Custom Ink Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 268 reviews

3.7
Custom Ink CEO Marc Katz
Marc Katz
Pros
  • "The perks are great - great benefits, snacks, holiday gifts, etc(in 35 reviews)

• "Custom Ink puts a lot of thought and attention into making sure it's employees have a pleasant work environment(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "With a growing company comes some growing pains:(in 13 reviews)

• "Everyone here knows each other from high school(in 13 reviews)

1. "It's Hard to Find a Another Job this Sweet!"

Current Employee - Service Representative in Reno, NV

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reasons to work at Custom Ink are the amount of paid time off days, the benefits, the lax dress code, and the people you work with on a daily basis. Custom Ink values a healthy work-life balance and hires some of the best people around! There are also free snacks available at all times and catered meals twice a week. Overall, Custom Ink knows how to take care of their employees.

Cons

As with any job, there are cons, but the cons vary person to person. One person may wish for a higher salary, while another may struggle getting into a different department or a promotion. There are no "general" cons of working at Custom Ink.

Custom Ink2019-10-10
  2. "Best Work Experience to Date"

Former Employee - Team Development Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Custom Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The People The Opportunity The Events! I got to work at Custom Ink in various capacities and I was always ready to tackle a new challenge. Most people who work there are incredibly capable and collaborative and it's only getting better. Obviously no organization is without its challenges, and I will say for a 20 year old company - it still had a lot of growing up to do. With that, leadership was aware and... actively working to improve. Great benefits, plenty of fun activities and events to meet other people who work there, and their desire to retain people long-term is really something special (pros and cons to that). I'd HIGHLY recommend Custom Ink to any friends and, in fact, many of mine still work there.

Cons

Some misplaced (or less-experienced) leaders can be scattered throughout the org (Primarily Ops teams) but Custom Ink is actively working to skill up leaders to be more well-equipped in the new era of Custom Ink.

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the ground and listen to the people, continually deliver on transparency, NEVER lose the culture - just build on it.

Custom Ink2019-10-10
  3. "Career Possibilities are Endless"

Current Employee - IHP Development Coordinator in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In my time at Custom Ink, I have had three different roles, none of which I ever saw myself doing. When I wanted to explore something new, I was encouraged and supported along the way. Custom Ink provides a ton of ways to learn and develop, often times with no prior experience needed. If you are looking for a company that will nurture development and provide you with opportunities without having to move jobs when... you want a change, Custom Ink is perfect.

Cons

The company can definitely work on supporting the team members efforts to grow our corporate philanthropy program. While it is run well at local sites, support from higher up leaders would truly help us give back to the community in an even bigger way.

Advice to Management

Never become disconnected from the day-to-day. Spend time in role to ensure you are able to empathize with pain points, and truly connect to your team members.

Custom Ink2019-10-10
  4. "Great engaging culture and place to work!"

Current Employee - Satisfaction Manager

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great environment and company culture. Collaborative team. Long term career. Worklife balance. Benefits.

Cons

My career at Custom Ink has been great, compared to previous workplaces it is hard to think of a con

Advice to Management

Keep it up, we've scaled significantly in the last ten years and continue to thoughtfully expand our business while upholding our values and culture.

Custom Ink2019-10-10
  5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Director of Accounting in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, Intelligent staff, Forward thinking, Wearing a T-Shirt, Engaging environment, Thursday lunches, Free parking, Health benefits, Mentorship, Training, Opportunity and growth for your career!

Cons

Hours can be intensive. Too few tech resources.

6. "Above the Rest"

Current Employee - Art & Design Lead in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Custom Ink is better than all my previous jobs. I've been part of some pretty toxic work environments and getting a job with CI was life changing. Everyone is genuinely kind and cares about one another. There is no backstabbing or deceit, everyone is equal and peers. We hold doors open for one another and clean up after ourselves. It's an expectations that you treat others the way you want to be treated and... recruiting makes a strong effort to find like minded hires. Leadership is very open to questions and ideas and everything is constantly changing and evolving which is exciting. The perks are great - great benefits, snacks, holiday gifts, etc. As a Mom, I really appreciate how important it is to find a blend between work and home. Leadership will actually tell you to stop working or answering emails on your off hours or vacation! That is very rare.

Cons

The location can be tough for those that commute. Like any job, the pay could be more competitive. The larger we get the harder it is to uphold the small company touches.

Custom Ink2019-10-09
  7. "Proud to Be an Inker"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Custom Ink is my favorite company that I have worked at in my 15+ year carere for the following reasons: - Strong mission and community. Being an Inker means something and is something to be proud of! - Encouraged and appreciated for bringing my authentic self to work - Challenging work that allows me to flex my creative muscles - A true commitment to developing and engaging employees - Empowered to provide... feedback and drive opportunities - Lots of free food, swag, and fun events - Opportunities to volunteer

Cons

- Tons of initiatives all at once that can make it difficult to prioritize, and can result in a go, go, go pace - Too many meetings - Very aggressive goals in some areas

Advice to Management

Streamline the focus to the most important and take time to pause and reflect on value and necessity before adding another initiative. Provide time for reflection before moving onto the next big thing.

Custom Ink2019-10-09
  8. "A truly WOW experience"

Current Employee - Team Services Manager

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Custom Ink truly cares about its people and stands by the core values of Golden Rule, Ownership & Innovation. There is opportunity to grow in your career with support from leadership.

Cons

Be prepared to work at a VERY fast pace. There is an opportunity for improvement for parental leave benefits as well as 401(k).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Custom Ink2019-10-09
  9. "Great environment, lovely humans"

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall Custom Ink is a great place to work! The people I work with honestly care for those around them and truly try to embody our core values of the Golden Rule, Ownership, and Innovation.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to list right now.

Custom Ink2019-10-09
  10. "People Only Leave Custom Ink For Dream Jobs"

Current Employee - Satisfaction Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- all employees are actually cared about - management is honest and transparent - they promote a healthy work-life balance - they understand how important physical and mental health are - they want you to succeed - coworkers are incredible, fun, and care about doing the right thing - I never feel pressured to be dishonest to my managers or customers (I was at previous places) - work from home capabilities... - they live their core values: golden rule, ownership, and innovation - free snacks and weekly lunches - incredible health care coverage - volunteer and charity opportunities

Cons

- business needs can fluctuate rapidly - not enough time is given for OT requests - guidelines change often - communication around changes could be given sooner

Found 268 reviews