CrossCountry Consulting Reviews

Updated 15 Jun 2020

4.8
CrossCountry Consulting Founding Partners Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility(in 12 reviews)

• "Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 10 reviews)

• "As with any small company experiencing rapid growth, there are some minor growing pains(in 8 reviews)

1. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, England

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great people, great culture - Engaged and supportive leadership

Cons

- Company is growing extremely quickly so will need to ensure that the culture that has been built is not diminished

Continue reading

"Not a consulting firm at all. Good culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

The people at CrossCountry are really nice and their is a great welcoming culture. Senior leadership are very impressive- That's it.

Cons

This IS NOT a consulting firm. It is a back office staffing organization that has terrible opportunities for its people. The only people they employ are those that couldn't make it at big 4 or other firms.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

July 18, 2016Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for writing a review and it’s unfortunate that you had this experience while at CrossCountry. We are a bit surprised by your staffing comment since we offer our consultants the opportunity to work on a broad scope of projects, opportunities, clients and industries within our different service lines. Hopefully you shared some more details and specifics during your exit interview so we can continue to develop and learn. Wishing you the best in your career.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good exposure to large companies and great pay

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time

4. "People-Focused company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

- People focused leadership style, approachable with any concerns - Flexibility of work/life balance driven by specific project/client

Cons

- Unclear guidance from direct supervisors

5. "Great company - really cares about employees"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

- Lots of learning and development opportunities - They market themselves as putting the people first and this is evident. - Great Leadership in Erik, Dave and the other partners. In my experience, they are very approachable and have an open door policy - Great coaching structure, lots of support

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

Loads of support, Strong team atmosphere

Cons

No real cons to add

7. "Everything you want in an employer"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

- clear and honest communication from management - leadership encourages and invites feedback on improvement and growth opportunities from all levels - decent salary - really good benefits

Cons

- none that I can think of - I love working here!

Continue reading
  8. "The Best Place I have worked"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

CrossCountry has a true people first culture and is a first mover in setting policies to empower their employees to work flexible while maintaining client responsibilities and personal commitments. The clients and colleagues are best in class allowing for a dynamic environment where all employees continue to learn and grow as professionals.

Cons

None - but as with any growing organization employees need to have a flexible growth mindset and be open to new challenges and experiences.

Continue reading
  9. "Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

- The culture first and foremost - A place where you can make life-long friends - Humble team with a great sense of humor - Team is collaborative and responsive - Leadership provides endless opportunities to be part of the growth - Leadership is fully committed to doing the right thing by the team - You don't have to be pigeonholed, if interested you can get exposure across multiple different service lines

Cons

As with any growing company there can be some growing pains, e.g. proactive and timely updates to processes/systems that support rapid growth.

10. "Consistent"

4.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

-Work/Life Balance is important to the company. While there are busy times you generally aren’t working crazy hours and get some flexibility with remote work on some clients. - The People - everyone you work with is qualified, friendly and a pleasure to work with. They work hard to preserve the culture through the recruiting process. - The work is consistent, sometimes not that challenging, but consistent. You generally don’t have to worry about utilization because a lot of the clients have long term engagements and they are growing fast so they have more opportunities than people to fill them right now.

Cons

-The pay and annual pay increases are generally below market. They try to compensate for this with other bonus opportunities, but I personally would rather have it in my base pay. -This is a con for most consulting firms but recognition and promotions can be political in terms of who you know in leadership that has your back and has seen your work ethic first hand. Not all clients require senior management oversight so your contributions can go unnoticed.

Found 120 reviews