Colt Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 11, 2019

4.3
Colt Technology Services CEO Carl Grivner
Carl Grivner
Pros
  • "There's a good focus on work life balance but people are still really passionate about their work at the same time(in 115 reviews)

• "Great pension and flexible working(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "En lugar de eso cierran departamentos con despidos colectivos y moviendo la empresa a pa(in 20 reviews)

• "No hay muchos instrumentos ni oportunidades de gestionar los empleados de bajo rendimiento(in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic People and Company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working in Colt's London HQ for over a month, having moved from a NYSE international top 100 company. The biggest impression has been made by the people that work at Colt, the working environment is extremely welcoming and supportive, I am encouraged to connect with all levels and areas of the business to learn my role and build my reputation. Colt are serious about developing their culture and values, I... fully support this approach to growing any business and the bonus here is that Colt are starting from a strong position where people already possess a positive and supportive attitude. Colt are a medium sized company and have to work hard to compete in the telecomms market against national carriers, what really impresses me and confirms that I made the right choice in joining Colt is the drive and determination of the entire workforce to improve an already highly performing service to be the clear market leader. I'm very pleased to be investing my time and effort into a forward thinking company that is trying to innovate and improve. The benefits are surprisingly good for a medium size company, pay is competitive, the pension contribution is excellent and the general benefits package is as good as offered by large companies. The London office is located in Shoreditch, a very vibrant area that offers a good blend of interesting places next door to the established central London area. I enjoy working at Colt and see the same enthusiasm from my colleagues.

Cons

My only negative experiences have been tools related, from a basic level Colt don't operate an organogram making it hard to understand how people and their roles fit into local teams and the wider business, there are multiple systems that act as the source of truth which makes it harder than necessary to learn a new role. The London offices could win an award for the worst view in London!

Advice to Management

Colt are a well like service provider, that is rare and has been achieved by having great people - keep supporting staff by investing in simplifying the tools to improve the service to customers.

Colt Technology Services2019-03-18
  2. "Great culture, people and perks"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Graduate in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is welcoming, friendly and happy to help! Work/life balance is real - the great majority of the office, managers included, will leave daily at 5pm. Colt is a truly international company and most work in teams across the world. There are lots of great networks to be involved in and efforts to improve the workplace and its CSR. The Hub in the London office is a nice space to relax and meet with pool/ping... pong table and very reasonable cafe. Lots of effort has been put into creating the graduate programme. The rotational programme gives experiences across different teams and it feels like the company genuinely wants to nurture talent (talks from senior leaders, learning sessions, in-person and online training, support etc). It's also well remunerated and the Colt pension is excellent.

Cons

Air-conditioning in the warmer months made the office uncomfortable to work in. Brand and internal communications could do more to reflect the real feel of Colt (human, innovative and more tech than telco in ethos).

Advice to Management

Many took the time to chat to the new graduates. This was really appreciated and did much to make us feel welcomed and valued.

Colt Technology Services2019-11-11
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great culture, fabulous people, diversity and inclusion are key, and huge amounts of work are being done to make these even better. Benefits are very good and staff are looked after.

Cons

As many people stay here for a long time, promotion options can be limited, but a lot of development opportunities mean that growth is still possible and is certainly encouraged.

Colt Technology Services2019-11-04
  4. "Positive, Encouraging & Challenging Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to develop and grow in your career - loads of opportunities to step up to responsibility, especially if you utilise some of the many learning & development programs on offer as an employee. One of the few places that I have worked that I have felt that everybody who works there genuinely knows a huge amount at what they do, and if you're willing to listed you can pick up a wealth of knowledge... for your role or your career. Management is encouraging and responsive to issues, tries to push you to do new things and to keep improving something, even if it's going well already. Really relaxed environment, flexible work-from-home options, and a really useful employee benefits scheme. Pretty much busy and challenging all year round, but always flexibility if things are getting too intense with colleagues always willing to support. Opportunities are there to take, if you want to take on new things on and increase your responsibility, all you need to do is ask and there'll be support.

Cons

Some legacy systems and slightly complex IT systems that can take some getting used to, but not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. Due to being a large organisation with many different areas, can take a while to adjust to how things work and what resources to use, but if you're attentive and take notes you can get into the swing of things much quicker.

Advice to Management

Always keep up the work/life culture balance that is currently working really well, continue to try and break down some disparate structures that can make new starters a bit overwhelmed, and keep finding new ways to get teams from different areas of the business talking and working together better.

Colt Technology Services2019-10-30
  5. "An exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I’ve been at Colt for 10 years so feel I am well placed to give an honest review. In my time at Colt I’ve been given loads of development and have had a steadily upwards career trajectory. I’ve seen positive cultural change from a standard telco into a much more diverse and challenger culture. There’s still more work to be done but the talented and welcoming people are what makes it here. There is a large amount of... change, so if you don’t like that it might not be the place for you. But for people that grab opportunities and want to make things better, it’s an exciting place to be! That being said work-life balance is like the holy grail here - family and personal life comes first. Pension, holidays and general benefits are above industry average and increase the longer you stay with the company.

