Cox Communications Reviews

4.1
Cox Communications President Pat Esser
Pat Esser
1,362 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits - remote work - flexible hours(in 269 reviews)

• "Good benefits, Good Product, good people(in 196 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cable won't be lasting very much longer, this coming from a 20 year employee(in 46 reviews)

• "Not tech support but more of a robot now following a unstable program that doesn't know anything(in 45 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

I love it so far

7 Apr 2021 - Customer Retention Agent in Gdańsk
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The training is adapted to new & experienced people. - The trainers are very down to earth. - The fact that the company is very family oriented is huge and makes me feel I joined the right company. - The onboarding team was so helpful and talk to you like they really want you to be part of the team vs just another applicant. - They make the ambiance around you feel warm and welcoming.

Cons

- You have to write cons. - By working here you are less likely to get hit by lightning and thus less likely to become the flash.

1 person found this review helpful

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for the kind words! It's great to hear that your Cox career journey is off to a great start. Employees are the heartbeat of our company and we're proud to know that you feel happy and valued at Cox. We appreciate you sharing your feedback on your trainer, and we will make sure to pass that along to their manager. Thanks for your commitment to building a better future. Keep up the great work!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

great company,but needed to move on

11 Oct 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Deer Valley, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

people oriented,success driven , a learning organisation

Cons

too finance driven,task minded and capital heavy

3. 2.0

The Truth

14 Jun 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

In all in fair, i will say Cox Communications offers a work life balance in their retail stores, which most retailers today do not offer. The Health benefits aren't the greatest but aren't bad neither. I was very fortunate to have great management but not great leaders. They constantly provided free food and events that other mangers did not offer in their stores but had a very poor direction in leading the team and trying to make you better.

Cons

- Constantly getting yelled out by customers due to Cox services being very poor. - High unrealistic quotes that Cox expects but do not wish to pay you high dollar for your return. This postion is very " entry " level and do not expect to make more than 45K if you are a high performer coming from a different environment, youll be waisting your time. If for some reason you mange to make a good salary they will have you on the radar and do everything they can in their power to get rid of you. They do not want high performers but instead someone thats going to hit the regular quota and make them alot of money,

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Don't

8 Jun 2021 - Back Office Support in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will pay for some higher education expenses and employees would do well to take advantage of that. Tuition reimbursement ($5000 per year) is the best thing Cox has to offer and it helps employees to leave the company for a better position. Cox has a carefully balanced plan to make the work taxing enough that employees are left with little energy to look elsewhere along with paying just enough that they are willing to go on putting up with a lot of BS for quite a long while. A lot of time and energy is spent on PR and lip service is given to diversity and inclusion, but when you look at actions, it is a good old boys club.

Cons

Poor leadership permeates this company. Pettiness is standard. For example, leadership will follow people to the bathroom to validate that they are actually on a bathroom break. There are few opportunities for people who are not related to someone else. Raises are annual and do not keep up with cost of living increases and are not competitive. If you are in a customer facing position, be prepared to accept abuse from customers with a smile and do not expect leaders to treat you with dignity or respect.

Employment Branding Specialist

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. It’s always our goal to create a workplace where our team members enjoy a positive experience, and it’s disappointing you didn’t feel that way. Customer service can often be challenging, so we really appreciate what our customer facing employees do at Cox. We're always seeking to understand how we can improve the experience for our customer service employees, so thank you for sharing your input. Know that we take your review to heart and will discuss this feedback with our leaders. We appreciate your time at Cox and wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Opportunity To Learn About Telecommunications Project Management

4 May 2021 - Construction Services Support Specialist I in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

High visibility across the department. It was not unusual to be in meetings where the Director or VP of the department was present. Also unique opportunity to work with colleagues across multiple divisions and positions.

Cons

Biggest downside is that there's not really a clearly defined career path that is viewable by internal employees. It would be nice if there were some sort of chart/table etc. that gave a roadmap of what a career journey might potentially look like. There's also not really any transparency on salaries. Pay ranges can vary in any given department. Some people might make $16 per hour, while others are making $25 per hour and it's within the same department without any clear reason why?

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for the review- we appreciate your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time at Cox. We’re disappointed that you are having a difficult time finding the opportunity to grow with us. Across Cox, many employees advance, pivot their careers or naturally grow into new roles. We recommend taking advantage of resources like our mentorship program, Learn@Cox, etc. to accelerate your growth. Thanks for your commitment to building a better future. Keep up the great work!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent company for employee benefits

13 Jun 2021 - IT Support in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Benefits PTO Friendly environment Incentives In house promoting

Cons

Pay could absolutely be higher . Also, you’re Ranked off of the use of company tools. Tools often do not function properly making it incredibly hard to score top scores. But it’s all a learning curve and nothing you can’t figure out how to make work for you.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Terrible job if you value your mental health!

3 Jun 2021 - Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

They paid well, if you keep the customer from cancelling you keep commission from your bucket. Too many customers cancel (moving, out of your control) you lose your budget bucket commission. The top earners told me exactly what to do to keep the commission. My integrity would not let me treat other people that way. Trust me sometimes it’s not worth the money. This toxic environment is one real example.

Cons

People place people on hold long enough for the customer to hang up and not cancel. This behavior is rewarded, not customer service! People who do right and treat the customer decently are not needed there. I have never been treated so horribly by a company.

Employment Branding Specialist

Thank you for providing feedback. Customer service can often be challenging, so we really appreciate what our call center employees do at Cox. We're always seeking to understand how we can improve the experience for our customer service employees, so thank you for sharing your input. We appreciate you including Cox in your career journey, assisting our customers and providing this feedback. We will certainly pass it along to our leadership teams. We appreciate your time at Cox and the time you took to write this review.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

16 Jun 2021 - Field Service Technician in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Don't have multiple heat related incidents or will be let go

9. 5.0

Great Place To Work

15 Jun 2021 - Media Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Work Life Balance at Cox.

Cons

The Commmision is great but the base salary leaves much to be desired.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One month in and love it

19 May 2021 - Solution Specialist in Virginia Beach, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

My position has 8 weeks of training ad well as on the floor work. The training team has been great. I love the virtual environment that allows me to meet other associates from around the country. My in store team has been great, assisting me with all questions as I learn everything I need ab out my new position.

Cons

Nothing yet. It has been great. Even knowing the goals that will be assigned just lets me know my salesmanship will be challenged, but in a good way.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,602 Reviews