Cord (London) Reviews

Found 7 of over 7 reviews

5.0
Cord (London) CEO Nimrod Priell
Nimrod Priell

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Company with great culture

Jun 15, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- very transparent and friendly culture - founders have technical backgrounds - all of the startup perks such as seeing the company grow and also how the product develops - really enjoy working with my colleagues - everyone is always keen to help you if you need help - 1:1s with both founders are great

Cons

nothing I can think of.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

We're building a great team and a pretty cool product

Feb 23, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leaving a big tech company after 7 years, I didn't really know what to expect from working in a very young startup. I had vague expectations of "more responsibility" and probably a chaotic roadmap, but beyond that I was just hoping for the best. After almost a year here I'm happy to report that: - "more responsibility" means "we trust you to make good decisions". the leadership cares deeply about building an inclusive environment, where everyone feels trusted and well supported. - the product evolves quickly and out in the open, driven by a healthy mix of clear vision and focused, relentless user research. everyone is welcome to feature discussions, and decisions are clear and actionable. - the tech stack is pragmatic and effective, and even though product iteration is our primary focus, a non-trivial amount of effort is invested in cleaning up tech debt and streamlining the development experience. This feels great. I'm getting more stuff done on a weekly basis than ever before, and I'm confident we're building something really good.

Cons

No real cons to flag, just an observation: working in a startup means the feature you're writing now might be gone in 2 months if it turns out we need to take a different approach to a particular problem, so you need to be able to detach yourself from the code you're writing and know how to strike the balance between the "perfect" code architecture, and the one that gets the feature out the door in days not weeks.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun and fast paced with amazing founders and culture

Jun 8, 2021 - Head of Talent in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay Great perks (unlimited holiday ect.) Genuine care for employees Highly experienced, friendly and approachable founders Strong funding

Cons

Scrappy start up culture although much better managed than most. Seem to be taking the good parts and avoiding the bad!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Everything I could want from a startup!

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Huge growth and learning opportunities - Lovely team who is always ready to share knowledge and help - Empathic leadership - Feedback is encouraged and valued - Let's not forget brilliant pay

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The kind of start-up experience I wanted to have

Feb 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The founders put incredibly much thought and work into building this company, in terms of both growing the team and designing and building the product. As engineers, we are moving fast, with a good degree of autonomy. There is a good balance of adding new features and building good foundations, not aiming for perfection but for good solid solutions that serve us well at this early stage of being a start-up.

Cons

This being a very young company, you can't expect that all benefits and processes are established that you might find in a big corporation.

6. 5.0

Not your average London startup

Feb 18, 2021 - Product Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at lots of startups in London, and Cord is the one I've been searching for. The product is interesting, challenging, and something people actually want. The founders have loads of deep experience, and the team are all absolutely lovely. There's a big focus on wellbeing and looking after each other — no one gets burned out, and the pay is great.

Cons

There really aren't any so far

Continue reading
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

All the best parts of a start-up

Feb 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The founder and CTO are both deeply thoughtful about the team and culture they are building. Even with less than 15 people, Cord already has a team with excellent experience and a diverse background. I work most closely with product and design and am impressed with their thought processes, skills, and competitive insights. - Everyone is humble and collaborative. I feel equally comfortable brainstorming, sharing knowledge from my own experience, and saying "Honestly I have no idea." When it's the latter, the team is biased towards thoroughly thinking things through to solve the problem at hand. You are empowered to do your own research, experiment, and utilize experts as needed. - The team is customer-centric. User research is taken extremely seriously and every decision comes back to how to make collaboration at work more effective for our users. - Despite the fact that about half of us have never met in person (yet!), the team actively looks for unique remote-friendly socials and activities so we can stay connected and have some fun. Leadership cares about the well-being of the team.

Cons

- Not necessarily a con, may even be a pro depending on where your interest lies: The company and product are very early so you can expect some pivots as we figure out the best segments and features to focus on. We aren't blindly marching towards an intuition leadership has; we constantly talk to our audience and regroup as needed. - Other than that, it's been really great 🙂

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews