Co-op CTM Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 47 reviews

3.2
Co-op CEO Steve Murrells
Steve Murrells
  1. "Summerfields wasn't this bad."

Current Employee - CTM in Ainsdale, England

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like to do the night shifts. If im working in the cash office I uselly have the freedom to pick my brakes as and when I want them. I can charge my phone instore. 10% discount helps on milk.

Cons

Never enough staff. Low staffing levels No Accident book. No guard, I see more stock (In money value) go out the door in theft than I earn, Terrible handheld devices that the job needs, Self-scans and checkout computers that brake down frequently, Including bells used to call for assistance. No respect for times of shifts, I.E - Im mostly on all the lates when ofters have mornings. also people that have other commitments...

Advice to Management

Give us more staff to help with queues. Having no accident book is just plain stupid You need to start thinking realistically about every individual store. Not one method for all.

Co-op2015-10-12
  2. "Horrendous"

Current Employee - CTM in Moffat, Scotland

I have been working at Co-op

Pros

Meeting the public and some members of staff are nice

Cons

Management have do care for their staff. You are just a number to them!!

Advice to Management

Care more about your staff. Especially in times when family members die

Co-op2015-10-11

"overstretched"

Current Employee - CTM in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at Co-op full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

? can't honestly see any at the moment, hopefully it will go back the place it once was. Staff discount

Cons

Since the financial difficulties hours have been cut leaving it impossible to function, trying to be in 3 places at once, reliable,good long serving staff are leaving left right and centre. I just can't see what the future holds.

Advice to Management

Instead on spending money updating Angel square and new procedures and policys which clearly are not working, put money back in to the shop floor, where it is needed. You will continue to lose some good staff if it carries on as it is.

Co-op2015-08-19

"Where is our fair trade?"

Current Employee - CTM

I have been working at Co-op part-time for less than a year

Pros

The other CTMs are a delight, the customers in our area respond to us amazingly well.

Cons

Totally unethical with staff, S3 is an awful system and staff are treated like dirt by management who play the game and pretend to share the values we came to the store for, when in reality expect all of your time through an awful availability system (we aren't working in a zero hours contract but are treated as such! If you need more of our time contract it!). I have experienced very personal criticisms and have been...

Advice to Management

Be kind, be understanding, stand up for us (we are the backbone of your reputation and reflect how we are treated). Address our stresses, be critical of the system when we are telling you it doesn't work and don't try to cheat us to look good. You need us to trust you but you don't work to earn it.

Co-op2015-03-06
    • "very old organization with high standard products and services and fairtrade policies but sadly mismanaged as whole ."

Current Employee - CTM in Swanscombe, England

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I like to work here because it's very convinient to reach and don't have to travel.secondly my working hours are very suitable for my requirements and being an old employee i've become a part of the group.

Cons

To keep customer service the main objective.To keep customer's requirements and their satisfaction as keypoint for success.Keeping the products available and very focussed to make minimum wastes. All the equipments to have regular maintainanceand upgraded regularly to the latest technology easy to use. Cleanliness and hygiene to be first priority.

Advice to Management

It would be a great motivation if the store and the staff be rewarded for their exceptional performance every time they show good performance .If any staff shows tremendous performance should be rewarded . If any staff offers helping out covering any other staff's shift out of the way should be given double or atleast 11/2 The working hours for over time to help out in emergency.Because our help is not appriciated we...

Co-op2014-05-19
    • "Not the bad place it is made out to be on the news"

Current Employee - CTM in Alsager, England

I have been working at Co-op part-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great staff to work with...almost like a family in some cases. Customers in general are very thankful for your efforts and services. Co-op food is expanding (at least in my store) and we are seeing new faces becoming regulars. Nice contrast from what we hear on the news.

Cons

Management expect too much from staff with no extra resources to help them. More flexible hours needed to add to the total of hours per department, ie, short notice overtime. These cons however are based on a large store.

Advice to Management

Team leaders are key (not my role) and they deserve more praise than they get (in bigger stores at least). Seeing the work that they put in, often work that higher management don't know about, is sometimes staggering.

Co-op2014-05-04
    • "Cooperative experience"

Former Employee - Customer Team Member (CTM) in Southwater, England

I worked at Co-op full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meeting new people. Experience. Okayish work life balance.

Cons

Low pay. Akin to slave labour. Rota system is naff. Staff discount is only beneficial when you get paid as it goes from 10% staff discount to 20%. No real opportunities for team building events unless the staff pay from their own pockets.

Advice to Management

Pay staff more, listen and talk to general staff, not take managements word as gospel. Hold staff forums where some members are invited along to voice the opinions of the store, as voted by fellow employees.

Co-op2014-05-18
    • "Reliable source of work, but not a fulfilling job, lacking support, room for improvment and fun!"

Current Employee - CTM in Southampton, England

I have been working at Co-op part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good shift pattern, guareented hours every week. Good friendship with other employees.

Cons

Managment are boss, mean, and not encouraging. Work is not made fun or exciting, it is all about targets When something goes wrong, management never take responsibility

Advice to Management

Be more approchable, ,more kind and more supportive Praise staff when they do well, make work be recongnised

Co-op2014-05-16
    • "it's ok but you never get all they promise"

Current Employee - CTM in Winchelsea, England

I have been working at Co-op full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

easy distance from home and school, convenient the current staff are fun to work with and 99% of the customers are lovely

Cons

always being let down promises made but never kept all staff suffers for upper management frailer and now are wasting millions on simple stores re branding. the training for staff to improve themselves are non existent

Advice to Management

listern to your staff

Co-op2014-05-14
    • "Bitter sweet and frustrating."

Current Employee - CTM in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Co-op for more than 10 years

Pros

If you want proper feedback then 20 words is completely unrealistic - so I won't bother.

Cons

Upper management (i.e. Manchester) couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery.

Advice to Management

Stop fiddling while Rome burns - we make the money that pays your salaries!

Co-op2014-05-14