Culture Amp Reviews

Updated 19 Jan 2021

4.5
Culture Amp Founder & CEO Didier Elzinga (no image)
Didier Elzinga
Pros
  • "My experience with Culture Amp has been a very positive one(in 20 reviews)

• "I can see that the CEO is trying hard to connect with people and be culture-first - one of the influential leaders in Melbourne(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Culture Amp is one of the best places I've worked, but now that I'm no longer there (COVID layoffs) the values sting in hindsight(in 8 reviews)

• "It's a fast growing company so it's not always perfect(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"The Real Deal"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture Amp is the real deal. You learn a lot about your employer during a global pandemic and I can honestly say that our CEO, leadership team, HR function and wider colleagues stepped up big time. Our Culture has always been what makes us successful but in times of change and uncertainty it has helped us thrive, adapt and continue to deliver in ways that only Culture Amp can.

Cons

Set boundaries and stick to them, the work is fun and the people are great but make sure to put time aside for yourself to look after your wellbeing as working in a fast paced company with passionate people can be tiring.

Continue reading
  2. "Working hard to be Culture First"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time

Pros

Very flexible working patterns, with a culture that supports family time and time away from work in a fast growth environment.

Cons

Having key leadership in San Francisco and Melbourne can make it difficult to support strategic change in EMEA or New York.

"The most human company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Values & a sense of belonging

Cons

Maintaining wellbeing & managing workload can be a challenge. We're given a lot of flexibility to manage this, but theres no escaping the fact that we're growing fast with a lean team and there's a big workload that comes with that.

4. "Inspiring Culture & Leaders"

Current Employee - SDR in London, England

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I first started I was extremely sceptical that any organisation really lived their values they had printed out on a wall, but after a few months I came to realise that the culture at Culture Amp was lived by each and every employee (managers, leaders, SDRs etc). All of our leaders, specifically including our CXOs, are so damn inspiring in so many ways. They live the value of "Have the courage to be vulnerable" by sharing their thoughts and strategies super often and running VERY open AMAs. I truly believe crisis doesn't build character, it reveals it; and I've been extremely inspired (enough to make a Glassdoor review) by our teams, company and leadership. So grateful to work for Culture Amp and Dider right now!

Cons

None Applicable for me right now.

5. "Great leadership"

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely amazing leadership team. Communicating and leading from the front with the daily CEO video updates from Didier and constant AMA sessions with other execs. Couldn't have asked for a better leadership team - thank you for listening and inspiring us every day!

Cons

No downsides, it is a truly outstanding company that really cares about their employees.

6. COVID-19

"I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp"

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My experience with Culture Amp has been a very positive one. The organisation truly cares about its employees and invests heavily in employee development to give everyone the resources that they need to get to their 'next role', whether that is internal or external. There is a clear path to progression here. Not only that, everyone works hard to ensure that we keep hold of the Culture that makes this place so special. Last year, the company flew everyone to the Yarra Valley, Australia, for 'Culture CAmp' where ~320 of us got to spend a week amongst each other for team building exercises, strategy and vision workshops, etc. The Culture Amp product itself is top notch. We're very luck to work with some of the most innovative companies in the People & Culture space, and that pushes our product teams to do more. The pace of product development has really improved over the past 18 months and we're now shipping new functionalities weekly. Lastly and more crucially, our CEO, Didier, is an exceptional man. He's been even more present & transparent over the past month, and it's been so reassuring to have him and the rest of the Exec team at the helm during Covid. I feel very fortunate to be at Culture Amp, and even more so today.

Cons

We're a global organisation with offices in Mebourne, San Francisco, NYC and London, which brings about communication challenges. We use slack and zoom a lot..! It's be great to see more transparency around pay brackets.

Continue reading
  7. "More than just a job"

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for less than a year

Pros

- A feeling of belonging right from day 1. - Autonomy and freedom. - A selfless focus on team success - A product you can believe in and that customers love. - The chance to go out your comfort zone, take ownership of new ideas or projects. - Genuine encouragement to look after your wellbeing and work/life balance

Cons

Lack of clarity / transparency on what's required in order to progress into higher levels or to justify a salary increase. There's a lot of work ongoing to fix the performance management process so hopefully that improves.

"Amazing company that really does live it's values"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for less than a year

Pros

A really friendly, inclusive and supportive working environment that definitely does put culture first. The companies values are at the heart of the business and the organisation is doing a great job in preserving those as the business scales rapidly. As the company is growing so rapidly there are lots of opportunities for career and professional development. The company is very supportive of this with the 'Learn yourself up' program as an example. The current Exec team look well placed to lead the next phase of growth with a really strong collective skill-set and dynamism.

Cons

The company is growing at scale, so if you do not relish change, both in terms of role and processes, this may not be the place for you. Still a mature tech start up here in the UK market.

"I feel extremely lucky"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Extremely smart people in every department who are passionate about what we do. Supportive environment. Team focused approach to getting things done. I love my colleagues and love this company.

Cons

We could be quicker going to market with products.

Continue reading
  10. "A truly culture first company"

I have been working at Culture Amp full-time

Pros

A mission that is real Excellent product High calibre people Superb people-centric culture Good benefits including flexibility Huge emphasis on developing their people No egos - everyone helps everyone else Demonstrable growth Good vibe in the office Values are a real thing here not a cosmetic exercise

Cons

Lack of commission is understandable due to CEO's philosophy, however a team-based incentive might be a good thing to keep us on par with the market re remuneration.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 English Reviews