Find jobs for 3D Artist

Codemasters 3D Artist Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2021

Found 11 of over 196 reviews

3.5
Codemasters CEO Frank Sagnier (no image)
Frank Sagnier
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Safe job but a bad attitude to crunch.

Aug 10, 2013 - 3D Artist in Southam, West Midlands, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Secure job due to predictable release schedule of their two big franchise games. Devotion to ensuring the games are of highest quality. Overtime pay and milestone bonuses.

Cons

Crunch was practically included in the development schedule from the outset and treated as a normal part of work. Studio is in the middle of nowhere, making the commute difficult. A reliance on outsourcing for most of the asset creation work, means that it's a bad place for someone looking to improve their art skills.

2. 4.0

Been working there for 2 years

Jun 2, 2021 - 3D Artist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-worker and good experience.

Cons

Salary is moderate and for don't know what company policy they only hire foreigner from India.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company respect work life balance, nice work and nice people

Mar 11, 2021 - Experienced 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the 6th year I work here and I still enjoy working here as always. These are the reasons why : Work life balance and pleasant working environment : I had worked at other local art companies before and I would said the quality of work life balance is still the best here. The company respect and promote staff work life balance. We have flexible working hours as long as you plan your own time and full fill a certain amount of working hours in a week. Company also gave us flexible lunch hours in order to avoid the lunch hours crowd especially during the pandemic period. On top of the annual leaves we enjoy numbers of public Holidays and any public holidays fall on weekend will be replaced on the next Monday. The management always have an open ears for everyone who has problems and handle the issues fairly and professionally. Before MCO there are quite some numbers of events eg Halloween Party, Christmas dinner, Chinese New Year Event and I truly enjoyed it. I work with people from a mix bag of cultures and I come to know many friends from different nationalities and backgrounds. Work experiences and credits : We are one of the top racing games company in the world. I worked at few racing titles before and I have the chance to work with different Leads and gain different experiences and credits and learn different skills. The Leads are always helpful and willing to guide. Nice people : I have the chance to work with people from different background and nationalities and learn a lot from them in different aspects eg : work skills, culture & etc. The people here are very friendly and approachable. Before MCO, we used to hang out for Cinema night, ‘pay day’ dinners, birthday dinner etc. The colleagues likes to bring back snacks from their countries and share with everyone in the company. People here are nice and honest. Location : It is in the central of KL city and there are lots of public transportation options to get here.

Cons

New pipelines to adapt to when joining new projects. But I don't overall see it as a Cons.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Mar 10, 2021 - 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting and collaborative work atmosphere. Respectable pay and benefits. Team leads are helpful. So fare, company did a nice job with work from home during covid.

Cons

working with a team across many zones can and many signoff layers can be problematic at times. having a uniform production pipelines across projects of the same genre would be good.

5. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Good experience

Feb 1, 2021 - Junior 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers; willing to help each other.

Cons

Nothing in particular to the company, but the building the office is in could have better maintenance

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible working culture

Jan 12, 2021 - 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mediocre salary Near train station so its quite convenient to get there

Cons

Rude supervisors hurl foul languages when something goes wrong at work. Regular belittling is common so newcomers might be demoralised and turn into zombies at work. Talented artists had been leaving in droves due to this. Some supervisors had inferior or outdated knowledge and skills can be frustrating at times.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Terrible working culture

Feb 20, 2021 - 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

nothing much I think, free coffee, more holiday (but you come to work on weekend more often)

Cons

-Too much overtime work -Management going to force you to work on weekend without any compensation -Not a good environment to grow your skill -Lack of leadership

8. 2.0

Great people / Very unprofessional management

Oct 30, 2019 - 3D Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have met one of the best people working there, great artists with a spark and ambitions to make great art, salary as for Malaysian standard is quite good, flexible working hours, friendly atmosphere

Cons

a month without overtime is nonexistent (i guess that comes with the industry...), very poor and incompetent HR that gives you misleading information (probably due to own poor knowledge, and I'm speaking from a foreigner point of view, where I have no knowledge of Malaysian bureaucracy and require assistance regarding taxes/legal stuff). Middle management often got their "titles" just by spending X years there - this plus the outdated technologies used results in team leaders lacking modern knowledge aboud 3D (not all of them but I have met a few) which only leads to frustration and browsing artstation for a new job because its virtually impossible to initiate any change.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Alright place.

Aug 16, 2020 - 3D Environment Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Steady work, steady workflow. Good hours. Public holiday replacements for when they fall on weekends.

Cons

Gets dull at times, not much advancement opportunity.

10. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Very nice environment, and supporting team mates

Aug 3, 2019 - 3D Environment Artist in Kuala Lumpur
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone like to help each other.

Cons

The company support lgbt in uk

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews