Daisy Group Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 9 reviews

2.3
Daisy Group CEO Matthew Riley
Matthew Riley

"Great Telecoms Company - Great Earnin Potential - 7+ years"

Current Employee - Field Account Manager

I have been working at Daisy Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

In a sales capacity, realistic and uncapped earning, company car, mobile + laptop as standard. Great annual leave 25 days starting and rising to 30 with service and option to purchase up to 10 additional days. Great working environment - there's a lot to be said for free parking, nice and clean buildings with good on site facilities. In house sales training. Good size teams

Cons

The company has grown so much you'll be lucky to work with more than 100 people in your day to day out of 4000 employees. Fast changing products - nature of the telecoms beast. There's a lot of stuff to know.

Advice to Management

Get to sit next to the small guys every once in a while.

Daisy Group2018-06-20

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Internal Account Manager in Aston, West Midlands, West Midlands, England

I worked at Daisy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not a lot to mention really, good team and internal support from the contracts team.

Cons

Apart form that middle management make David Brent look like Jordan Belfort. Company has had more changes in direction than a confused Sat Nav and nobody is willing to make a u turn. No pay review and when you ask for one the stock answer is 'Daisy don't do pay rises'

Advice to Management

Start again from top to bottom

Daisy Group2019-07-16
  3. "Great place to develop"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Daisy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunities if you are willing to go outside your comfort zone. I moved from Prof Services into Sales after 6 years in PS. The SMB South sales management team completely supported me through my transition and every day in the role. They always had my back, whether it was a support or product issue or a commercial ask, they would support me 100% to ensure customer satisfaction. Great team to work with... in the south and in SMB sales in general. Everyone is willing to help and they all go the extra mile. The commitment to new business growth is fantastic with a very strong culture and work ethic across the SMB business.

Cons

Targets can be unrealistic given the amount of structural change. Delivery lead times can often be long.

Daisy Group2019-06-10

"Awful!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager SMB in Basildon, East of England, England

I worked at Daisy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Around 5.30pm when i close my laptop

Cons

SMB- management terrible. Worked to the bone for little or no reward. Constantly changing the goalpost, targets un-achievable. IF and WHEN you finally do get paid the reward is miniscule compared to the work involved. AVOID.

Advice to Management

Proper managent required to ensure correct processes are followed

Daisy Group2019-05-13

"Daisy SMB South ........Dumb and Dumber"

Former Employee - Account Manager SMB in London, England

I worked at Daisy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent company with great portfolio of products to sell. Nice offices in London.

Cons

SMB Management team have only themselves at heart but have no clue how to run or motivate a team of people. The good people are leaving in their droves and therefore have a very high turn over of staff.....avoid at all costs. Targets very high and you will need to be sitting 25 meetings a month.

Advice to Management

Resign or at least have a good hard look in the mirror and start to treat people with respect.

Daisy Group2019-05-08

"Account manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nelson, England

I have been working at Daisy Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly teams who want to do their best for the customers opportunity to progress if you are prepared to graft

Cons

Systems and processes make the job harder than it needs to be, some areas of the business seem to work much harder than others

Advice to Management

Invest in training and give pay rises to people not in sales as they have no way of making up their wages like salespeople do and we need them to support us and our customers

Daisy Group2018-06-19

"Awful company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nelson, England

I have been working at Daisy Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The engineers are some of the nicest people I’ve met

Cons

In the 6+ years not 1 pay rise. Spoken to engineers who have been here for over 12 years and yet to receive a rise. Corporate greed springs to mind. Lack of engineers. Daisy take on far too much but can’t back it up with Adequate resource. Bullying culture within the company. Mainly senior positions when they don’t get there own way talk down to people. Lack of opportunities within the business. Company... don’t want to invest in certain people unless your face fits. Lack of training available. Too many systems creating at times confusion.

Advice to Management

Stop the corporate greed Offer staff a pay rise Employ more engineers Get rid of the bullying culture Offer more opportunities for people to train in other parts of the business. Only certain people get this opportunity!!!

Daisy Group2018-04-24

"DO NOT WORK HERE - RUN!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Nottingham, England

I worked at Daisy Group full-time

Pros

Free coffee Free water Toilet Roll

Cons

Call center environment!!!!! TREATED LIKE A TRAINEE OUTBOUND AGENT! Rubbish accounts! Customer impression is equally bad and they do not want to work with you, due to failings of your predecessor and in general the company. Lots of ceases MICRO MANAGEMENT ridiculous management style - " out of 1-5 how much do you like me " 2 reviews each week, to go over the SAME things! Weird emails sent round daily... telling the entire team, no matter the role, how to behave " I want there to be silence for 50 minutes of each hour, only in the last 10 minutes of each hour will you be permitted to talk/engage in "banter" " Diabolical staff morale They listen to every call you make, then play them in front of the team, and pull you up on the slightest mistakes No team building excersizes Honestly, shocking place to work, with management living in the past, not up and keeping with a modern technology company who calls itself new age. Boasts about "agile workforce" but does not allow any remote working Disgusting posters in the office in bold writing with terrible "motivational quotes" terrible learning and product review each week in the form of a TEST called Talking Heads. An utter pile of corporate garbage Everyone lives in fear of the managers jeckle and hyde style approach, good cop bad cop, constant silence in the room, unless you're making a call. And if you do make a call your manager will listen to it and pull you up on any mistakes he felt were not correct with it. overall a disgusting work environment. I am glad i chose to leave. ADVICE TO APPLICANTS. DONT BOTHER. RUN. YOU CAN DO BETTER.

Advice to Management

GET WITH THE TIMES. GET A NEW MANAGER. STOP MICRO MANAGING PEOPLE!!!

Daisy Group2018-02-19

Daisy Group Response

March 12, 2018Internal Communication Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I'm sorry to hear that you felt like you were treated like a trainee while you worked here. At Daisy we want all our colleagues to be empowered and supported by management certainly not micro managed. In terms of your view of ...

"We're not stopping the momentum"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Daisy Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I see motivated staff who genuinely sign up to the Daisy vision and are working hard to improve the areas that we fall down in. If we didn't have people like this then we would not have the energy we need to continue making things better.

Cons

There is too much bureaucracy in place, which slows us down unnecessarily. I find this frustrating, inefficient and tedious. It is admittedly getting better but I find the pace of the improvements still not what they should be.

Advice to Management

I think that staff on the 'frontline' do not have the confidence to inform management as to the immediate difficulties they face. The difficulties are usually identified when the problem has blown way out of proportion and has inefficiently been escalated to several employees in Daisy. Do we have an anonymous contact mechanism for management? Would we benefit from one?

Daisy Group2017-01-31