DHG Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Matt Snow
  1. "Moving forward"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been in the workforce for many years with many different positions. I have never worked for a firm that invests so much time and so many resources to make sure that we are constantly working on behalf of our people. We work hard to live up to our mission.

Cons

Communication continues to be a challenge. Our people want transparency in everything we do.

Advice to Management

Keep working to improve the communication initiatives launched last fall.

DHG2019-03-11
  2. "Former Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly, smart people who care about your long-term success within DHG and beyond Tons of opportunity to grow and learn Client interaction early on once you demonstrate that you're ready

Cons

As with any company in the industry, deliverables are driven by deadlines, so there are going to be some late nights, but nothing too bad

DHG2019-03-07

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Risk Advisory Consultant in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is amazing! From peers through the different levels of management, everyone I've met is incredibly friendly and down to earth. Management is very supportive of your goals and really listens to ensure your needs are met and that you are able to grow as an individual. The work is challenging and never boring. DHG works across several industries and does a huge variety of different audit and... consulting work; you learn something new all the time!

Cons

Some federal holidays aren't observed, and you have to pay for parking.

DHG2019-02-27

"Great Company and Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Services - Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

DHG is a great place to work! Overall, DHG provides a positive and innovative work environment with wonderful people. Everyone is always willing to help when needed and work together. DHG cares about their employees and providing great client service. While working at DHG, I have seen the firm continually grow. This is very important when it comes to new opportunities, especially for Risk Advisory. It is exciting... to work for a company that is expanding. There is a lot of room for growth and potential!

Cons

Sometimes late communication to others about projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow communication efforts overall, including projects in the pipeline. Otherwise, keep up the great work! The new benefits are helpful.

DHG2019-02-27

"Great Place to Work!!"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Senior Consultant

I have been working at DHG full-time for less than a year

Pros

The firm has a great culture and makes the effort to develop its employees. Management seems to take the feedback it receives and make the appropriate changes. There is a lot of flexibility and they offer a good work life balance. Working in Risk Advisory allows you to see different industries and experience different types of projects.

Cons

Not necessarily company specific, but the work is still client service, so will be times of last minute travel, extended hours, etc.

Advice to Management

As the firm continues to grow, continue the practice of open communication and avoid the tendencies of becoming a 'Big' firm.

DHG2019-02-28

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for less than a year

Pros

DHG is a very employee focused company that cares about helping you advance your career while providing outstanding customer service to clients. They provide excellent work/life balance and the management is always willing to help you on your career journey. From the day I started, I could tell the team and company was much more personable versus other larger companies where I was just another employee. DHG has... also recently revised their benefits package as management is consistently trying to improve the company and make it more competitive in the market place. If you are willing to work hard, provide excellent customer service, do great work and like the idea of advancing your career at the same time, then look no further! Go ahead and apply!

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily call this a con, but the work can be fast paced at times which isn't for everyone. Some may prefer a slower paced, monotonous work environment.

DHG2019-02-24

"Great Company- Life Beyond Numbers & Inclusion and Diversity"

Current Employee - Manager - Risk Advisory Services in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

DHG has many lines of service, and I work within Risk Advisory Services (RAS). Prior to DHG, I worked in Internal Audit at a large bank in the Northeast, and I've been able to utilize those skills through a number of different engagements. RAS does a mix of Internal Audit, IT, and consulting work, so there's always an opportunity to learn something new. DHG's slogan is "Life Beyond Numbers," and it holds true.... As a parent, Life/Work balance is important to me. When I was leaving the industry, I was warned that I would be traveling a lot and missing my son grow up. In the two and a half years of being with DHG, I've only missed one school event for my son, so that hasn't been the case. As a LGBTQ person of color, I can vouch that DHG is serious about inclusion and diversity. It's a very welcoming and supportive work environment. If you're looking for a company where you can be your authentic self and still achieve professional success, check out the job opportunities DHG has available. It's important to note that I started as a senior consultant in 2016 and have been able to move into a manager role, so professional success is possible! Lastly, Matt Snow (CEO) is the best. We were on the same flight to DC (back home for me), and I introduced myself to him. We had a wonderful conversation, and as we started boarding, he gave me his first class seat! I was told that he's always that kind and generous. A year later, we talked again at the holiday party, and he remembered me and our conversation like it was yesterday. DHG is a great company, because Matt Snow sets the tone from the top. I'm very proud to work for him and DHG.

Cons

The Tysons office isn't nearly as big (right now!) as our other offices, but that's changing!

Advice to Management

Continue listening to team members

DHG2019-02-20

"No Doubt Why DHG is a Certified “Great Place To Work”"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Risk Advisory Services in Richmond, VA

I have been working at DHG full-time

Pros

My experience in Risk Advisory Services (RAS) at DHG has been nothing but positive. On my first day, I was immediately made to feel like a part of the team and given the chance to contribute meaningfully. Since then, I have been given real chances to grow professionally, rewarded for good work, and impressed by the organization’s open communication at all levels. I have enjoyed the chance to work in multiple... industries and capacities (e.g. internal audit, IT audit, and consulting). What has impacted me most in my time at DHG has been the culture of inclusiveness and commitment to team. Everyone truly works to succeed together at DHG, making it the place where I want to be.

Cons

Risk Advisory Services (RAS) is not always top of mind when others think about DHG; however, with the Firm's recent growth (and forecasted continued growth) in this space, I see this changing.

DHG2019-02-21

"Certified a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at DHG full-time for more than a year

Pros

- OneDHG Culture - Clients - Critical thinking - Flexible work

Cons

- Parking for the office comes out of pocket

DHG2019-02-20

"Advisory Review"

Current Employee - Risk Advisory Consultant in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at DHG full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flat organization with the ability to be noticed

Cons

Below market pay / comp, talent issues, not risk taking

Advice to Management

Increase competitiveness and attract top talent

DHG2019-03-06