Corporate Traveler Employee Reviews about "corporate traveler"

Updated 8 Mar 2020

4.1
Corporate Traveler President  Amanda Vining (no image)
Amanda Vining
Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life balance wasn't always great(in 12 reviews)

• "Base salary which is competitive but you have the capability to earn as much as you'd like with no cap(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "corporate traveler"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Simply Fantastic"

Current Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Boston, MA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Corporate Traveler for almost 10 months now and it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Everyone is always willing to help you when you are new to the company. Leadership is approachable and wants you to reach your highest potential. The president of the company will come to our floor and check on each and everyone, regularly. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned agent, Business Development Manager or Area Leader, it does not matter, you always feel equal and never less than. I have been in the corporate world for a very long time and I can say with confidence that CT is the first place I have ever seen this type of equality exhibited in a workplace. Familiarization trips are regularly offered to agents as well. This gives agents the opportunity to go anywhere in the world in order to meet their clients face to face. I see a bright future at Corporate Traveler and I highly recommend it.

Cons

You must be a self starter and motivated. Hours can be long, so this job is not for someone with a weak work ethic. You make your own luck at this company. Individual team leaders could be stronger.

"Incredible Company, People, & Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked at Corporate Traveler for over 5 years now and I absolutely love it. Pros include: The people I work with! Everyone in the company (all the way up to senior leadership) is very supportive, accessible, and celebrates each other’s successes & will offer assistance when you need it. I find this company to be much more collaborative and welcoming than a lot of other corporate work environments...it’s definitely not a “every person for themselves” type of company. People work hard, but they have a lot of fun too. That goes from the day to day office work, to company sponsored events or conferences. CT is big on recognizing its’ people, and also investing in tools that will help them do their job better and more efficiently. There are lots of opportunities for growth/advancement and the promotion of people from within is always happening. Compensation is competitive and offers a lot of room for reward for those who work hard. Most importantly though, I love what I do and believe in all that CT has to offer. (I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t, in fact that is why I left my prior company!) At CT, I know that everyone on my team has the same passion for delivering the best service & solutions for our customers and ensuring their happiness, which is important because travel management isn’t a one-man show! I’m proud to work somewhere in which those around me have the same mission and are committed to delivering the best for our clients. And as the world around us is evolving, CT has been heavily invested in delivering new innovations that will continually enhance what we have to offer our customer base which is so important nowadays. Also, as someone who loves to travel working at CT has opened up opportunities that I never would have imagined, allowing me to take my family to parts of the world they’ve never been and making memories we will cherish forever. In sum: I love what I do, the people I work with, the company culture, and the value we deliver to our customers, and all the amazing benefits of working for the Flight Centre family of companies! I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

Cons

No company, job, or person is perfect. (But CT is pretty perfect for me!) I think it's more important for people to realize what aspects of the BDM role could be a "con" for them (while for others a major "pro"!), For example, many people may think this is a con: This job requires self-motivation, patience, and the willingness to work hard to get the results you want. Starting as a BDM, think of it as building your own business. Getting any new business off the ground is going to take dedication and a lot of efforts upfront before you start seeing the results/payoff, while hoping that in the end you will succeed. One needs patience and the ability to pick yourself up when you fail and keep on going. You may need to get by on just the salary for six to twelve while you are building your business. This is a “con” for many, but for others they accept that this is part of the process and believe that they too can achieve the success they see around them. So if you want to just come to work and “go through the motions” all day until its time to go home, then this isn’t the type of role for you. Another thing that may be a “con” for some individuals, is that you need to be a team-player here. This is not a good fit for someone who cannot work well in an environment where other people play a role in your success.

3. "Fun & Rewarding Career within Travel!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and company culture are two of the top reasons for my love for Corporate Traveler (CT). There is also a great deal of upward mobility both within the brand of CT and Flight Center, CT's parent company. With offices across the US and globe there are opportunities for travel and flexible working which I find greatly appealing. Compensation is fair and there is great potential for a successful career within sales. Although a large multi-national company, individual offices and teams have the feeling of a small family run company and support is readily available.

Cons

Traditional in office 9-5 is somewhat inflexible compared to many sales roles.

4. "Lots of growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 6 years and moved over when I was working with Corporate Traveler when they were a client of mine at a previous job. I was originally interested in applying for a job with them when it was apparent that not only did they have a really contagious culture of people, but I was really drawn to their consistent successes month after month. Since moving over, I have held 3 leadership positions, 2 of which were newly created in order to accommodate the rapid growth. Never would I have imagined in looking for a new job that I would have made the career path that I have been afforded at Corporate Traveler.

Cons

I am only listing this as a con because I think it is important to be aware of, but I find it to actually be a pro for myself. No matter what level of management you hold, you are still held to a sales quota. I personally like this because it keeps everyone in touch with what the changes in the industry are, allowing management to be relevant when helping others with meetings. When in these positions, it does often require working beyond the typical 9-5:30 hours, but it allows you to still control your earnings from your own sales (and the payouts are worth it!) In other words, you get out what you put in.

