Collaborative Solutions Reviews

Found 254 of over 255 reviews

4.0
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross
Pros
  • "Very supportive coworkers and work life balance(in 34 reviews)

• "Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/Life Balance can become skewed(in 14 reviews)

• "Steep growth curves make for growing pains, but Collaborative really makes an effort to address issues once they're aware of them(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Collaborative Solutions

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Friend got laid off from Collaborative Solutions today. She obtained Workday certifications while employed there. They are requesting her to pay back the cost (6K) of the certifications. Advice?

74 Comments

Tech

34.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Collaborative Solutions~492711
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great workplace

Jun 1, 2021 - Client Partner in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture of collaboration, creativity, family is exceptional.

Cons

No cons at this stage.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

"Hey Google, play 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton John"

Sep 15, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are great at what they and do and always willing to help Professional development WFH

Cons

I’m generally not one to complain or dwell on issues, but this company really needs to treat its people better. During my tenure, I saw a lot of negative changes, especially since the acquisition and things became more corporate and regulated. Sure, the benefit packages are nice, and the “unlimited PTO” is alluring, but when your day to day is nothing but a Groundhog Day-style hell, they don’t carry a lot of weight. 1. Unlimited PTO. Unlimited PTO is scam, not just at this company, but at any tech company you will work for as it puts the decision on the amount of time to take off on the worker and not on a legal agreement. And here, it is especially hard to use given the approval chain involved. You must inform at least 2 people per project of your plans a month in advance and get their written approval before you even ask your manager. I understand this is in place to make sure projects don’t stagnate, but it can be quite a challenge a. finding a time that works for each project you’re on (usually 2-3 at a time) and b. preparing to ask X amount of people if you can even take a day off. I found it extremely hard to find PTO time and thus, became burnt out quite quickly. And that’s not factoring in the pandemic as an additional challenge or how taking PTO impacts your bonus. I think management rubbed this in even further by introducing mental health days…that you had to notify your teams about two weeks in advance. 2. Workload. The workload, like at most consultancies, fluctuates depending on the time of year. Sometimes, I’d be swamped working late into the early AM trying to complete deliverables and other times I’d be twiddling my thumbs trying to be as productive as possible. This ties into the bonus structure being unattainable unless you are fully staffed, which was a rarity for me. 3. Culture. To be honest, it felt very cult-like and fake and the communication from leadership could be improved. The culture was preached, not practiced, especially by lower management. Communication from management is usually delayed and you hear more through the grape vine. 4. Work-Life Balance. I never found it here and no one in management demonstrates this being important. At times, it felt like if you only worked 40 hours and your billables were low, you were looked down upon. Some people in management willingly work 50+ hour weeks, so it shows to the people working below them that is the norm and expected of you. I certainly felt pressured to work longer hours, especially working from home given there’s no clear, physical divide like there is with an office job. 5. Feedback. This might seem silly, but not receiving feedback was challenging. Under my first manager, this was a big issue for me. I was told on one of the first days working that I would never meet their expectations for our group. And through out my tenure, I only received feedback a handful of times. When you aren’t encouraged to do your job or at least have touchpoints on how you’re doing, it becomes challenging to perform at all, let alone well. Part of the culture is providing feedback to teammates weekly, but this rarely happened on the technical team. 6. Management. I didn’t feel supported by management to be successful and sometimes felt like my career progress was put on the back burner. Overall, this company has some serious growing and acquisition pains. When I was hired, I was sold on a company that “cared” about me. I have had to learn the hard way that companies don’t care about the people they hire, but the money those people can make them. When I left, I felt so relieved to escape. This place used to be better at pretending like they cared about their employees, now they don’t hide it.

4 people found this review helpful

Administrator

We are saddened by this outlook from a former Collabie as we strive to create a positive workplace for all employees. We are sorry that in your time at Collaborative you did not get a full grasp for the vision and direction of the company, our commitment to fostering work-life balance, our efforts to promote from within, and Collaborative’s initiatives to encourage feedback from both managers and their employees. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

3. 4.0

Some good some bad

Mar 23, 2021 - Principal Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and good culture

Cons

Lack of leadership and benefits

Marketing and Social Media Specialist

We are glad to hear there are several aspects of Collaborative Solutions you are enjoying, like our people and culture. At Collaborative, our employees come first, so we would like to learn more about the cons you mentioned. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or People Services with any concerns. We are always looking for ways to make Collaborative an even better place to work!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love being part of the Collabie family

Feb 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the culture at Collaborative and everything they stand for. For me, working from home full time as standard is great. I work with a variety of people all over the world and they are all very helpful. It really is a family feel at Collaborative. The salary is great and the bonus structure is too. Very grateful to be a part of the Collabie family.

Cons

Haven’t experienced any cons as yet.

Collaborative Solutions Response

Thank you for taking time to share your experience - we're so glad to hear you enjoyed being part of the culture and felt at home as a Collabie. We appreciate the kind words and we wish you the best in all your endeavors!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Sep 19, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Actually cares about its employees

Cons

None that I have seen so far

Administrator

Thank you for this review! As a current employee, we are happy to see you feel Collaborative is a great place to work. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company

Sep 15, 2021 - Principal Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Management that hears you and your concerns if any

Cons

Talent evaluation is something they are lacking

Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to review Collaborative Solutions! We appreciate you sharing the great things about our company, like unlimited PTO and consistent manager support. We would like to learn more about the con you mentioned and encourage you to address talent evaluation with your manager, or People Services, if that is more comfortable for you. Thank you for your feedback and for the opportunity to turn this around.

7. 4.0

Good Place to Work

Sep 12, 2021 - Workday HCM Associate Consultant in Reston, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Good Company Culture

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as other companies

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Complete Lack of Communication of Expectations

Oct 15, 2021 - Associate Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Managers don't micromanage their employees

Cons

Poor communication of expectations for entry level positions and pretty much no communication from manager/ had several temporary managers as there was employee turnover

Administrator

It saddens us to receive this review from a former Collabie. We are sorry that in your time at Collaborative you did not get a full grasp of the vision and direction of the company and the expectations for the role. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. 3.0

Going through changes

Sep 14, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good reputation in the ecosystem

Cons

Lots of growing pains since Cognizant acquisition leading to high turnover

Administrator

Thank you for this review. We strive to provide a workplace where every Collabie feels connected and balanced both professionally and personally. We strongly encourage you to have open and honest conversations with your manager or People Services about the con you mentioned, as it is only with this feedback that we can continue to grow and improve. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

10. 5.0

Exciting

Aug 28, 2021 - Learning And Development Specialist in Manila, Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible work schedule, awesome team, competitive offer

Cons

no cons at the moment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 254 Reviews