Deel Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2022

Found 79 of over 108 reviews

4.3
Deel CEO / Co-Founder Alex Bouaziz (no image)
Alex Bouaziz

60 Comments

Tech

236.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Deel~3728271
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Amazing company

Nov 11, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing product culture & Speed of development! Especially love working on the Salary Insights feature

Cons

No cons found so far

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Worth a read

Apr 23, 2022 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a great solution which has done well primarily since covid hit, it helps a lot of companies turn the negative lockdown hiring situation into a positive.

Cons

1 dimensional sale. Very basic sale and although you can sell a lot, it feels like a step backwards for any tenured sales person. No real pride in selling to be honest and it the environment makes you feel like a glorified SDR. Good second job but not for a real solution selling sales person. Its like a fad or faze jumping on the bandwagon, cant last forever. Also a big one, you can’t really take holiday without it being a big deal. Yes you can work anywhere in the world but some people want to go away and switch off which you cannot do.

5 people found this review helpful

Deel Response

Thank you for raising the issue of time away specifically as well as allowing an opportunity for us to understand perspectives on the business which we can use for education and enablement, across sales and all departments. At Deel we are building the future of work which includes connecting global talent (people) with companies all over the world. Pre-Covid this was something that some companies were solving for, but the movement to global, flexible, and remote work has opened opportunities for companies and people alike to have more options to who they work with, how they work with them, and where they work from. We believe this is the future of work and for us and our customers as a community we are building to solve for this long term. We'll ensure your feedback reaches our revenue enablement and knowledge and learning teams so we may create more compelling opportunities for our team members whether they sit in Sales specifically or other departments. Regarding taking time away from work, this is incredibly helpful as we just re-launched our Flexible Time Off benefits and programs and want to ensure that the programs are working for all and we have great understanding from management on how to set people up for success in taking time away. We agree it's critical in this type of fast paced, high growth environment to take time away to recharge and we built, and will iterate on, the programs in support of that initiative.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So much potential if they actually cared about staff

Mar 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with people from all over the world. Remote working is great (but prepare to be expected to work NON-STOP) Unlimited days off (But good luck getting them approved)

Cons

Like the other negative reviews on here I’d have to echo the poor processes in place that no one wants to fix, and you get punished and shot down for trying then asked why you don’t take initiative The product is terrible and full of bugs. If you make an attempt to help in this area prepare to be gaslighted. It’s all ego. A lot of the managers should not be in their positions and should not be managing people. There’s clear favouritism and discrimination and the people team do very little to help, just enough to say they did something. Ask them how much effort they’ve put in to hire from minority communities and how poorly they support you if you have a disability. It’s shocking. Managers will also manipulate you into doing what they want and are rude and abrasive. Another reviewer mentioned performance reviews, these are a joke. If you’re not active enough on slack and liking Deels social posts you’ll get told off for this. There is absolutely no career progression or support and while you get told in interviews that you’ll have a regular salary review, it never happens. They’re just lining their own pockets while you burn out. The best thing to really do here is not care and get your pay check. If you care about the work you do then Deel is not for you. The CEO is rude and demanding and if anyone spoke to him in the same way he speaks to you, well, you’d get fired instantly. Although it makes a lot of sense that the managers that get hired are the same as him. “Deel speed” is really just about being forced and pressured to rush through work to get out something that is terrible. And then being punished for how bad it is. Processes are non-existent and no one than can fix them, cares to. Be prepared to fend for yourself unless you’re one of the lucky ones who was hired through management connection and apart of the clique. No research is done on the product and decisions are purely made based on ego of managers. If you want to have any kind of input or voice, this job is not for you. You’re just a mindless puppet who better not speak up or you’ll get told off. Notice on the positive reviews, they’re all staff who haven’t been here that long. I’ve been here almost since the beginning, and it seems the other negative reviewers can say the same. Who would you rather believe?

36 people found this review helpful

Deel Response

First, I am glad you are still here as I know we have made improvements and will continue to make improvements in many areas. Also, this feedback is helpful and will influence many of the projects we have specifically around talent acquisition, values, internal communication, knowledge and learning, and leadership development. Whilst there is much to unpack in this review and it would be challenging to address point by point here, I do invite you to reach out to your manager and/or HR Business Partner directly to share feedback and concerns directly. We hope we can regain your trust to help navigate and understand your perspective better. We also acknowledge that for many of you who are more tenured, specifically hired before July 2021, that your experience is going to be different. You joined a company pre-Series D fundraising, under 100 team members. We are now at 970 team members sitting in 60 countries around the globe in a fully distributed company working in service of our customers and internal team members. To have had this growth in less than 12 months brings significant change to all that we do and we know that managing and supporting through these changes is critical. We care deeply about our people and our customers so please continue to provide feedback and thank you for helping us build the future of work.

4. 5.0

Going remote

Jan 19, 2021 - Machine Learning Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible remote work - Great company culture - Great insight into a fast growing startup - Opportunities to develop and get experience in many different areas

Cons

- I miss the water cooler chats from the office - Less opportunity for exposure to more cutting edge technology

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing opportunity to change the future of work!

Jan 19, 2021 - Account Executive in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have the opportunity to work for one of the most forward-thinking companies in FinTech. I can confidently say that you will learn more in 3-6 months than some do in years. Deel is the company for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, want a real say in changing the status quo and build a product from scratch that affects millions. Deel embraces different cultures and backgrounds, in line with its mission to hire the very best wherever they are located (our workforce is spread across 30+ countries!). It feels like one big family - everyone is super welcoming and collaborative. If you're lucky enough to work here, get ready to be embraced by the tens (and soon-to-be hundreds) of 'welcomes' and emojis on slack!

Cons

'9 to 5' employees may find the work schedule a challenge as you have to adjust to different timezones and work when needed.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great product

Jun 22, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work from anywhere in the world

Cons

Fast-paced but still great company

Be the first to find this review helpful

Deel Response

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work as a Technical Support Specialist!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company To Work For!

Jun 22, 2022 - Enterprise SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited vacations but since it's 100% remote so you're always on vacation :) Deel Card

Cons

You are never Offline XD

Be the first to find this review helpful

Deel Response

Thank you for taking the time to share this and for your hard work as an Enterprise SDR at Deel! We love that our team members lean into the flexibility of our remote workforce to fulfill travel wants and needs. But you are absolutely right - with team members spread across 70+ countries - we have this mind set of always online with lots of flexibility - this is how we encourage work/life balance. We are so glad that you are able to lean into the flexibility for travel. Thank you for your feedback!

8. 5.0

Deel

Jun 9, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

crazy growth, fastest-growing tech company in history last year, product that sells! Pay is very competitive. Pre IPO Equity. 100% remote work - work from anywhere. Supportive culture. Career opportunities. Amazing place to work. Hop on this rocket ship with us!

Cons

High-performing team which is expected but means you need to work hard day in day out - no days off. "unlimited vacation" is a perk but also sort of not if you're not hitting targets.

Deel Response

Thank you for your feedback and for being apart of our SDR team! So excited to have you growing with us. You are totally right, we have high expectations during this rapid growth, start-up phase and we appreciate your dedication. Our flexible PTO is intended to ensure you have the flexibility to take the time needed to rest, recover, spend quality time with loved ones and have breaks from work - our management and leaders and working to ensure targets, metrics, and expectations align with our offering for Flexible PTO and to ensure all global team members have the ability to take reasonable time off. More to come on how we at Deel are addressing burnout, setting boundaries, proactively leveraging our Flexible PTO, and the encouragement of booking micro-breaks. This is something we will continue to work on, address, and provide resources for moving forward!

9. 4.0