CrossCountry Consulting Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated 13 Mar 2020

4.7
CrossCountry Consulting Founding Partners Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility(in 12 reviews)

• "Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 10 reviews)

• "As with any small company experiencing rapid growth, there are some minor growing pains(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in New York, England

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great people, great culture - Engaged and supportive leadership

Cons

- Company is growing extremely quickly so will need to ensure that the culture that has been built is not diminished

Continue reading
  2. "Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

- The culture first and foremost - A place where you can make life-long friends - Humble team with a great sense of humor - Team is collaborative and responsive - Leadership provides endless opportunities to be part of the growth - Leadership is fully committed to doing the right thing by the team - You don't have to be pigeonholed, if interested you can get exposure across multiple different service lines

Cons

As with any growing company there can be some growing pains, e.g. proactive and timely updates to processes/systems that support rapid growth.

Continue reading
  3. "A people-first company that supports professional growth & development!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company culture and a strong leadership team (the people here genuinely care about and support each other!) -Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility -Robust performance management program that supports individual professional development and growth

Cons

Working for a rapidly growing company can, by nature, lead to minor "growing pains" (constantly evolving roles, changing priorities, etc). In my experience, these "growing pains" can lead to additional opportunities for professional growth if you remain open-minded, positive, and flexible!

4. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is fantastic compared to other companies I've worked. They are extremely supportive of your goals and will give you what you need to succeed. Recruitment and onboarding were both great experiences and very organized. The people are wonderful to work with and everyone is highly skilled at what they do.

Cons

It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice.

Continue reading
  5. "Fantastic Collaboration and willingness to help"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been with CrossCountry a few months and I've been very impressed with the caliber of coworkers. Some great communication tools are provided and everyone has been eager and willing to jump in and help out. Whether is with challenges I've faced in balancing workload or issues I'm working through in a project, a quick 'anyone have a minute to look at something' is usually met with a number of 'Yes'. A great compensation incentive plan allows us to help build the business.

Cons

My Prior Company had more expansive Medical plans, but with a growing company, I can understand keeping the options more limited. Many worker are extremely busy (which makes the willingness to help even more impressive!) so hopefully the hiring plan will make a difference.

Continue reading

"Great place to work, great people"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, its all about the people here. Great variety of work projects

Cons

Smaller client base although the company is growing rapidly

CrossCountry Consulting Response

February 23, 2017HR Coordinator

Thank you for posting some of your thoughts! It's great to hear that you are enjoying our culture, the team, and the projects you have worked on!

7. "A Better Experience"

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

I love working at CrossCountry Consulting! Over my time at CCC I have worked with some of the best people in my career and across some extremely interesting projects. Lots of companies claim to have a people-first culture and don't deliver, but at CCC people first is truly a reality. Other pros include: - Talented co-workers - Supportive Management - Diverse experiences

Cons

As with any growing company there can be growing pains - and there have been some with regard to internal systems and some benefits. However, management is continually investing in the firm and soliciting advice, so I can honestly say that any issues I have had were considered and attempted to be resolved as soon as possible.

"Very misleading"

1.0
    Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CrossCountry Consulting

Pros

They pay for housing and pass the cost onto the Big 4 so you get to stay in great apartments. The hours were great cause you charge overtime so you get a decent bonus as well as overtime hours and pay. But this in no way compensates for their cons.

Cons

I found them very disorganized. They didn't know anything at most times. Seems the coordination team couldn't run a bath, but has to organize placements for a rapidly growing company. Didn't make sense. They were extremely difficult to deal with on a daily basis. Not knowing whether you would have a job the next week was really frustrating and to some extent worrying. The work was really boring - they are a body shop for Freddie Mac and the Big Four. When the big four need help Cross is begging to throw you under the bus for them. I'm very glad I'm not part of that system any more.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been at CrossCountry for almost a year. Having previously worked at consulting firms with very competitive environments, I experienced a breath of fresh air when I realized CCC is much more of a collaborative, supportive firm. It feels like a family because everyone genuinely cares about you, listens, and supports your ideas. I have never worked at a company where the Partners/COO ask to randomly take you out to lunch to get to know you and ensure you are having a good experience. Additionally, CrossCountry has supported my learning and provided me the opportunity to grow by providing me with funds to take appropriate courses for my career development. At previous companies, I was told I would have a budget to do this but when it came time to sign up for the course or certification, I was told “maybe next year.” I was very happy to see that they meant what they said! Lastly, they really listen- leadership doesn’t just take your feedback and pretend they are going to make changes. They are honest about their plans and follow up about what they intend to do to make a difference.

Cons

CrossCountry is a small but growing company. Nothing is ever perfect (for example there are no life insurance benefits, and I am not always happy with the project I’m on…but that’s just one project, not the rest of my career at the company). However, I feel that CrossCountry is growing smart and I am excited to stick around.

10. "Growing Company Where You Can Make a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a young and exciting company. It is only three years old - so you have the chance to make a huge impact on the trajectory of the firm. The vibe is great - - the leadership of the firm really emphasizes the four core values - which is always top of mind. There are many committees - some social, some philanthropic, some work related that you can get involved in to have fun and/or grow the firm. It is also fun as the firm branches out from its first early anchor clients to new clients in and around the DC region and beyond. The founders of the firm are involved on a day to day basis - which makes a huge difference. If you are looking for a challenge in an environment that is fast paced, fun and empowering - this is a good choice.

Cons

A young / smaller company may not be a right fit for everyone. Assignments tend to change as the projects come and go and the firm shifts priorities. You need to be open and willing to change and a bit of uncertainty - but that is the fun part if you have the right mind set. Like any rapidly growing company, the infrastructure at times has a hard time keeping up with the growth. Although at times that can be frustrating compared to a big firm where there are whole departments of infrastructure (marketing, IT, HR) that can help you. CrossCountry will get there - but you need to be willing to roll with it as the firms trajectory goes up.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews