Collective Bias Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.3
Collective Bias CEO Bill Sussman
Bill Sussman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Offers a great work life balance and the work is pretty cool" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great people, management okay, easy to work with; good work environment" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes with Social Media, you will need to work some late hours or answer something over the weekend" (in 3 reviews)

• "cbias, salaries are well below industry standards" (in 2 reviews)

"Amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Intl Business Development in London, England

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, pay and the ability to work well with a smart Team and Community that makes an amazing product for clients.

Cons

I do not have any "cons" with Collective Bias.

Advice to Management

We need to grow the culture in a way that holds on to best practices from the past and also scales up with size.

"Mess."

I worked at Collective Bias part-time

Pros

USED to be a great company. Great people, great teams, but slowly diminishing.

Cons

Now replaced by tons of underpaid, overworked interns and no real management or leadership. You can tell the company that bought CB out is trying to phase it out.

Advice to Management

Figure out what is going on. Start to value the community ; start to value the employees. Make it possible to get things done.

"Dumpster Fire of a Failed and Broken Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR (US)

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

There are no pros anymore, the petulantly ineffectual and monstrously Dilbertian parent company known as Inmar made sure of that.

Cons

Collective Bias is no longer Collective Bias but a carcass of its former self, in the process of being hollowed out and absorbed by Inmar until there's nothing left but broken bones and broken dreams. The people who continue to manage what's left of its dead and nearly buried self have no vision, no willingness to listen to people's concerns about products that are out of date or aren't working, and remain stubbornly or blithely unaware of CB's industry-lagging situation.

This entire dumpster fire of a garbage company is a nightmare of cliques, mistrust, poor communication, heads in the sand, and atrocious favoritism. The fact that they've been in business for almost 9 years... in SOCIAL MEDIA... and have not ONCE significantly changed their product offerings, delivery, or business tactics says all you need to know.

Even worse, virtually everything told to us about the condition of our sale to Inmar were a pack of outright and disgusting lies. We were assured CB would retain its unique identity and remain independently run, with our distinctive family oriented culture intact. Lies. Almost everything has changed, from virtually eliminating bonuses using accounting tricks, to degrading the quality of our vacation time, healthcare and other benefits that were once superior when they had been handled by CB instead of the corporate borg that is Inmar.

It's not a company that will exist much longer. Inmar is following a plan of completely razing CB into the ground (their plan all along) and will likely integrate whatever is left into their HQ's office, since nearly everything is redundant. Resistance is futile.

Get out CBers while you can, and never look back.

"Not what it used to be"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are awesome. Many have been around since the beginning or shortly after. Most truly care about the success of Collective Bias! Their heart and soul is invested in the company.

Cons

At one time this was an amazing company to work for. They were small and cared about the employees. After it was sold, everything changed. The mood is tense. It is all about sales and numbers. They have forgotten the core values and what made us successful. There is no one for the employees to go to with concerns or suggestions. When they are passed on to our managers, no one else listens. Moving up is very rare and not based on time with the company. Hard workers get over looked. Change is happening constantly and we are always the last to know. There is no transparency like their used to be.

Advice to Management

Remember the employees and go back to your roots. Listen to your employees. We can and have been predicting the future of the industry for some time.

"Social Media"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote position. It allowed you to work from home.

Cons

None at this time for me.

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Great company culture and very collaborative. Great place to grow

Cons

Recent changes in management leaves some confusion

7. "Collective Bias Inc"

I worked at Collective Bias part-time

Pros

Dogs friendly and nice people, fun place and nature of market

Cons

Not a very diverse company

8. "Business Dev"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Initially seemed like a fun place to work with a great culture that cared about their employees... until the blinders come off.

Cons

Leadership is run by cowardice, literally zero backbone when the rubber meets the road and sales are low... because it is everyone "else's" fault. With Inmar merger it only got worse... just a larger organization with poor leadership & ethics. Management feels demeaning employees by personal attack should somehow motivate and drive better performance. Social Programs they have to sell in to clients are over priced compared to competition by A LOT.

CB Company Motto - The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, they carry your company... they are not there for you to whip into submission.

"Losing Sight of what Made them Successful"

I worked at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Great people, management okay, easy to work with; good work environment

Cons

Forgetting what made them successful; taking advantage of people and their time.

Advice to Management

Growth and change is inevitable, but don't lose sight of what made this company great. That's starting to happen.

"Ship is sinking"

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friday afternoons off during the summer and bringing your dog to work!

Cons

Salaries are low, management is unqualified to lead teams, communication is lacking, no bonuses in 2018, incredibly high attrition rate.