Corporate Traveler Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 27 Oct 2020

4.0
Corporate Traveler President  Amanda Vining (no image)
Amanda Vining
Pros
Cons
  • "Work Life balance wasn't always great(in 12 reviews)

• "Base salary which is competitive but you have the capability to earn as much as you'd like with no cap(in 9 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing Company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time

Pros

Great company culture, positive environment and lots of room to grow and make money. It all depends on how much work you put into it.

Cons

Work Life balance wasn't always great. Had potential to have extremely stressful days depending on weather.

2. "Fun Rewarding Workplace"

Current Employee - Travel Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture is Australian and really fun. Lots of company parties and events. Great travel perks. On the job training. Flexible workplace allows remote workers and easy to take leave.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to manage, especially in the first year. As it is mainly sales based, salary can be low until you receive enough clients.

3. "An Awesomely Fun Adventure"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for Corporate Traveler for over 5 years and it has been an amazing experience. I had never worked in travel before and absolutely fell in love with the company and the industry! From where I started I really appreciate that one of the company goals is to make sure their people are heard and encouraged to move into another position if they want to. That is what I did and I couldn't be happier! The work is certainly challenging, interesting, different every day, and takes a lot of customer service. There is a ton of stuff to learn and keep on top of so you get the sense that you are always learning and growing in your skills. I really appreciate that the company knows how hard we work and does their best to reward the employees in different ways that are fun. My coworkers are awesome so even on bad days I can lean on them for support. It is a great young atmosphere that keeps things fun and lively.

Cons

If you aren't the kind of person that can easily step away from work then you will not have a good work life balance because there is always something more to do, and travel never stops. There can be a lot of travel involved so if you have to be home for your family it takes a lot of precise scheduling.

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Flight Centre Travel Group for 4 years. Within my time here I have traveled all over the world, worked in 3 different positions, been promoted multiple times and rewarded for hard work. I have experienced some of the smartest and best leadership and have continued to grow professionally. I never feel like just a number but rather a valued employee. I am grateful to have this job and have also referred two other people who now also work for the company. If you are doing well, they constantly reward you. You also get automatic perks just for working here and are able to find discounted travel for your vacation. They give pretty decent PTO, benefits, and 401K etc.

Cons

There can sometimes be a struggle for work life balance when I was in some of my other roles however they are currently implementing a system to be live by EOY which is going to free up a lot of time for everyone. Sometimes working off commission can be stressful as well.

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Corporate Traveller Manager in Durban

I worked at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perks Salary Customer relationships Growth of knowledge Team spirit

Cons

Retirement annuity After hours service BEE No work life balance Benefits

6. "Like it so much I came back"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is very open and inclusive from the top down and is run on philosophies that align with my values. Though some reviews have said base pay is low, we are very well compensated with an unlimited commission structure. I left for a year and a half and decided to come back. In the time I was away, they've taken steps to improve work/life balance, diversity, technology, and the client experience. Our leadership group is driving decisions based on client feedback and making smart investments to put us in a great position for the future.

Cons

With change there are always growing pains. This leads to higher stress levels until we've all adjusted.

Continue reading

"Access to travel perks...at a cost"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Travel perks are accessible thanks in part to industry partners looking to promote their airlines, hotels, etc.

Cons

Work life balance is non existent. They promote a “work hard, play hard” environment but the only ones working hard are those in the front lines with a minimum salary while upper management receives the high end commissions. There’s lots of greed when it comes time to reward sales performance- the sales team only earns a minimum % for a limited time and the rest goes to management. Sales team is forced to begin receiving commission when a client begins transacting which often times is at a minimum amount. Then, after the client is ramped up and transacting at their full potential, the sales team is no longer incentivized on it which yields to even bigger commissions to management and none to the sales team that took months or sometimes years to onboard the client. Upper management promotes accessibility but really only welcomes those few individuals that are part of their inner circle. You must be an office politics expert to work here. If you aren’t, they’ll literally mop the floor with you and ring you dry. It’s a “dog eat dog” environment where people smile to your face but are quick to backstab when they see fit. Accounts and opportunities are taken away if someone who has seniority (is part of the inner circle) wants them.

Continue reading

"Busy but well compensated"

Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent commission structure Good growth opportunity Get out what you put in Can move to literally any major US city for an opportunity if you so want Great fun culture

Cons

Work life balance at not great Very long hours Pressure in operations small teams when colleagues are on vacation Pay is made up so heavily on commission that it has the ability to change overnight which can also be a bad thing Technology is outdated but improving

"Travel Manager"

2.0

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time

Pros

travel benefits, opportunity to make good commissions

Cons

outdated technology, no work/life balance,

10. "Engaging, Challenging, Rewarding & Constant Growth."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Corporate Traveler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Higher management is very accessible and helpful. Transparent Structure throughout the company. Corporate conferences are well ran and exciting. Team structure is extremely supportive on the sales team & operations. Ability to connect with C-levels with other companies throughout your area and nationwide. Employee travel/vacation is encouraged. The company is fast growing with terrific opportunity. Work/life balance is one of the best I've been a part of.

Cons

Base salary which is competitive but you have the capability to earn as much as you'd like with no cap. You don't walk right into commission like some sales job, you have to work to build a portfolio of clients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews