Collaborative Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Nov 2019

3.7
Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross
Carroll Ross
Pros
  • "They also really value a work life balance which is very refreshing(in 29 reviews)

• "Also, unlimited PTO and a good work/life balance(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance is great if you can do those two things(in 11 reviews)

• "Not much thought on career paths for internal employees(in 9 reviews)

1. "General Manager"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Khartoum

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

my skills lead me to work there

Cons

share responsibility with others to hep them resoulve their problems

Advice to Management

raise up your employees to help mankind

Collaborative Solutions2019-11-06

"It is an okay place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Assistant

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people you work with

Cons

communication from the top is very poor

Advice to Management

Make sure you're doing the same thing that you expect from others

Collaborative Solutions2019-10-18
  3. "Supportive leadership that cares about employee well being. Great Group of co-workers."

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at CS for less than a year and continue to be impressed. My entire practice is a supportive, fun, and collaborative group and happy to always share knowledge and answer questions for one another. The work schedule and telecommute flexibility is outstanding and allows for ease of managing life's many priorities. Recently, I put in some late nights and a few weekends toward the end of a tough project, where... the support from leadership was focused and helpful. After things cooled off, I was told by the same leadership to ensure I take some PTO soon to ensure I recover for the extra time and effort. This same group then followed up with me several days later to ask if I had scheduled PTO time yet. I'm amazed at the continued thoughtfulness of the folks I work under, the lengths they've gone to look after me here are just not something you find everywhere. Thank You CS, the people you've brought in, and the culture you've built.

Cons

Seriously can't think of anything. We have a keurig machine for office coffee, I suggested to our office administrators that we swap out the disposable k-cups for the reusable, more environmentally friendly ones, they liked the idea and bought the reusable ones. Problem solved.

Advice to Management

Keep moving! As we grow, maintain a focus on people and culture.

Collaborative Solutions2019-10-04
  4. "Consultant"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

work from home opportunity, training provided for workday certification.

Cons

Unprofessional, lack of direction, not organized, managers lack leadership. Benefits to expensive.

Advice to Management

Promote within but provide training to the managers

Collaborative Solutions2019-10-26

"Growing company that still feels small"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

An exciting field that seems to be growing rapidly (career opportunity) The company wants you to have a life outside of work (meaningful culture) Generous bonus structure (financial opportunity)

Cons

Getting ramped up with project work is rather slow for entry-level positions

Advice to Management

Keep the attributes of a small culture as the companies growth is exploding: the quality of work delivered is so high because of it. If the focus remains on customer satisfaction, the money and growth will continue.

Collaborative Solutions2019-08-15

"Great place for a great job"

Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager in Pala, CA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with friends and family

Cons

Madness, chaos, stress, and negativity from my family to the fullest extent

Advice to Management

I just want to do something for myself and do something for you guys to help with the task at hand. I will give it my best all the time and I will get it done with the best of intentions.

Collaborative Solutions2019-08-09

"Great Company to Work For and Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO (make sure you request it far enough in advance), competitive pay, generous bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, paid training and certifications, work from home, travel, flexible for the most part. As a consultant you have to manage your time well and know when to say no to work that you cannot handle. CS is very responsive and seems to genuinely care more about having you as an employee than... overbooking you with work. Everyone I’ve met so far has been incredibly helpful and kind. My manager asks me about my career goals and actively tries to help me get there. I’m learning a lot and can feel a little overwhelmed at times, but Collaborative is such a supportive environment. I honestly didn’t know I could be so happy in a career that pays so well!

Cons

No cons about CS, but you need to be organized and manage your time well. The work/life balance is great if you can do those two things.

Advice to Management

It seems like you all really take into consideration what everyone has to say and try to make everyone feel heard and included. Keep it up!

Collaborative Solutions2019-06-21

"Been here for a while and finally reviewing (Fantastic Company!)"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

(Not sure how formatting works) // Freedom to branch out and make your career whatever it is you wish. Collaborative sill support you with any new area you want to learn, new certifications, cross functional training, and personal goals. With proper planning and workload alignment, the sky is the limit for what Collaborative can offer you. // Industry experience unmatched by any other partner firm. ... Collaborative has more Lead Level individuals (folks that have lead projects from planning to post go live) than any other partner firm. These are the folks that help mentor young consultants and pitch in to share their collective knowledge on other projects. The numbers speak for themselves when you see the amount of product leads employed by Collaborative compared to anyone else. The best part is nobody at Collaborative hoards information, I know it sounds cheesy, but the thought leaders of the organization are some of the most Collaborative individuals. I've always felt supported here and it doesn't hurt to be exposed to some of the brightest minds in the ecosystem. // Overwhelming support and cohesive atmosphere when it comes to personal endeavors and family situations. Time and time again I've seen this company rally around employees when they've encountered sudden emergencies. Whether it be medical, personal, or professional this company will work with you to make sure you are supported throughout - I've never seen an executive team so open and accepting of creative ideas to help folks through tough times. We truly are a big family here. // An executive team who is actively listening to the shifts in the Workday Ecosystem. It is not common for upper management to review the entire gamut of the business, from project methodology to mass compensation reviews. Collaborative always strives to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to the employee experience. They may not get it right every time, but errors are always rectified when brought to the attention of leadership. // Unlimited PTO! When properly planning and requesting I have never once seen or heard of anyone getting their PTO denied. // Best bonus in the ecosystem as far as I'm concerned, with supporting tools available to everyone to aid in transparency and calculation.

Cons

I think Collaborative should listen more to the concerns and suggestions of consultants who have actively "grown up" in the Workday ecosystem. I believe their ideas are more innovative and "fresh" compared to some entrenched folks in Mid/Upper Management who have come over from legacy systems (SAP/Oracle/PeopleSoft/etc.). These entrenched folks have never implemented Workday, so some of their decisions and thought... processes are severely out of date. As in, they don't understand the software which they're making decisions for - which is unacceptable for a software that evolves as much as Workday. Although this is a Con, I believe with recent hires and internal initiatives we are starting to address the errors in some of this thinking.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback from your employees. There will undoubtedly be bumps in the road with massive growth, but the ability to pivot and rectify situations is what matters. I feel Collaborative excels at that.

Collaborative Solutions2019-07-15

"Going Places"

I have been working at Collaborative Solutions full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, they care about each other, lots of opportunities to grow on the delivery side of the organization.

Cons

It can be hard to find work life balance. Not much thought on career paths for internal employees. It’s getting harder to maintain a small culture as the organization scales.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the culture it’s a great place to be! Don’t forget about your internal employees who help the organization operate so well.

Collaborative Solutions2019-06-24

"Good benefits, but stressful"

Former Employee - Integrations Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Collaborative Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

the compensation, benefits and opportunity for advancement were very good. Management is very clear about expectations for advancement.

Cons

work-life balance can be tough as a consultant. feast or famine workload. you're either overwhelmed or sitting on your hands.

Collaborative Solutions2019-04-28