Cooper Lomaz Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 28 May 2020

3.4
Cooper Lomaz Joint Managing Director Charlotte Cooper & Jane Lovell
Charlotte Cooper & Jane Lovell
Pros
  • "I am currently in my forth week of working at Cooper Lomaz, so I am sure you will need to take this review with a pinch of salt(in 9 reviews)

• "I also like the entrepreneurial spirit and friendly working environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very high staff turnover (more than any other company I have worked for or know of)(in 10 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working for Cooper Lomaz that I have seen yet(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company, great history, going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Norwich, England

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a company I am proud to say I work for. Sales is a challenging and evolving industry and I feel that Cooper Lomaz have tried to stay one step ahead, constantly looking at new ways of improving performance and efficiency to enable the consultants to make as much money as possible. I joined the business with no recruitment experience and was guided by experienced recruiters with a whole host of internal & external training thrown at me. I have been fortunate enough to earn life changing money, while being rewarded with foreign trips, team building days out and high achiever dining events/experiences. On top of this I have an enhanced pension scheme, Medical cashback plan, Vitality Health Insurance and more. The business is forever looking at how to enhance the working environment to ensure there is the right blend to have the capability for high performance while also enabling downtime. The business is continuing to go forward and have moved to secure a fantastic MD with the vision and experience to grow the business further and take us to places we have only dreamed of going. It's an exciting time to be a part of the business.

Cons

Most of the cons are in the past and mistakes have been made. You can't change what has happened, but you can influence what the future might hold. The business is now in very good hands and looks to be going in the direction of smashing past the previous successes and beyond. Newer mobile phones and laptops would be nice.

Continue reading

"A place where you can grow your career"

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz full-time

Pros

The business is passionate about being the best and I like the professionalism and drive to excel. I also like the entrepreneurial spirit and friendly working environment. It feels like it combines the best elements of working for a larger corporate and a smaller privately owned business. I've been able to grow with the company as it has grown and this has given me the chance to learn new skills and take on more responsibility. I'm proud of what we've achieved so far but also really excited about the plans for 2016 and beyond.

Cons

There have definitely been some challenges here over the last 6 months but I think the owners have really been listening to the business and have worked hard to changes things for the better. It feels like we've got a solid management team in place now and the negative or disruptive people we had here have moved on.

"Great Business"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Norwich, England

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compared to some of the agencies I've worked for, Cooper Lomaz is fantastic. The working environment is conducive, there's great banter and some solid long term career opportunities. Great commission structure (which has recently amended & now more favourable). Excellent incentives that allow everyone the opportunity to go, not just the top billers and have made some life-long friends in the business. Look forward to a long & successful career here.

Cons

A lot of the negative comments on here are from disgruntled (& partially incompetent) previous employees. Admittedly not all who left are, but there are a small number who seem to have held a serious grudge and taken great pleasure in bad-mouthing the company on professional & social networks. If I was any of their current employers, I'd be extremely concerned at their attitudes to a previous employer and would definitely question whether they'd do this to me. #JustSayingYo

Continue reading
  4. "IT Specialist Recruitment consultant focusing on areas of Development, Support, Infrastructure and business change"

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz

Pros

Incredible working environment, great leadership and office full of successful recruiters

Cons

There are no cons to working for Cooper Lomaz that I have seen yet

5. "Dynamic and exciting"

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz full-time

Pros

Fast paced with really good rewards if you are up to the task. Fun, hard working environment. Great spirit of competition combined with team spirit. Lots of great long term players. Established career structure within the company.

Cons

Quite high turnover of staff, but that is almost entirely due to very convincing salespeople from outside of recruitment coming in not really understanding what a quality driven complex job it really is.

6. "Best place I've worked"

I have been working at Cooper Lomaz

Pros

Great working environment, fun & productive, lots of incentives and benefits. Amazing joint CEOs and a productive, friendly team.

Cons

Nothing negative worth noting really!

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.