Cromwell Tools Reviews

Found 255 of over 256 reviews

4.4
Cromwell Tools Chief Executive Neil Jowsey
Neil Jowsey
Pros
  • "Currently working through a period of transformation, with a strong leadership team and clear strategy that ensures everyone knows the part they play(in 13 reviews)

• "Good environment and great people(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have made great progression towards my career goals at Cromwell Tools(in 24 reviews)

• "Made many mistakes under previous senior management(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

What a Great Place To Work

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really feel valued here - so many initiatives to create engagement and loyalty

Cons

I really can't think of anything

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you feel valued and you can see our sense of winning together. We have worked hard on our engagement and that has been reflected in brilliant engagement scores across the business. We wish you continued success with Cromwell!

2. 3.0

No progression or training

Jul 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people can be nice

Cons

Expected to go above and beyond to deliver without any remuneration or compensation.

3. 3.0

Blood out of a stone

Jun 30, 2022 - Warehouse Worker in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company progressing well in right direction

Cons

Pay structure unfair, new staff on 1k a year more than staff who have worked 10+ years ??? Like to squeeze blood out of a stone but do not merit the staff

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant Company Under Excellent Leadership

Jun 14, 2022 - Head of Digital Marketing in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture Good training and development

Cons

Steep learning curve to get to grips with wider business activity.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear your training and development has been good and that you are experiencing our culture of winning as one team. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture with a passion for excellent service

Jun 14, 2022 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great organisation with a very inclusive & collaborative culture, who put the customer experience at the very heart of the business. Cromwell are excellent at supporting all their employees, actively encouraging personal and professional development, with frequent opportunities for career progression. Senior leaders are open, approachable they make the time to listen and act on feedback. Cromwell really is a great place to work.

Cons

Genuinely, I’ve not really experienced any cons. However there is always a lot happening and usually at pace, so there are times it can feel full on, but there is always support available when the pressure is on.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and that you are enjoying your role. We are aware that everyone is working so hard for us to beat our targets so we appreciate all you're doing. We hope you stay for many more years to come!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One year on, and still impressed by Cromwell has to offer

Jun 14, 2022 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been a year since I joined, and no regrets whatsoever. I still come across lots of examples of how Cromwell does a really good job of investing in people and servicing customers in ways I would not normally expect of a company of this size. A lot of importance is attached to the impressive corporate culture round here. It's genuine, well-intentioned and supported by lots of activity to make this a Great Place to Work. Customers are really noticing this, and in turn their business is coming our way. Support from US parent company is helpful and not over-bearing. Some really smart, engaged, experienced and like-minded people work here, no two days are the same, and that makes it challenging, fun and stimulating. I also have a remarkable boss who really cares about my personal wellbeing, and that counts for a lot.

Cons

Nothing major I really worry about.

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your role and that you are finding the role rewarding. Also, we are glad to hear your manager is doing well and you can see our focus on keeping our people safe and healthy. We wish you many more successful years with us!

7. 3.0

Good Culture Bad Pay

Jun 22, 2022 - Warehouse Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

Harmonious work environment with a great team

Cons

It's impossible to rise higher or earn more money at the company

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a response. We are glad to hear you are feeling that we are a great place to work and that the culture is good for us all winning together. We have spent a lot of time improving our reward so i would encourage a conversation with your line manager or HRBP - we also have an internal career pathway that you could look into. We wish you continued success with us!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company to work, which is led by inspirational, hard working leaders

Jun 9, 2022 - Human Resources Business Partner in Wigston Parva, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, who always want to do the right thing. Our customers are at the forefront of everything we do and the Company is always looking at how we can improve the customer journey. Engagement is so important and the Company is totally on board with the correlation of happy colleagues = happy customers. So proud to work for a super energised Company and feel lucky to have a strong leadership team who are focused on doing the right thing , all of the time

Cons

Just keep working on the things that make a difference

Cromwell Tools Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you feel engaged and recognise how Cromwell are committed to doing the right thing. We are committed to being the easiest company to deal with and will continue to encourage feedback from team members. We wish you all the best.

9. 4.0

good place to work

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work culture is very good business is starting to move forward in the right directon

Cons

still behind in the pay scale and market rates and bonus scheme

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear our Great Place to Work award is being felt in culture and business progression. We have done a lot to improve reward and support our colleagues across the business and will continue to focus on this. We wish you all the best in your career with us!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Can't believe the difference

May 23, 2022 - Strategic Account Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked at Cromwell a number of years ago I cant believe the difference. The Leadership team have developed a culture that encourages a team spirit. A clear strategy with people at the core make it a great company to be part of.

Cons

I have no concerns to raise.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you can see the difference over the years and how we have grown and adapted over time. We have been dedicated to being the easiest company to deal with and winning as one team and nice to hear it is noticeable. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 255 Reviews

Cromwell Tools Reviews FAQs

Cromwell Tools has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 256 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Cromwell Tools to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cromwell Tools employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cromwell Tools. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

85% of Cromwell Tools employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cromwell Tools 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Cromwell Tools Job Seekers