Cromwell Tools Reviews

Updated 30 Apr 2021

4.4
Cromwell Tools Chief Executive Neil Jowsey
Neil Jowsey
Pros
  • "Their is a great sense of team spirit around the company which makes it a 'Great Place to Work'(in 12 reviews)

• "We have an incredible leadership team who care about their people(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have made great progression towards my career goals at Cromwell Tools(in 22 reviews)

• "Made many mistakes under previous senior management(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great focused leadership, strategy and direction True team ethos and friendly, supportive environment Employee focus where everyone can have a voice, make a contribution and impact if they want to. The company support and consideration during the pandemic has been truly outstanding.

Cons

I can't really think of anything, I am looking forward to continuing my career with Cromwell

2. COVID-19

"A Great Welcome To an Organisation"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Learning and Development Specialist in Dyserth, Wales, Wales

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for less than a year

Pros

No hierarchy in the business, it has felt easy to access the senior team. There is a desire to do things better across the organisation. I have experienced a highly engaged team both in HR and within other parts of the business. It feels like people genuinely want to help each other.

Cons

Currently unable to meet people due to pandemic.

April 28, 2021Head of Talent & Organisational Development

Thank you for your review and taking the time to give feedback. We truly value our people and want to ensure Cromwell a great place to work - a place to grow, perform and love so it’s great to hear that you feel we are doing this. Thank you!

3. COVID-19

"Cromwell becoming a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head Office

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time

Pros

2020 has been a good year to be an employee of Cromwell. The Leadership team has not only committed to keeping it's customers safe but it has placed emphasis on duty of care to us as people and our loved ones. We have been treated with respect, kindness and consideration. We have celebrated our 50th birthday with everyone across the business; UK and international receiving a £50 gift card newsletter with goodies. We've also received care packages, had access to emergency loans, enhanced sick pay, 100% furlough pay and keyworkers receiving a token bonus. Communication has been the best it has ever been; informative, caring and regular. We have not felt alone during the pandemic. Friends and Family have commented on the responsible approach Cromwell has taken, they have not received any form of support in particular around wellbeing or regular checks ins. We've had fun too! We have been encouraged to use our EAP Careline, we've been invited to mental health webinars and have our own portal with useful resource links to a whole range of advice; practically and other. We've donated products to charities and non profit causes, schools and healthcare. We've provided expertise and support to customers. Our customer feedback is encouraging that we are doing the right thing and confidence is coming back. We are proud to have received BSC assurance for our overall safety approach. There have been so many incentives for employees this year, we are all looking forward to making 2021 even more special in Cromwell's history. Here is to our success story! Thank you Cromwell

Cons

In some areas; the benefits could be improved such as holiday entitlement, life assurance and pension rates

November 30, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your contribution to Cromwell to date. We are pleased you've recognised that during the pandemic, the safety of you and your loved ones, alongside our customers has been priority for us. We value everyone; those who have continued to work and equally those who have been on furlough. 50 years marked a special time in our history and even though our initial celebrations had to be cancelled, we really wanted to say thank you and take reflective pride in all that we've achieved together. With regards to your comments around benefits, we regularly review and benchmark against the market, and we believe we offer an overall competitive total reward package. However, we will share this feedback with our Reward team. If you have any specifics, please do share through your line manager, dedicated HR Business Partner, or send an email to communications. Thanks once again for your review.

4. "Great people and supportive company"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good leadership and teams. Responsible and caring. Likes to grow their staff to "have the best CV possible and never have to use it"

Cons

In a transition period at the moment so things can get a bit hectic!

5. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work, a company that really takes that seriously!"

