Culture Amp Reviews

Updated 16 Jun 2021

Found 80 of over 81 reviews

4.6
Culture Amp Founder & CEO Didier Elzinga (no image)
Didier Elzinga
Pros
  • "My experience with Culture Amp has been a very positive one(in 20 reviews)

• "I can see that the CEO is trying hard to connect with people and be culture-first - one of the influential leaders in Melbourne(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Culture Amp is one of the best places I've worked, but now that I'm no longer there (COVID layoffs) the values sting in hindsight(in 8 reviews)

• "It's a fast growing company so it's not always perfect(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A truly rewarding place to work

5 May 2021 - Sales Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Engaging & nurturing culture with a team in EMEA dedicated to everyone's success

Cons

Timezones working with Australian & East Coast can be a challenge

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp

7 Apr 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience with Culture Amp has been a very positive one. The organisation truly cares about its employees and invests heavily in employee development to give everyone the resources that they need to get to their 'next role', whether that is internal or external. There is a clear path to progression here. Not only that, everyone works hard to ensure that we keep hold of the Culture that makes this place so special. Last year, the company flew everyone to the Yarra Valley, Australia, for 'Culture CAmp' where ~320 of us got to spend a week amongst each other for team building exercises, strategy and vision workshops, etc. The Culture Amp product itself is top notch. We're very luck to work with some of the most innovative companies in the People & Culture space, and that pushes our product teams to do more. The pace of product development has really improved over the past 18 months and we're now shipping new functionalities weekly. Lastly and more crucially, our CEO, Didier, is an exceptional man. He's been even more present & transparent over the past month, and it's been so reassuring to have him and the rest of the Exec team at the helm during Covid. I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp, and even more so today.

Cons

We're a global organisation with offices in Mebourne, San Francisco, NYC and London, which brings about communication challenges. We use slack and zoom a lot..! It's be great to see more transparency around pay brackets.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Real Deal

10 Jul 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Amp is the real deal. You learn a lot about your employer during a global pandemic and I can honestly say that our CEO, leadership team, HR function and wider colleagues stepped up big time. Our Culture has always been what makes us successful but in times of change and uncertainty it has helped us thrive, adapt and continue to deliver in ways that only Culture Amp can.

Cons

Set boundaries and stick to them, the work is fun and the people are great but make sure to put time aside for yourself to look after your wellbeing as working in a fast paced company with passionate people can be tiring.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Inspiring Culture & Leaders

20 Apr 2020 - SDR in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I first started I was extremely sceptical that any organisation really lived their values they had printed out on a wall, but after a few months I came to realise that the culture at Culture Amp was lived by each and every employee (managers, leaders, SDRs etc). All of our leaders, specifically including our CXOs, are so damn inspiring in so many ways. They live the value of "Have the courage to be vulnerable" by sharing their thoughts and strategies super often and running VERY open AMAs. I truly believe crisis doesn't build character, it reveals it; and I've been extremely inspired (enough to make a Glassdoor review) by our teams, company and leadership. So grateful to work for Culture Amp and Dider right now!

Cons

None Applicable for me right now.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Working hard to be Culture First

19 Oct 2020 - Lead Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible working patterns, with a culture that supports family time and time away from work in a fast growth environment.

Cons

Having key leadership in San Francisco and Melbourne can make it difficult to support strategic change in EMEA or New York.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The most human company I've worked for

28 May 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Values & a sense of belonging

Cons

Maintaining wellbeing & managing workload can be a challenge. We're given a lot of flexibility to manage this, but theres no escaping the fact that we're growing fast with a lean team and there's a big workload that comes with that.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great leadership

20 Apr 2020 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely amazing leadership team. Communicating and leading from the front with the daily CEO video updates from Didier and constant AMA sessions with other execs. Couldn't have asked for a better leadership team - thank you for listening and inspiring us every day!

Cons

No downsides, it is a truly outstanding company that really cares about their employees.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company that really does live it's values

8 Mar 2019 - Senior Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really friendly, inclusive and supportive working environment that definitely does put culture first. The companies values are at the heart of the business and the organisation is doing a great job in preserving those as the business scales rapidly. As the company is growing so rapidly there are lots of opportunities for career and professional development. The company is very supportive of this with the 'Learn yourself up' program as an example. The current Exec team look well placed to lead the next phase of growth with a really strong collective skill-set and dynamism.

Cons

The company is growing at scale, so if you do not relish change, both in terms of role and processes, this may not be the place for you. Still a mature tech start up here in the UK market.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

More than just a job

12 Jun 2019 - Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A feeling of belonging right from day 1. - Autonomy and freedom. - A selfless focus on team success - A product you can believe in and that customers love. - The chance to go out your comfort zone, take ownership of new ideas or projects. - Genuine encouragement to look after your wellbeing and work/life balance

Cons

Lack of clarity / transparency on what's required in order to progress into higher levels or to justify a salary increase. There's a lot of work ongoing to fix the performance management process so hopefully that improves.

10. 5.0

I feel extremely lucky

30 Jan 2019 - Senior Sales Representative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely smart people in every department who are passionate about what we do. Supportive environment. Team focused approach to getting things done. I love my colleagues and love this company.

Cons

We could be quicker going to market with products.

1 person found this review helpful