DFW International Airport Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 11 Apr 2019

2.7
DFW International Airport Chief Executive Officer Sean Donohue
Sean Donohue
Pros
  • "Everyone respects the work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Excellent place to work, great benefits, and provides a wonderful work life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Its a dog eat dog environment with little to no support from management or Human Resources(in 15 reviews)

• "Very old style work environment, most are very stuck in their ways(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional environment. Great benefits. Great people to work with.

Cons

Hard to move up the corporate ladder.

April 18, 2019DFW International Airport

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the great benefits and the people with whom you work at our airport. Please know that the airport offers mentoring and training opportunities to help employees grow and progress in their careers. We encourage you to contact your Human Resources Consultant as well as note the opportunities listed on Connected (our intranet site) to learn more about these programs. We, again, appreciate your input, and we are pleased to know that you like working for our airport.

"DPS Fire"

Current Employee - Firefighter/EMT

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent place to work, great benefits, and provides a wonderful work life balance. I’m overwhelmed by the amount of growth I’ve seen here during my career. I honestly think this is a very good place to work and I’m proud to say I work here.

Cons

There are no real cons with this organization. I’ve learned in my adult life, that it’s the people that make the experience what it is. I work with and around some really good people. Reading through some of these reviews makes me thankful that I work for the department that I do.

April 12, 2019DFW International Airport

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the great benefits and work-life balance DFW Airport has to offer. We sincerely appreciate your input, and we are thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying working here. We couldn’t agree more with you; we have some great people at the airport.

3. "Good work/life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, free gym,focus on being the best

Cons

Opportunities for growth can be slow, still playing catch up on the tech side,unnecessary politics can lead to inefficiences

November 1, 2018DFW International Airport

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. If you have further feedback to share regarding areas to improve, please email or stop by and visit your HR Consultant.

"Access Control Office"

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

Awesome company, the best I have worked for so far. They invest on your well being as a human, your health, and are constantly making improvement to make the employees happy. Good decent pay and great benefits. I feel blessed to work for this company.

Cons

No Cons, I love everything about this company.

December 14, 2018DFW International Airport

We very much appreciate you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience here at DFW. We appreciate your input and thank you for taking care of all 60,000+ badged personnel that work out of DFW day in and day out, and it’s not a light feat by any means.

"A good place to work"

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

They do offer great benefits.

Cons

Management not always on the same page as those doing the work. Can be very political.

"Talent Acquisiton Specialist"

Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DFW International Airport for more than a year

Pros

great benefits. People are okay too.

Cons

there is not a lot of career development.

"Couldn't Take it Anymore!"

2.0

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time

Pros

The people at the Airport are definitely the greatest assets. There are some really talented and wonderful people at the Airport. The Airport is well-run Operationally and is an exciting place to be The Airport provides Great Benefits and Wellness opportunities Great Leadership Training opportunities provided as well.

Cons

Depending on the division and department where you work, there are major Issues with management at all levels and how employees are treated. Unfortunately, there are some really great managers, but they tend to get burned out and leave because accountability is an issue. It's hard to stay when you're being lied to on a daily basis. I couldn't take it anymore! Great leadership training but it's not supported at the top of the organization. It's only given lip-service. Everything is an emergency and employees are not valued for what they bring to the table.

"DFW Airport"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at DFW International Airport

Pros

There environment was very diverse. The hours can be okay if you get an okay shift. Permanent employees receive great benefits.

Cons

There are only three strict shifts. Shifts go by seniority, and everyone has been there for over 10 years. Hardly ANY room for growth.

"Great place to work depending on the department"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant II

I worked at DFW International Airport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Great benefits. It's a great place to "people watch" as you travel from terminal to terminal for your job.

Cons

Lower than expected salary. It takes forever for any decisions to be made (as is typical for any government-type jobs).

10. "Working at DFW"

5.0

I have been working at DFW International Airport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great employer and great benefits.

Cons

There are not any cons when you work at DFW.

Found 12 reviews