Current Employee - Head of DC Operations in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Currently working through a period of transformation, with a strong leadership team and clear strategy that ensures everyone knows the part they play. The introduction of company core values ensures that we have the right people being added to the business and the great thing is you can truly make a difference. Everyone is asked to play an active role in putting the customer first and after joining a silo based business nearly three years ago I am pleased to say this cultural change will be the difference maker. Everything the company has done for its team members during the pandemic has been fantastic. Teamed with this the drive to develop leaders through training programmes, mental health first aid workshops and the opportunity to undertake apprenticeships have shown that the business values personal growth. Senior leaders are all approachable and supportive, ensuring that they project the core values rolled out as part of the business strategy.

Cons

No real cons at the moment. The business knows where it needs to improve and are very clear and open on what is being undertaken to do so.

January 9, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your contribution to Cromwell for over two years. We are pleased you recognise the continued transformation of our business and the overall positive impact for our people and our customers, valued in equal measure. 2020 was a challenging year for many. We take pride in knowing we have put our people first, ensuring priority has been given to colleagues and their loved ones' safety. This focus will continue throughout 2021 and beyond, through our clear strategy, purpose and overall goal, alongside our ambitions in creating a high performance culture. As a leader and role model in our business you are critical to our success, and in making Cromwell a great place to work; a place to grow, perform and love what you do. Thanks once again for your review - and all you do!

6. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

dc managers communicate much better over the last year. Every day there is a briefing and every week there is a directors breifing and managers lsiten and act on what we say. Pay is OK when you get different skills. I really like when managers take time to talk to me, making sure i am ok. its safe here

Cons

It is really busy. goods iin is very busy, with products constantly being pushed to the top of the list to keep availability right so you have to be able to work under pressure. Pay is minimum wage if you only have one skill

March 11, 2021Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for your commitment to Cromwell.

7. "Great people, great environment, a sense of one"

Current Employee - Sales Effectiveness Manager in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time

Pros

A great place to work, full of enthusiastic people who care about the companies success and each other. A sense of one team and equality. Hierarchy exists but is open and approachable, and numerous cross-functional projects run with a sense of purpose and fun. Have been with the company for 6 years and rarely consider looking elsewhere as I'd miss the pace, excitement and comradery too much. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a career change and to come and work for a company that cares about its own employees first and foremost and its customers as well.

Cons

Struggling to think of anything

January 21, 2021Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for your fantastic contribution for 6 years and taking the time to write this review, your enthusiasm for Cromwell is infectious and truly shines through.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time

Pros

Open and transparent management team Treat employees with respect Great benefits

Cons

No cons at all for this organisation

April 7, 2021Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for your service to Cromwell to date. We really appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear that you agree that Cromwell is a great place to work

9. COVID-19

"Impressive response to the Pandemic"

Current Employee - Manager in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great! The company has been exemplary in how it has dealt with the HR issues caused by the pandemic. Furlough has been carried out considerately and the company has ensured that all those furloughed have received 100% salary. Regular and frequent communication from SLT has maintained engagement. In this time of adversity I am proud to work for Cromwell.

Cons

The head office is situated in former Railway grounds and in the middle of a housing estate - access, parking are 2 of the problems caused by this location.

March 11, 2021Resourcing Business Partner

10. "Great Place to Work! #TeamCromwell"

Current Employee - Bids and Proposals in Leicester, England, England

I have been working at Cromwell Tools full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Cromwell is great! I look forward to work and really enjoy what I do everyday! The company have really invested in my learning & development and I have just started an Apprenticeship which am excited about. I am confident in saying that Cromwell will be the best in the Industry! I see myself being here for many many years and never think of leaving and joining another organisation, Cromwell are very clear about their goals and plans for the future and I want to be part of that success! Their is a great sense of team spirit around the company which makes it a 'Great Place to Work' Thankyou Cromwell for all that you have done for us!

Cons

Nothing, cannot think of one!

January 29, 2021Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and for your service to Cromwell to date. Its great to hear that you are enjoying your role and we are pleased that you agree that Cromwell is a great place to work. We wish you every success with your Apprenticeship and your future as part of the team. We wish you continued success and happiness with us. Thanks for your review once again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 197 Reviews