DFS Furniture Employee Reviews about "family feel"

Updated Aug 29, 2020

Found 7 of over 178 reviews

3.6
DFS Furniture CEO Tim Stacey (no image)
Tim Stacey
Pros
  • "DFS provide a great learning environment for my apprenticeship(in 10 reviews)

• "Hard work and being good at your job are rewarded in the commission structure(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, high pressure targets, run on skeleton staff so you barely get time for a lunch break sometimes(in 22 reviews)

• "no consideration for work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "family feel"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company enjoyable career.

Jul 25, 2019 - Senior Supply Chain Manager in Stoke-on-Trent, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary and rewards,large company family feel.

Cons

Really fast pace business around peak times.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

DFS.

Aug 29, 2020 - Sales Order Administrator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel working in store, you spend so much time there that you get to know everyone. Which is a good thing... sort of.

Cons

Lack of support from management (all tiers), no progression, increase in workload, Lack of empathy for personal circumstances, poor pay for amount of work completed, lack of leadership from line management, complete lack of work-life balance.

Continue reading
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Growing corporate business with a family feel.

Jul 25, 2019 - Senior Supply Chain Manager in Maidstone, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

great family feel ,always supportive , great induction program's pay /reward and benefits are good , personal development growth very good Company strategy and growth plan is really strong

Cons

peak planning can be hard to adjust , maybe we could look at using 3.5 tonne vehicle more in london

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great corporate business with a real family feel.

Jul 17, 2019 - Group H&S Manager in Peterborough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I find that everyone is very approachable all the way through the top level and although we are a huge business DFS has that family feel. I have been with the business a long time, which I have developed my skills changed roles and areas with in the company along the way, so there have been lots of opportunity to develop my career skills too. I find as an innovative company the world of furniture is never finished, so I love the way we are always looking to move forward, be better each and every time.

Cons

I cover a large area so travelling time can be long due to traffic jams and delays. Due to longevity of employees staying with the company it can be difficult to move up the ladder, however as there are always different opportunities with in the company there is always a chance to change direction if you can't progress.

Continue reading
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Family Feel Business

Jul 12, 2019 - Human Resources Business Partner in Doncaster, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- family feel - great teams - career development and progression - additional benefits - part time available - group opportunities

Cons

- work life balance can be hard if you aren’t strict with your time management

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly family feel - with a corporate energy!

Jul 11, 2019 - People Specialist in Doncaster, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun people and the friendly atmosphere in the department. Challenging role mixed with support and coaching. Lovely family feel through out the business. Great canteen!

Cons

Could be more career opportunities provided for internal candidates.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Jul 8, 2019 - Executive Personal Assistant in Doncaster, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel Great benefits Tasty subsidized canteen! Free on site parking Internal career progression/training Flexible working/work from home opportunities (depending on your role)

Cons

Quite a fast paced environment to work in

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews