DHG Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Matt Snow
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Take care of their people Fun environment

Cons

Confusing communication Less education options than Big4

DHG2019-08-29

"Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having a company credit card was cool. There are also free snacks and drinks. They also make you work so much that they provide free lunches and dinners some nights while still promoting “life beyond numbers” at the same time.

Cons

While I was there they cared a lot about their Glassdoor rating which is obvious by a bunch of similar reviews around the same day saying “great place to work”. Office management and politics are insane here. Management plays clear favorites and if you aren’t a favorite good luck getting a good raise or evaluation even when you work more than most people in the office. They straight up lie to your face to keep you... quiet and try to get you to stay with broken promises that never come to fruition and you realize 6 months later that you wasted your time by staying. Turnover is so bad in some offices that partners are actually doing workpapers. Stay away and get your experience elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Try to focus on all of your employees instead of just the ones you like.

DHG2019-10-02

"Wouldn't want to work anywhere else!"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at DHG full-time

Pros

I know that my colleagues and my leaders care about me personally as well as professionally and that is a difference maker. We work really hard and expect a lot of ourselves and each other, but we also have a on of fun! Flexibility is a huge plus - I've been able to be a great parent and a great employee and have been thankful for that. Recent upgrades in benefits like My Time have been terrific.

Cons

Still working through some growing pains but full confidence we'll get it all figured out.

Advice to Management

We've always been a 'people first' culture - as long as we stick to that, we'll be fine!

DHG2019-08-20
  4. "Good company, but slow to respond to employee concerns"

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DHG has a strong culture focused on the career development of their employees. They offer unlimited PTO. There is also flexibility with working from home

Cons

Can be high stress for long periods of time. Strict timing for promotion and raise opportunities. Upper management can be slow to respond to concerns of employees.

DHG2019-08-21
  5. "DHG - Charlotte NC"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

DHG is a really great place to work - I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.

Cons

No cons - great place to work

DHG2019-08-15

"Great Company - Tampa office growing pains"

Former Employee - Assurance Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Relatively good work-life balance -Relaxed culture -DHG truly care about employees -Opportunity for growth/Unlimited opportunity to learn - take on assignments as an associate that other firms would assign to seniors. -Really smart/humble coworkers

Cons

- Very few SEC clients - Small and sometimes extremely unorganized clients - Challenge to meet charge hour goals during non-busy season due to lack of work (other than FS audits).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to recruit leaders and grow the brand.

DHG2019-07-12

"Glorified Contractor (Stay away from the NYC Office)"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

NYC office is pretty small, so you get to know everyone. Most of the consultants and senior consultants are friendly and personable.

Cons

They claim to be advisory consultants providing strategic work for clients but majority of the projects are BAU work or work that the client does not want to hire a FT employee for. You are also most likely placed on a project that does not fit with your skills or expertise and be asked to do a lot. You do not have a say in the projects you want to build your career. You are more a glorified contractor than... anything else. Most of the lead consultants and junior managers are not technically smart. When you look towards them for advice or gain expertise in the subject matter at hand, they have the same amount as experience as you. They get promoted based on favoritism, office politics or just know how to sell than on subject matter/expertise. Lack of transparency from senior management about projects. Currently right now, there is about one third of the office on the bench and senior management keeps saying project is coming from but they have been saying for months now. Senior Management keeps the office in the dark about what is going on behind the scenes. The review process is non transparent at all. First, you fill out your review highlighting your accomplishment etc.... Second, you ask feedback from your team members and the client. One those are complete your performance shares the feedback with you and what they going to say at a round table discussion with senior management. At the round table discussions, they talk about your work etc and then place you on scale where you get promoted etc.. but that process in of itself is shady because its subjective and you are not aware of your score. Recently, the company has been laying off/firing people and blaming it on poor performance. Most of the employees are blindsided by this decision because they get positive feedback from clients and peers and their utilization rate is good. They did not get a performance improvement plan, they were not aware their performance was below standard or notice before getting canned. HR gave them a that a senior management made the decision highly unethical business practices. Finally, if you're a person of color or a women, there is high probability you will not get promoted. I have been there for two promotion cycles and seen so many minorities, who do the right thing (great performance, high utilization, attend all the social events etc..) but get over looked for promotion for those who know the right senior managers, play office politics or know how to sell business. I think they prefer people who can sell business than hard workers or technically smart. Also if you are person of color or woman, you are on very short leash, if you make a mistake or something senior management deemed wrong, you most likely to get to fired compare to others. DHG has a whole are pushing a Diversity and Inclusion initiatives but clearly the NYC's senior managers, managers and lead consultant lack it especially on how they treat minorities and what they write in their reviews.

Advice to Management

I would like to give advice but it would probably fall on deaf ears. I think if you don't change your policies good luck on attracting and retaining talent and business.

DHG2019-08-10
  8. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at DHG full-time

Pros

Helps you grow in public accounting

Cons

Lots of politics in the office.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

DHG2019-07-02

"STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at DHG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relatively small office in NYC which gives family feel at first but it's only on the surface.

Cons

- Trainings are a joke, no resources to provide quality technical skills - Incompetent talent pool. Smart folks smell the rotten system quickly and leave just as fast - Promotions are highly favoritism-based, no matter what your skills and experience are - If you're not on the Sr Management's boat (NYC office has only a few ppl on top), then they'll fire you no matter how great your client reviews are and... even if you've been continuously on the client side w/t any bench time - HR and Sr Management FORCE employees to make a certain number of referrals on LinkeIn. Isn't it what HR is supposed to do?? They promise referral bonuses but don't want to pay them out when you bring the poor victims in. If you care about your friends, do NOT refer them here - They talk about work /life balance but will make you work on holidays even if you reserve that time off in advance and volunteer to work during other / earlier holidays - Very low pay, bonuses are hideous peanuts - If you come from the Big4 or any other serious institution, you'll feel degraded in your skills

DHG2019-07-31
  10. "DHG Review"

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Consultant - Technology Risk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are great to work with

Cons

Management cares more about money than their employees

DHG2019-07-12