if you can hide it well - free swag - could provide a boost to confidence if you fall for the fake shoulder-patting

Cons

- Virtue signalling community - Continuously in breach of customer contracts and no vision to improve this - Bleeding engineers and customers - New ideas get dismissed, then months or years later are implemented after all after a major issue but you won't get any of the credit for your original suggestion. - No career progression based on technical skill, it all comes down to how friendly you get with seniors The alerting platform is unreliable, overly noisy with false positives, which has led to general "alert fatigue" with many engineers blatantly ignoring alerts coming through, not even communicating to the customers the alert came through. The same mistakes keep getting made over and over again and the platform falls over occasionally, sometimes due to a cause that was repeatedly warned about before. Engineers just "do something" which might cause a flood of additional (and unnecessary) work for others. This company was heavily invested in by Blackstone (that same Blackstone that's evicting people out of their rental homes in the US during Covid), and a few years and redundancy rounds later, it is clearly on its way to being sold off, the current CEO's track record just confirms this. Beware before accepting an offer here, as many of the Pros mentioned in reviews older than 1-2 years are not applicable anymore. A new team is being assembled in Pune, India - the reasons behind this do not need further elaborating. - Under market-average compensation

15 people found this review helpful

Cloudreach Response

First, thank you for your contribution during your time at Cloudreach. It’s clear you felt a lack of recognition during your time here, so it seems reasonable to assume you weren’t one of the employees trying to “get away with doing the bare minimum” like you mentioned. We recognize that we’re not always going to be able to compete with other companies on salary, but we’ve worked diligently (and are still working!) to put the right infrastructure in place that recognizes and rewards Cloudreachers and their contributions appropriately. This includes plans (some of which are already underway) that will give all Cloudreachers more opportunities and clearer guidance for career advancement, especially in Cloud Operations. In addition to salary, you mentioned feedback and recognition a few times (e.g. “fake shoulder-patting,” “won’t get any credit”), which is something we’ve noticed still needs improvement in our most recent employee engagement survey results – so you’re not alone in that sentiment. In that employee engagement survey, the question with the most improvement (+16%) since last quarter was “The business leaders at Cloudreach demonstrate that people are important to the company's success.” Although we know we have lots of work still left to do, we take that as a sign from our current employees that we're headed in the right direction. While it’s unfortunate you made the decision to leave Cloudreach before getting to see improvement, we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

4. 5.0

The good times are back

Feb 18, 2020 - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Vendor agnostic allowing me the opportunity work on multiple projects with some of the biggest logos worldwide. Flexible working environment which allows me fantastic work life / balance. Working with some of the smartest people in cloud world. New leadership team are amazing and very open with communication. Love hearing about how sales are performing and new wins.

Cons

The old leadership team made a lot of mistakes which made people unhappy and resulted in people leaving. Changes have been made for the better. Some people who have left have returned which is testament to the work done by the leadership team to put us back on track. I really do not see any negatives since new management arrived.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great place to work in

Oct 24, 2019 - Senior Data Architect in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues - an environment with very smart people around Culture - no micromanagement, friendly, management is approachable Personal Development - just pick what you want Work/Life balance

Cons

Business is growing and there are challenges. However that is necessary and changing does not happen overnight. I like changes. It also opens opportunities and employees can contribute.

2 people found this review helpful

Cloudreach Response

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your positive outlook and agree that while there are plenty of challenges we're currently facing, they are also opportunities to learn, grow, and succeed together. Good shout on leveraging our underutilized talent to help solve internal problems, this is definitely something we're trying to do better.

6. 5.0

Amazing place to work

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great projects Work Life balance Passionate coworkers Open communication from leadership Amazing quarterlies and Friday cloudy lunches Diversity and inclusion Excellent career progression

Cons

No cons to mention specifically

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful people-centric company with vibrant culture, great people, and cozy office

May 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of flexibility - Good Work/Life balance - Multicultural place with amazing people - Unlimited holiday policy - Good internal career move structure - Option to work from home - The company cares about its people and frequently seeks employees' feedback and opinions on current and prospective changes within the business

Cons

- With the rapid expansion the company is undergoing, some growing pains are not uncommon

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Impressive place to work. So far, I feel lucky to be here.

May 14, 2019 - Cloud Architect in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work-life balance and flexibility. It seems to be only limited by the clients, but that is understandable as CR is a consulting company. Interesting and challenging technologies and projects. Technical skills development support and promotion. Easy access to the know-how gathered by CR consultants. Excellent knowledge base. Great atmosphere, it is a pleasure to be in the office and work with the people there. Leadership and senior management seem to listen to us, and they have taken action more often than I have seen elsewhere. Cloudy lunches are an excellent opportunity to meet and talk to the colleagues; it is great bonding initiative. The office kitchen is stocked better than my own, and any other place I worked at! WOW!

Cons

Company policy requires the use of Google Office Suite, and its limitations impact my productivity and prevent me from utilising the skills I have acquired over 15-years of work with MS Office suite. Frustrating! Not sure about career development opportunities, on the one hand, the company grows, and there should be plenty of opportunities, on the other nothing is clear about the process. In general, the benefits are disappointing and limited. In a way it is accentuated by the fact that CR lists a laptop and phone as benefits; I would argue these are tools! Limited space in the office and single screen workstations. Cloudreach does not enjoy brand and recognition as other consultancies, and this might somehow affect the future career opportunities outside of the organisation.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great people, great attitude and culture!

Mar 6, 2018 - Cloud Systems Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

We are very well looked after, and there is a great attitude from everyone throughout the entire org chart from the top down. Work/life balance is a real priority that is taken seriously. If you have some initiative and are willing to innovate, you will be supported in your endeavours.

Cons

Working on-site with clients means I tend to miss out on some of the delights and luxuries provided back at the office!

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome place to work!

Dec 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture are the heart of this business, and that is felt via an amazing office atmosphere on a daily basis. Extras: The Office is great, Benefits are amazing, as well as an awesome work-life balance!

Cons

None really at this point!

5 people found this review helpful