Corporate Traveler Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated 27 Oct 2020

4.1
Corporate Traveler President  Amanda Vining (no image)
Amanda Vining
Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life balance wasn't always great(in 12 reviews)

• "Base salary which is competitive but you have the capability to earn as much as you'd like with no cap(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time

Pros

Great company culture, positive environment and lots of room to grow and make money. It all depends on how much work you put into it.

Cons

Work Life balance wasn't always great. Had potential to have extremely stressful days depending on weather.

"Incredible Company, People, & Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Corporate Traveler for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Pros include: The people I work with! Everyone in the company (all the way up to senior leadership) is very supportive, accessible, and celebrates each other’s successes & will offer assistance when you need it. I find this company to be much more collaborative and welcoming than a lot of other corporate work environments...it’s definitely not a “every person for themselves” type of company. People work hard, but they have a lot of fun too. That goes from the day to day office work, to company sponsored events or conferences. CT is big on recognizing its’ people, and also investing in tools that will help them do their job better and more efficiently. There are lots of opportunities for growth/advancement and the promotion of people from within is always happening. Compensation is competitive and offers a lot of room for reward for those who work hard. Most importantly though, I love what I do and believe in all that CT has to offer. (I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t, in fact that is why I left my prior company!) At CT, I know that everyone on my team has the same passion for delivering the best service & solutions for our customers and ensuring their happiness, which is important because travel management isn’t a one-man show! I’m proud to work somewhere in which those around me have the same mission and are committed to delivering the best for our clients. And as the world around us is evolving, CT has been heavily invested in delivering new innovations that will continually enhance what we have to offer our customer base which is so important nowadays. Also, as someone who loves to travel working at CT has opened up opportunities that I never would have imagined, allowing me to take my family to parts of the world they’ve never been and making memories we will cherish forever. In sum: I love what I do, the people I work with, the company culture, and the value we deliver to our customers, and all the amazing benefits of working for the Flight Centre family of companies! I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Cons

No company, job, or person is perfect. (But CT is pretty perfect for me!) I think it's more important for people to realize what aspects of the BDM role could be a "con" for them (while for others a major "pro"!), For example, many people may think this is a con: This job requires self-motivation, patience, and the willingness to work hard to get the results you want. Starting as a BDM, think of it as building your own business. Getting any new business off the ground is going to take dedication and a lot of efforts upfront before you start seeing the results/payoff, while hoping that in the end you will succeed. One needs patience and the ability to pick yourself up when you fail and keep on going. You may need to get by on just the salary for six to twelve while you are building your business. This is a “con” for many, but for others they accept that this is part of the process and believe that they too can achieve the success they see around them. So if you want to just come to work and “go through the motions” all day until its time to go home, then this isn’t the type of role for you. Another thing that may be a “con” for some individuals, is that you need to be a team-player here. This is not a good fit for someone who cannot work well in an environment where other people play a role in your success.

3. "Fun Rewarding Workplace"

Current Employee - Travel Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture is Australian and really fun. Lots of company parties and events. Great travel perks. On the job training. Flexible workplace allows remote workers and easy to take leave.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to manage, especially in the first year. As it is mainly sales based, salary can be low until you receive enough clients.

4. "Fun & Rewarding Career within Travel!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and company culture are two of the top reasons for my love for Corporate Traveler (CT). There is also a great deal of upward mobility both within the brand of CT and Flight Center, CT's parent company. With offices across the US and globe there are opportunities for travel and flexible working which I find greatly appealing. Compensation is fair and there is great potential for a successful career within sales. Although a large multi-national company, individual offices and teams have the feeling of a small family run company and support is readily available.

Cons

Traditional in office 9-5 is somewhat inflexible compared to many sales roles.

5. "Need to Invest in Their People"

Current Employee - Corporate Travel Agent

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, and if you're lucky, you can make a lot of money for an entry-level position.

Cons

Very disorganized to the detriment of our daily operations, with not a good infrastructure. In terms of benefits, it's not on par with other Travel Management Companies. They're losing good people.

6. "Rewarding, Flexible & Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for Corporate Traveler for 3 years now, and really enjoy my job. The company culture is very inclusive and open-minded, which I love. It makes a huge difference when you feel excited to go to work every day and are friends with your colleagues. The pay structure is a huge benefit as well, as the commissions are un-capped. We're all incentivized to do our jobs well and keep our customers happy. There's also a ton of opportunity for growth in the company as the culture is to educate and promote from within, instead of hire from the outside. I've seen countless colleagues get promoted multiple times.

Cons

With this company, you get out what you put into it. It is a lot of hard work and patience to bring on and retain new customers, so if you're looking for a standard job instead of a career, where you're not required to put in a lot of hard work and time, then this might not be the company for you.

"'Great place to work'"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic company culture, working with young, like-minded people, no cap on what you earn, a global company so ability to move overseas.

Cons

It takes time to build a portfolio of clients.

8. "If you're perseverant and a self-starter, you can do VERY well."

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time

Pros

Great company culture, very inclusive. Potential to earn a lot of money and to advance.

Cons

Work-life balance: may require long hours. Technology lacking.

Continue reading
  9. "Business Development Manager"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, great company culture, nice office

Cons

commission is difficult to attain, a ton of cold calls

"A career I never expected!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great growth & development opportunities; enthusiastic company culture; value staff; ability to move around within the company and other cities/countries; flat leadership structure; celebrate individual and team achievements

Cons

Some longer hours from time to time;

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 English Reviews