5. "Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are so many reasons I love working at Corporate Traveler. The people have to be #1. From the remote offices to the large travel centers, the culture runs so deep at this company, it's unlike anywhere else I have worked before and seriously attracts the best, brightest and most fun people. The opportunity to end up anywhere you could imagine is always possible. I've traveled so many places around the world while here and can't imagine a better career for myself. I've had quite a long sales career and there is no comparison!

Cons

While a large global company with over 20,000 people, some offices like Atlanta are a small office environment.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Travel Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Corporate Traveler is a company that allows you to find where you best fit/belong and Management is very supportive in that aspect. It gives you a feeling of being in control of your destiny and keeps you wanting to stay with the same company rather than looking elsewhere if you ever become unhappy. Your voice is definitely heard. The atmosphere is work hard, play hard and the expectations can be high but if you find yourself in the right team working with the right people who you enjoy the rewards are huge and very fulfilling.

Cons

It can be a very challenging job to learn at first dealing when with the GDS system where flights are booked, if you've never been a travel agent before.

7. "An Awesomely Fun Adventure"

4.0
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for Corporate Traveler for over 5 years and it has been an amazing experience. I had never worked in travel before and absolutely fell in love with the company and the industry! From where I started I really appreciate that one of the company goals is to make sure their people are heard and encouraged to move into another position if they want to. That is what I did and I couldn't be happier! The work is certainly challenging, interesting, different every day, and takes a lot of customer service. There is a ton of stuff to learn and keep on top of so you get the sense that you are always learning and growing in your skills. I really appreciate that the company knows how hard we work and does their best to reward the employees in different ways that are fun. My coworkers are awesome so even on bad days I can lean on them for support. It is a great young atmosphere that keeps things fun and lively.

Cons

If you aren't the kind of person that can easily step away from work then you will not have a good work life balance because there is always something more to do, and travel never stops. There can be a lot of travel involved so if you have to be home for your family it takes a lot of precise scheduling.

Continue reading
  8. "Rewarding, Flexible & Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked for Corporate Traveler for 3 years now, and really enjoy my job. The company culture is very inclusive and open-minded, which I love. It makes a huge difference when you feel excited to go to work every day and are friends with your colleagues. The pay structure is a huge benefit as well, as the commissions are un-capped. We're all incentivized to do our jobs well and keep our customers happy. There's also a ton of opportunity for growth in the company as the culture is to educate and promote from within, instead of hire from the outside. I've seen countless colleagues get promoted multiple times.

Cons

With this company, you get out what you put into it. It is a lot of hard work and patience to bring on and retain new customers, so if you're looking for a standard job instead of a career, where you're not required to put in a lot of hard work and time, then this might not be the company for you.

"Work Hard, Play Hard Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for this organization for over 7 years. It is a fantastic company, but not for everyone. Pros: - MULA: You can make a lot of money, but you have to work hard. (it's clear that other negative posts on this site are from people who don't want to work hard...if that's you, then this job is not for you) - PEOPLE: The people that you work with are awesome. Yes...there are some crazy's, but there are crazy's in every company. Majority are really fun. - CULTURE: Not your typical stuffy corporate culture. Some people have trouble transferring from the Corporate world to the Corporate Traveler world. I mentioned work hard above...but PLAY hard is also a big part of this culture. - FLEXIBILITY - if you are successful with this company, nobody cares how your organize your day or run your business - CHANGE: The company is always changing, growing, adding new divisions, etc. People who hate change would call this a CON...but I add it on my PRO list. Change means fast mobility upward in the company. Lots of management opportunities earlier on in your career. Within a couple years as a Sales person, I was managing my own sales team in 3 different cities. There is also opportunities to work in different states or even different countries. - TRAVEL: With this company I traveled to Singapore, Panama, Mexico, multiple islands in the Caribbean and all over the US. It afforded me many opportunities to see the world. - INCENTIVES: They not only have monetary incentives in place, but they do a great job recognizing individual successes and milestones.

Cons

-COLD CALLING - Be prepared to cold call. The more calls you make, the more money you'll make (the good thing is, they make it fun and add different prizes/incentives with it) - WEEKEND TRAVEL: The conferences are AMAZING, however, it would be better if they weren't over the weekend (which is impossible because the travel agents need to be helping their clients M-F). - FLEXIBILITY: (A pro and a con) - Although there is a lot of flexibility for successful individuals, it is encouraged to be in the office everyday (when not on sales appointments). Although, this worked for me at first, it ultimately was one of the reasons I left the organization, because I didn't want to commute a total of 2 hours every day.

"Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time

Pros

Pro's: The territory size is nice - there are many companies to call on so its not difficult to find leads. The job is 50% in the office and 50% out of the office attending meetings. Corporate Traveler has a unique service offering so its easy to differentiate ourselves from competitors. Our travel managers are very good at their jobs so it is easy to sell a service that I believe in. The growth opportunities here really are endless. I have found my career at Corporate Traveler.

Cons

We do not have the day after Thanksgiving off unfortunately.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 English Reviews