DFS Furniture Salesperson Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2021

Found 5 of over 152 reviews

4.0
DFS Furniture CEO Tim Stacey (no image)
Tim Stacey
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Learning & Earning

Jul 8, 2019 - Apprentice Salesperson in Hull, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

DFS provide a great learning environment for my apprenticeship. The team at store really support me, get me involved, help with my development, but remember to have fun along the way. I have a apprentice mentor who knows everything about everything - and really pushes me to learn. During the last 8 months I have grown in confidence and can see a career path in front of me.

Cons

The Duke of Edinburgh award is tough and requires commitment outside of work on your days off.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Ok

Mar 18, 2021 - Salesperson in Broadstairs, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable money and committed staff

Cons

No salary. Commission only and long hours. Constantly have ways to take the commission away from you, even when not your fault eg faulty furniture even 5 years after the same

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great learning environment - loads of fun!

Jul 9, 2019 - Apprentice Salesperson in Doncaster, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

From the day I walked in to store there was a genuine feeling of family. Every one was so welcoming and helpful (people will even take calls from me when they are on their days off). The company allows you to express your individuality and put your own personality on your selling style. The apprenticeship is fun, interactive, and I can see a very positive future career ahead of me.

Cons

The hours are tough when there are vacancies or when there are absences as the showroom is open until 8pm Monday to Friday. The weekends are fine but the odd one off would be brilliant.

Continue reading
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The People & Money are Great!

Jul 9, 2019 - Salesperson in Doncaster, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is the possibility to earn great money in a great showroom. The team here is a great laugh and we do alot together outside of work.

Cons

The days & hours are tough - the occasional weekend off would be brilliant. We work in quite a quiet showroom - some times we don't see any one between 6pm and 8pm.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Money & people are great!

Jul 8, 2019 - Salesperson in Hull, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the environment in store are great, loads of fun, good place to work. The money that comes with the role is great, you can't earn similar in retail.

Cons

Has some work to do when it comes to work / life balance. Time off and shifts are challenging when people off. Alot of KPIs - but if you can follow a process & build a rapport quite simple.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews