Custom Ink Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Custom Ink Chairman, President, CEO, and Co-Founder Marc Katz
Marc Katz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits but little to no guidance on leveraging them" (in 26 reviews)

• "Plus who doesn't love free food" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Everyone here knows each other from high school" (in 12 reviews)

• "Currently going through growing pains" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company, doing a lot of things very right"

Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Core Sales Representative in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Fresh out of college in my area --- great pay. you begin with a standard pay that was still REALLY amazing for me personally, and as you work, if you meet certain performance levels that are all clearly outlined to you from the start, you can get an increase in pay. i've never worked anywhere that made it that easy, transparent, and fair to get a raise. No weird negotiating, they make it obvious what they need from you and if you deliver then you're set.
    *they don't discriminate. they truly value people from different backgrounds, ages, identities, etc. a lot of companies give lip service to trying to be inclusive and valuing people not assumptions but they do seem to do a better job than most
    *actively tries to promote a positive work environment. we are constantly getting goodie bags, raffles for fun prizes (such as rock climbing passes to a gym, or to a spa) focused on keeping us happy and healthy, and we get food 2x a week SOMETIMES more.
    *AMAZING benefits. seriously, I would bet good money this is the best health insurance in the state of texas, and the cost is incredibly low and manageable, especially if you don't smoke.
    *flexible and understanding. there are a lot of different shifts, so you can usually find something that works for you.
    * NO colored hair policy -- since we're in customer service behind a screen and nobody sees us, we can have fun with our clothes and hair within reason! they don't discriminate against those with heavy tattoos either, but I think there is technically a facial piercing policy
    *we have so many fun events. gaming tournaments, a craft fair, we put art from different employees up on our cafe walls. you don't have to be an artist to work here, but if you are, you'll have a lot of fun!

Cons

*some customers can be a little less than nice, but you do run into that no matter where you go
    *there is a LOT to learn. so you gotta be really up to the task of putting in 100% to learn everything, though they do provide ample training
    *you will get fat really easily if you don't start working out after having a sit-down full time job, especially one that feeds you as well as they do! I speak from experience

Advice to Management

keep being awesome and taking feedback!

20 Nov 2018

Thank you for this review. Colored hair? We don’t care! We don’t discriminate against tattoos or piercings, facial or otherwise. We celebrate individuality and diversity in every area of our business... More

2. "Great people to work for"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fairfax, VA (US)

I worked at Custom Ink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a pleasure to work there. My coworkers were smart, kind, and funny. Management in my department worked hard to keep staff happy. The people working there (in most any department) believe in the company and its mission. I think most of the executives and middle management care a lot about their employees. I highly recommend working there. The office is really nice too.

Cons

There are some really cool tech projects and initiatives there, but I was not working on them. It's hard to increase one's salary significantly staying at the same place.

3. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being surrounded by positive, good hearted, and talented employees. The work environment is fun and collaborative. Lots of opportunity for internal learning and development. The t-shirt and jeans dress code allows for employees to truly feel like themselves. Very generous time off, plus holidays. Leadership is visible and very approachable. It is apparent that leadership cares. The company is growing rapidly, but does an incredible job at communicating upcoming changes and being open to employee feedback throughout the process.

Cons

Hard to think of any downsides! Custom Ink is truly a wonderful place to work.

4. "Wonderful Company"

Pros

Flexible, caring and positive work culture!

Cons

None, great company to work for

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Just Don't"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fairfax, VA (US)

I worked at Custom Ink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free snacks, food, and t-shirts, etc. Free parking. Incentives.

Cons

No diversion. No people of color in management positions.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they complain and take it seriously. Stop hiring based on favoritism and acknowledge a more diverse team.

6. "Great place to work"

I worked at Custom Ink full-time

Pros

Huge emphasis on being a great place to work (lots of free food, generous leave)

Cons

Have to be lucky and/or have an "in" with leadership for opportunities to grow professionally

7. "Realistically, could not think of a better place for me to work!"

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time

Pros

Phenomenal people, quirky but professional. Lots of growth & opportunities. Incredible benefits package. Strong focus on development. Realistically, could not think of a better place for me to work!

Cons

Of course nothing's ever perfect, but I feel like I'm grasping at straws trying to think of anything that I feel is a legitimate or impactful con. Any cons I have are mostly nitpicky personal preferences.

27 Nov 2018

Thank you for sharing your Inker experience! We know whether it’s exploring a new career path, pursuing leadership opportunities, or enhancing their skills, Inkers take their development... More

8. "Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Custom Ink "Inkers" (or team members) are one of a kind....we work hard but play hard too. The company has been ranked in the top 100 best places to work in the DFW area since opening its doors in 2014. They encourage everyone to have a growth mindset, to work hard and do what is right by each other and by our customers. I love every part of working for Custom Ink. The atmosphere and feeling you get when you come to work is awesome. Plus who doesn't love free food!

Cons

It's hard to find great people....more people should apply at Custom Ink - you won't regret it.

27 Nov 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Being on the Dallas Top 100 list is an honor, but it’s also a reflection of the awesome team we have in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. As a company... More

9. "Keeping Inkers Happy Since 1999"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at several jobs from food to retail to an investment firm. I've seen it all! Never have I found a job where you can truly connect with everyone!!
    -Transparency
    -You have control of how much you get paid by how hard you work.
    -Flexible
    -GREAT BENEFITS!
    - Option to work from home *Occasional
    -Free food every Tuesday and Thursday!!
    -Awesome people
    -Awesome company

Cons

- the backend systems could be more up to date

10. "My Forever Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

I have been working at Custom Ink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Core Values
    Focus on our community
    Growth
    Entrepreneurial Spirit
    Connections with other Inkers
    Group of like minded people
    Very diverse

Cons

No con's from me at all - best place I have ever worked. We are open to feedback and continually look to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.