CrossCountry Consulting Employee Reviews about "leadership team"

Updated 7 Feb 2020

4.7
CrossCountry Consulting Founding Partners Erik Linn & Dave Kay (no image)
Erik Linn & Dave Kay
Pros
  • "Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility(in 12 reviews)

• "Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a growing company so there are quirks here and there but they are usually already being addressed by the time you even notice(in 10 reviews)

• "As with any small company experiencing rapid growth, there are some minor growing pains(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "leadership team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A people-first company that supports professional growth & development!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company culture and a strong leadership team (the people here genuinely care about and support each other!) -Emphasis on work-life balance and flexibility -Robust performance management program that supports individual professional development and growth

Cons

Working for a rapidly growing company can, by nature, lead to minor "growing pains" (constantly evolving roles, changing priorities, etc). In my experience, these "growing pains" can lead to additional opportunities for professional growth if you remain open-minded, positive, and flexible!

Continue reading
  2. ""Best Place to Work" is an Understatement"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible support from leadership and colleagues. From the executive leadership team, to my direct managers, to employees across the country who I have yet to meet in person--every CrossCountry employee truly embodies the company's commitment to culture. - Opportunities for growth. After only a couple months, I have already been offered countless opportunities to shape my role. Employees are encouraged to engage in work that interests them and requirements for advancement are clearly outlined. - Unmatched work/life balance. CrossCountry recognizes each employee as an individual and offers ample flexibility in day to day scheduling.

Cons

Occasional growing pains. But these have allowed me to take on responsibilities in exciting new areas.

"8 years and counting....couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The leadership team here (Directors and above) is nothing short of amazing. They are all very talented and smart, but they also do a great job of being approachable and building their teams - both professionally and with fun team events. They are very vested in the growth and advancement of the consultants - the personal coaching relationship are very effective in offering one on one guidance, tailored training plans, and discussing areas for growth and improvement. As the firm continues to grow, we are attracting great talent and big name clients. Even with all of the growth, the two owners of the company are still available/approachable and are just as connected to the company - they are definitely not the kind that are sitting in their office all day - they make a concerted effort to meet with people and really understand how everyone is doing. The internal operations team is extremely strong and they make sure things are running smoothly. Our recruiting team is one of the best - they find the best consultants and are some of the friendliest people to work with. And finally, the leadership team has been smart about maintaining the culture of the company during the rapid growth. Consulting will always come with its mix of projects - sometimes you have great clients, sometimes you have challenging clients. Sometimes you have super exciting, high profile strategic work, and other times you are helping more with day to day operations. But regardless of the kind of work you are doing, you can be guaranteed you will be surrounded by amazing and supportive coworkers.

Cons

Rapid growth can come with its challenges (but that will happen anywhere growing this quickly). As the company grows, our people are more and more spread out across the country, so its harder to maintain personal contact with people.

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Manging Consultant

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Culture that emphasizes core values, specifically requesting nominations during biweekly calls to recognize peers. -Abundance of communication during recruitment and onboarding -Team environment, always willing to jump in and help each other. -Multiple internal Committees to join, helpful as remote employee to engage with coworkers -Leadership team is approachable, responsive to feedback and constantly checking in. Truly care about their employees.

Cons

Have not experienced any cons so far!

5. "Very impressed so far"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very responsive hiring & leadership team; have felt welcomed since my first interviews; opportunities to contribute abound from Day 1. The compensation package was competitive with other firms including Big 4.

Cons

Health care cost is higher than expected and some benefits common in the industry (wellness, mobile phone coverage, legal plans, etc) are not yet implemented

Continue reading

"Great company that is growing the right way!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Vienna, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most companies that go through period of large growth will suffer as a result. Here, they have done a great job at maintaining the culture - the thing that makes CrossCountry unique. The leadership team really is engaged - they truly do care and regularly interact with employees at all levels. You never feel like you are left out there alone. I've had some of the best career guidance that I've ever had while working here - not just how to excel on a project, but how to be a better consultant. There are so many great consultants here that you can always learn something - whether that is client management skills, technical skills, team building skills, etc.

Cons

It is a consulting company - so you will have some long hours, you will have difficult clients, but this is what consultants do. They pay overtime, so you know if you have some extra hours that you will get compensated for it.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

April 9, 2018Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel our culture and engagement with employees has not changed over the course of our growth the past few years. We won’t lose sight of what makes us unique and special, maintaining our culture is our top priority!

7. "A great place to be!"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic senior leadership team who embody the core values of CrossCountry. Consultants are given the opportunity to grow through training, interaction with their coaching families and through client engagements and it really is a fantastic place to be if you are coming out of Big 4 or a training program at another consulting firm.

Cons

The company is expanding so quickly that not all infrastructure is in place that you would expect to see at a top Management Consulting firm. Leadership team however are extremely aware of this and are continuously adapting and implementing new policies/processes to keep up with the growth.

8. "Excellent Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good culture which is seen from the top-down. Entire leadership team is really engaging and supportive. Interview and pre-screening process was very well managed.

Cons

None noted in my time to date.

"Delightful culture and team"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can't say enough good things. I have unwavering faith in the leadership team to continue hiring and grooming great leaders, and allowing them the room to make their own imprint on the firm, open new markets, and drive growth. Erik and Dave and the partners manage to do this while remaining extraordinarily humble, true to the core values, and accessible to all employees. Can't forget the top-notch operations team required to build and keep everything running smoothly behind the scenes, too!

Cons

Be patient through the pains of rapid growth and you'll be rewarded! Leadership listens to feedback and is continually driving change with employees and clients in mind.

CrossCountry Consulting Response

November 10, 2016HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate all of the positive comments you have left. Our leadership team really strives to go above and beyond to provide a great experience to all employees. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed working here and that you can see and feel the team being true to our core values.

"Best People. Best Leadership. Best Company."

Current Employee - Associate Director in McLean, VA

I have been working at CrossCountry Consulting full-time

Pros

I've worked at CrossCountry since nearly the beginning and it has been great to see the tremendous growth over the years. I feel that alot of companies that experience similar growth will lose part of their identity or the culture starts to change - not so with CrossCountry. Whether we have 20 people or 200, it always feels like family. Our quarterly all hands meetings feel more like a family reunion as opposed to a meeting. The energy is always great and the leadership team is extremely engaged with the whole company. I always leave these quarterly meetings feeling really energized about the company. As with any consulting company - whether it be big 4 (I have worked at big 4) or a small consulting company - you will get your mix of projects and clients. The part about CrossCountry that makes things different is the people. On every project, I knew I was surrounded by an extremely talented group of people that would not only deliver top-notch client service, but would go above and beyond for their team mates. I have the utmost confidence in our leadership team. They are the friendliest, most down to earth people and will go out of their way for anyone in the company. I remember an example where I was working late on a project and there was a knock on my cube wall - I turned around and it was one of the founders of CrossCountry that stopped by to see how I was doing and if he could grab me some dinner. Not sure how many companies you will find where the owner will come check on you and offer to buy you dinner. They are also extremely talented - I know I have been able to learn alot from attending meetings and sales calls with them - and it has made me a better consultant. Aside from project work, CrossCountry continues to improve as a company - offering various social events, community service events, training opportunities, and they continue to improve their benefits (which are comparable to any you will find at a larger company). The best part about CrossCountry is that they just don't offer these things, but they want you to be a part of it. You have coaches and managers that are vested in your professional development - they want to see you be involved in the company and give back to the community. It has been great to see CrossCountry grow over the past 5 years, and I am even more excited about the growth that lies ahead.

Cons

So far - none. This is by far the best place I have worked.

Found 11 reviews