DFW International Airport Reviews

Updated 29 Aug 2020

3.1
DFW International Airport Chief Executive Officer Sean Donohue
Sean Donohue
Pros
  • "Everyone respects the work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent place to work, great benefits, and provides a wonderful work life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a dog eat dog environment with little to no support from management or Human Resources(in 15 reviews)

• "Very old style work environment, most are very stuck in their ways(in 10 reviews)

"Good on the surface, not underneath."

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager-HR and Administration

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Connecting people to the world is invigorating and is a neat business to be involved in.

Cons

The department is run like a jail-micromanaging employees, ridiculously strict chain of command, and based on intimidation rather than encouragement and trust.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry to hear that your time spent with DFW Airport was less than you had hoped. It is our vision to connect our community with the world but also to exhibit that same community culture within our offices. We take your feedback seriously and will share it with related parties. If you have any specific concerns that you would like to share, we do encourage you to reach out directly at 972-973-1101.

2. "DFW Airport"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

Great Place to work and develop

Cons

Nothing to add here. Great Place

Talent Acquisition Manager

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us and that you have had the opportunity to develop. We are transforming travel AND people!

3. "Dynamic Work Environment"

Current Employee - Assistant Fire Chief in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

DFW Airport is invested in each employee as a valued resource. Support is provided for professional development as well as personal sustainment. DFW Airport provides a highly dynamic work environment which demands the ability to see the big picture and to react quickly in order to achieve operational excellence. DFW Airport provides many opportunities to shine and values your efforts to make DFW “The Airport of Choice.”

Cons

If you don’t thrive on quickly changing work conditions, you will easily feel left behind. The needs of our traveling customers demand flexibility, caring, and innovative ideas on the part of all DFW employees.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We agree that our employees are our greatest resource and are thrilled to hear that this has been reflected in your experience with us. We recognize that it is only through our team that we achieve our strategic objectives and have earned our place among the best airports in the world. We are fortunate to have shared a decade with you and look forward to the next!

4. "Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - Comercial Affairs Manager in Toluca, México
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perfect experience for learning all about Aviation Industry

Cons

Not too much commercial airlines working but it has a very wide industry of private flights.

5. "Great work life balance"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work life balance. Multiple ERGs. New Management wants to innovate and improve efficiencies. Livewell facility and clinic, health programs etc. are very good.

Cons

Growth opportunities are very limited.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for reaching out to share your experience with us, we are very proud of our Employee Resource Groups and are still celebrating the launch of our newest group, PRIDE. We recognize that employees are our greatest asset so we prioritize programs like those that you mentioned and work to build fulfilling career paths for all DFW Airport Employees, although, we appreciate you raising it as an area that could use continued focus.

6. "60/40"

Former Employee - Airport Operations Communications Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can leave the job at the door... As long staffing is adequate and you're not called back in. The people are wonderful on a personal level.

Cons

There are too many middle managers.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are glad that you were able to find balance with your work and build relationships with colleagues. We have to agree that we think our people our pretty wonderful too.

"Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Airport Customer Experience Specialist in Dallas, TX

Pros

This is the most wanted department. Very exciting department to work for. Employee engagement is something they are very important to the managers

Cons

nothing i can think i can think of

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for reaching out to share your thoughts from within the Customer Experience department. We are delighted to hear that you are excited about your work and we agree that getting to serve our customers and connect them with the world is one of our favorite parts of our business. We appreciate your continued service and look forward to transforming travel alongside you!

"ASD Officer/Security Guard"

1.0
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

The pay is great, insurance is great, co workers make the day go by and a joy to work with.

Cons

Management is terrible! Supervisors are a joke with an exception of a few. Thanos is a complete idiot. As a retired guy, I don’t understand how this place runs. And with a return on investment of 2-3 % per year, why? You can return 5-10%+ elsewhere.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to provide honest feedback and are sorry to hear that your time with us was short and left you with concerns. We take your feedback seriously and will share this information with the related parties so that we can work to address them. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share with us in confidentiality, please reach out directly at 972-973-1101.

"Dispatch Lead"

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work life, that’s about it

Cons

Upper management Is a pain

Talent Acquisition Manager

One of our goals is to provide work-life balance for our employees and we are glad that you experienced that during your time of employment with us. Like all organizations, we are evolving—our leaders and employees alike. Your comment reminds us that we have opportunities yet before us. Thank you for reaching out and for spending a year Transforming Travel with us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

10. "People serving people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love working at the Airport. Meet fascinating people from all over the world.

Cons

Since the airport is open 24/7, the working hours are crazy.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you have liked working with us so far and for shouldering the hours to provide around the clock operational excellence to our passengers. We know it is a sacrifice but it is a burden we carry with pride to connect our community to the world (and it sounds like you feel the same). We are happy to pass your training requests to our Organizational Development team, thanks for reaching out!

Found 197 reviews