Cons

Standard internal IT and process challenges. If you don’t have a ‘friendly’ in a different department it can be difficult to know who to talk to or how to progress things. Different regions can have a different experience. Same for managers / departments.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on customer experience – it’s what makes Colt special. Reward people that work hard. Don’t over-complicate things – keep it simple and authentic.

Colt Technology Services2019-10-31

"Brilliant company culture + flexible working"

Current Employee - Human Resources in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colt has an amazing company culture. There's little to no proper hierarchy, you see the CEO eating lunch downstairs in the hub cafe frequently and everyone is very down to earth and chilled out. There's some brilliant CSR fundraising being done year round, and people get really involved with this. There's no strict dresscode, work life balance is brilliant (37.5 hrs/ week) and it's refreshing to see literally... everyone, from grad to senior leadership pack up to leave at 5 on the dot. Flexible working is possible and done by most employees; two days of WFH a week, with an option to do more at your managers discretion. People work hard and your opinion will be heard if you want it to be. If you want more responsibilities and to develop further, all you have to do is ask. There's room to develop and a genuine effort is being placed on focusing on internal talent development rather than replacing people with external talent when a new job comes up. This is a work in progress and has room for improvement but it's great to see it being addressed. Compensation is very good, and the pension scheme is one of the best in London currently. Other benefits include 2 extra days of leave for CSR, health/dental/life insurance & some other flexi benefits.

Cons

A whole bunch of outdated, confusing IT systems that will slow things down regularly. People tend to work in silos - responsibility is handed off to the next person whenever someone thinks they've done their bit, which can be frustrating as you don't always have a clear point of contact.

Colt Technology Services2019-10-09

"A truly global, highly engaged employer. The best company I have worked for!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most people get to interact globally with colleagues, and some travel too Work-life balance is work-life balance here The benefits are great especially the pension scheme (one of the best on the market) I love the fact that "everyone" can have a voice and IS heard. I have been lucky enough to roll out and implement my innovation ideas The people are just lovely, everyone cares and seems to go that "extra mile"... to help too Very diverse organisation Continuous training opportunities

Cons

Too early to say, however the systems could be updated maybe!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and you will become an employer of choice!

Colt Technology Services2019-10-08
  8. "A dynamic and agile challenger to the DCS world"

Current Employee - Procurement Manager in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been working for Colt DCS for a few months but I feel that can say with a degree of certainty that I made the right decision to join. I really like that it has the feel of a technology company and that the people that work at Colt are of a high calibre and are very supportive, which is essential to the success of the team and my internal stakeholders. Colt's core values are very different from what I... have been used to with my previous employers and that culture is ingrained into everything we do, simply I feel that one of Colts values, agility, best describes the what they look for in everything we do. There is no denying that you are required to work hard but this not a bad thing, they will support you to up skill and the environment will challenge you but this will only benefit you in the long run. Colt DCS being based in Shoreditch near Liverpool Street Station is also a big plus and so travelling on public transport is painless. The area is vibrant and offers plenty of opportunities for lunch and going out on a Friday night. The benefits are excellent, pay is competitive, the bonuses are amazing, the pension contribution is muc higher than I experienced in the past. Some of the highlights working for Colts are; - Competitive salary and bonus - Benefits package are generous - A degree of flexible working - Great career opportunities

Cons

- Too many systems and passwords to remember, none of which talk to each other. - Not a company for those that do not want to be challenged

Advice to Management

Too soon to comment

Colt Technology Services2019-09-26
  9. "Dynamic and innovative challenger brand with a strong team ethic"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Genuinely collaborative - Employees actively encouraged to take ownership & develop new ideas - Strong work/life balance - Exceptional CEO and leadership team - Modern office in a great location - Real focus on increasing diversity of the workforce

Cons

- Internal IT systems can slow processes down - Too many legacy restructurings at Colt has not helped the company's brand

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and being supportive of creative ideas that make Colt an even more attractive place to work, and one where we can genuinely attract the best talent.

Colt Technology Services2019-09-23
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Human Resources Graduate Scheme in London, England

I have been working at Colt Technology Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Colt has exceeded my expectations - the culture is amazing. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. Although there are around 5000 employees, it feels more like a small business as it isn't too hierarchical. There's a good focus on work life balance but people are still really passionate about their work at the same time! The graduate scheme is particularly good as you are able to do rotations around your... chosen department and people take a genuine interest in helping you succeed in your career.

Cons

Not many people know about Colt as the brand isn't really out there, but I would definitely recommend it

Colt Technology Services2019-09-23