Contiki Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 6 Dec 2017

3.6
Contiki President Adam Cooper (no image)
Adam Cooper
Pros
  • "Friendships with coworkers, one free lunch and after work drinks per month(in 6 reviews)

• "Amazing company culture, incredible work-life balance, super fun place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cliques within management team, low pay, lack of career development, micromanaging style of leadership(in 7 reviews)

• "Away from home a lot during peak season (but off-set with home a lot of low season so I had no real issues with it)(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Contiki full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, incredible work-life balance, super fun place to work.

Cons

Not for the faint-hearted. Be prepared to work really hard and do loads every day. Salaries could be more competitive.

2. "Excellent company, stable growth, fantastic team camaraderie"

4.0

I have been working at Contiki full-time

Pros

- Intelligent and caring managers and colleagues - Strong leadership - Exciting, engaging work - Constantly evolving and pushing the boundaries of technology for travel - Supporting and open working environment - Transparent management team with excellent communication - Fantastic work-life balance - Excellent travel opportunities provided at every level of the organisation

Cons

I have no cons to put in at this time

"Fantastic company to work for!"

5.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Contiki full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, reasonable pay, team atmosphere, fun product to sell. Contiki is owned by TTC (The Travel Corporation) which is a family of brands- definitely room for growth within the company. The target market for the Contiki customer is 18-35s, so as you can imagine, it's a young and fun company to work for. You can start here in an entry level role and work your way up into a big career. Lots of employees are passionate about the brand and it's a happy work environment. Good work / life balance.

Cons

I have only been here about a year and cons are difficult. Incentive plan could use improvement and targets could be more realistic. That can be said about most jobs in the travel industry.

"Learn A Lot. Make Very Little."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Contiki full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn a massive amount because the team is so small, but that also means that you will be doing jobs above your pay grade. My manager was probably the best part of working here; during the weekly one on ones I really got to express things I was struggling with (although I didn’t take advantage of this to the full extent I should have) and so she helped fight some battles for me. The flexible hours and work from home days are extremely unique and a really great bonus. There's a pretty good work/life balance at Contiki and if you worked long hours the day before, your manager will be understanding if you come in later or take off a little early. Additionally, since you learn so much here, at your next position you can start at a much higher level and make far more (I made $20k more at my position immediately after leaving Contiki, which I couldn't have done had I not learned so much and taken on so many projects while at Contiki).

Cons

The pay and raise structure is terrible. There are almost no performance bonuses and there’s a serious lack of team building and bonding. I didn’t feel appreciated by executive leadership because they have limited insight to what people actually do and how heavy their task load is. For being a young company, it doesn’t feel young due to the ownership and how closely it’s tied to the sister companies. If you want to learn a lot, but suffer financially, this is a good company to work for, but I never found that my workload and the depth of my responsibilities was fair to my salary. To gauge the difference, the salaries for the same position at other companies in Southern California (with less tasks, as my friends held those positions) started at $5-10k more than I was making... and after a year and a half, there was no raise or title change option, despite the clear understanding of how much my role had changed from the previous employee and the quantity and quality of work taken on.

Continue reading

"Marketing Director | US Region"

4.0

I have been working at Contiki full-time

Pros

Working for a travel company that is a young and fun brand allows me to embrace my creative and conversion- oriented mind frame. Contiki allows me to explore new ways to connect with millennials and travel agents through developing effective marketing strategies while defining the overall direction and goals for the marketing department. I have the opportunity to collaborate with the executive leadership team on how we are going to deliver our product in ways that will satisfy our customers while ensuring business goals and objectives are taken into account. I am also privileged to work with a dynamic marketing team of experts who help develop and implement tactics to reach our audience by carrying out these strategies. Coming from the digital agency world, although there are a lot of moving parts and the need for marketing to support many other internal departments with their requests, there is a healthy work/life balance that I am appreciative for at Contiki.

Cons

Contiki has a few antiquated systems in place that are currently being revamped. I'm eager to witness how streamlined the company will become once implemented. These new tools and software will allow us to leverage data and analysis further in order to make even better decisions than we do today. I would love to have a little larger budget to implement even more team building activities or gift cards to hand out when team member(s) exceed expectations during strict deadlines or a major campaign launch. We usually get 1 team lunch a month but surprise and delights every once in a while are great to have as well to show appreciation and to keep morale up.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.