Criteo Senior Software Engineer Reviews

1. "Nice culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer

I worked at Criteo full-time

Pros

nice culture / you can thrive if you are outstanding

Cons

Cannot think of any now

Criteo People Team

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Criteo. Thanks for leaving a review.

2. "Great technical challenges and smart people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Surrounded by smart people - Recent technical landscape - Challenging technical challenges - Keeping on learning new things - Freedom of means - Great atmosphere at work

Cons

- Heavy processes for POCs and evaluation

Criteo People Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had a positive interview experience with Criteo.

"Excellent mix of french and US work cultures"

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to learn new. I learned quite a bit of machine learning and got some hands on experience with ML even though I did not have prior experience. They even gave me 3 weeks full time ML training Work trips to Paris Excellent work-life balance (hey, I had 23 (!) days of vacation)

Cons

HQ is in Paris so we adapt to them. That means a lot of 8AM (sometimes 7) meetings. At least one (or even two) trips to HQ Communication is a bit hard. I think there is a cultural barrier between offices.

Criteo People Team

Thank you for leaving a review and sharing some of the key highlights and benefits of working at Criteo.

"Great place to work in tech in Paris"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Paris
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People-centric management, opportunities to grow - Very smart and kind people - R&D is at the heart of the company - Good perks and salary - Innovative culture

Cons

- Getting bigger with all the negative impact on collaboration - Advertising is not the sexiest product (appart from the technical side)

Continue reading

"best of french and us work cultures"

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

One can leave very big impact because Palo Alto office is used for new project|products and they are mostly independent from HQ. So you have a feel of midsize company (think 50 engineers) but stability and perks of big company (~500 engineers). They like initiative and encourage engineers to think about big picture and come up with what to do. And the last point is cool cultural mix. The company was born in France but french are minority in this office so don't be afraid of being overwhelmed. As for work and life balance. I keep hearing that so much from my friends working in Sillicon Valley. I think Criteo is unique in SV. Work-life balance here is not something HR are trying to force for people not to burn out. It is natural here. Just look at amount of day offs and respected holidays.

Cons

There is 10 hours difference with HQ

"Great to be with and a-typical company, really worth discovering."

4.0

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work environment, relationships and incentives are sane and positive. People in your teams have a good skills and they are happy to be here and willing to help or to improve. The feeling that "we are in the same boat" dominates largely over any scope rivalry or counter productive incentives. The engineering culture is largely bottom-up: as individual contributor you can really push ideas or technologies through, you are encouraged (and reasonably well empowered) to take ownership of anything relevant. The culture is pretty international and taps into an interesting mix of "typical" US and French cultures, especially combining lightweight hierarchy with large autonomy in our missions.

Cons

Criteo is a bit "in-between" and this fuzzyness can be unsettling: not yet a giant of tech but not a startup any longer ; you are encouraged to challenges the rules but within established processes ; you are empowered also mean you can not expect precise scopes and objectives in some respect. Personally I like this in-between globally, but it can be exhausting at time and you have to be okay with this "meta-game".

7. "Senior Software Engineer"

Senior Software Engineer in Paris

I have been working at Criteo

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology at Large scale.

Cons

Main R&D base in only in Paris.

"Fast growing company with great perks"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellflower, CA

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than a year

Pros

High quality engineers, fun environment, and yearly summit that sends you to awesome place (like Paris) with the rest of the company!

Cons

All major developments are still in Paris headquarter, though US is gaining momentum but still way to go.

HR Director, Americas

Hi there - thank you so much for your feedback! Absolutely agree when you're at Criteo, you get to work with some of the smartest engineers in the world! We know the challenges of having the engineering function split between Paris and Palo Alto is a difficult one, but it's been amazing to see the growth of the Palo Alto team over the last few years, and we're excited to see more of that going forward! Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it.

"Excellent opportunity to work on key products"

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Each employee at Criteo is a key part of the success of its products. As part of the R&D team, I am working on building a new product that can significantly boost the company's revenue, and each team member is directly contributing to that. We are working on cool and proven technologies, and dealing with highly scalable applications, in real time, on Hadoop. The management is recognizing the work of each individual and is striving to have their employees grow and evolve where they want to. There is an excellent team spirit within the company where all employees are very helpful and providing the right support, both inside or outside the direct team.

Cons

At times, we have to raise our voice to make some technical decisions and make sure we are moving as fast as we would like. All in all, it makes a good tradeoff between keeping a fast-paced environment and an already working platform up and running.

HR Director, Americas

Hi - thanks for your very positive review, and glad you're feeling so highly about Criteo! We're focused on rapidly growing our engineering team in the Bay Area, so your feedback on this team is all the more critical. If there's anything more we can be doing, of course please reach out to your leadership or HR.

"Startup mindset with lot of means"

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Paris

I have been working at Criteo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Paris office is awesome. A lot of pationate people and challenging problems to solve and multiple technologies to play with (.net, frontend things, java, hadoop world, probably all existing nosql stuffs on the market... :) ) Start up mindset, nerf guns, flexible working hours and a flat management hierarchy. Purely tech career paths are clearly promoted. Which is unique in France. A Principal Developer can get as much money than a manager of 40 persons. You won't find better in France.

Cons

lot of paperworks added when the company became public on 2013

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews