Degree 53 Reviews

60 Comments

Tech

235.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Degree 53~727789
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Top place to work

Sep 15, 2021 - Account Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management are very supportive No blame culture Great perks like summer party and team lunches Office with kitchen and milk/tea/coffee provided Beer fridge is always stocked up The company is selective about the clients it works with Flexible and sensitive with individual Covid preferences Allows working from home

Cons

Not as many people in the office as pre- Covid so missing some of the old atmosphere

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you are enjoyed your employment with Degree 53 and appreciate the culture and environment that we’ve worked hard to create. We also Thank you for your feedback and we will pass this to the relevant departments and use it to create and even better future for our teams

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Reviews don't convey the company

Oct 17, 2021 - Senior IOS Developer in Leeds, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Madness that the pros are things you'd just expect at a company. But - tea and coffee - some nice people

Cons

- overtime is expected every day, at least an hour - they claim it's just "fast paced" which you know means you will now kiss your life goodbye - management need to sort out processes for anyone to actually been happy and not loose 2 inches off their hairlime and start going grey

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel that your experience working for Degree 53 is not pleasant. As a Company we pride ourselves in continuous improvement and our management team has various measures in place to ensure that our employees are engaged, motivated and feel they can come to us with any feedback. Attracting and retaining talent is a key part of our HR strategy and we operate with an open-door policy to encourage employee feedback at all stages of the employment life cycle. This is in order to address any concerns in a timely manner and encourage a health working environment. If you feel comfortable please address anything you need to with your line manager or HR Manager, who will be happy to support We hope we can sort this out for you, and that your happiness within the business returns.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place for a junior to learn, with a fun and supportive culture

Aug 3, 2021 - Junior IOS Developer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, very understanding and supporting senior devs and tech leads, no blame game at all. Lots of remote working. Young, passionate and talented team that are genuinely great fun to be around. Managing director is incredibly down to earth, understanding and approachable. Juniors are given a lot of responsibility early on but backed up if it gets too overwhelming. The staff socials are great. Emphasis on promoting from within.

Cons

As an agency forced to cater to client needs it can be slow to adopt the latest and new technologies. Some projects are built off older tech and less well organised so it can be luck of the draw what you end up on.

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you are enjoying your employment with Degree 53 and appreciating the culture and environment that we’ve worked hard to create. We also Thank you for your feedback and we will pass this to the relevant departments and use it to create and even better future for our teams.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The best place I have worked in my 10 years professional career.

Jun 8, 2021 - Android Developer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Diversity - Culture - People - Responsibility - Trust - Professional management that does treat everyone the same no matter your experience and seniority in the company.

Cons

- No cons for me

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Apr 19, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly, fast paced, good team

Cons

busy, no incentive schemes, adhoc

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you are enjoying your employment with Degree 53 and appreciating the culture and environment that we’ve worked hard to create. We truly are a fast paced and dynamic agency and whilst we there are no incentive schemes we have a generous benefits package which includes a health cash plan and referral bonus.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic

Mar 7, 2021 - Intern Software Developer in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Joined after graduating and was given a lot of opportunities to learn front-end web development. Team was really supportive and fun to be around. Office was well decorated and in the centre of Manchester. At the time, we had fresh fruit delivered into the shared kitchen and had meals made for us each payday.

Cons

No cons from working here

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Feb 26, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place, great people. thanks

Cons

Good place, great people and nice office

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you enjoyed your employment with Degree 53.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great company to work for!

Dec 4, 2020 - Account Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The projects that you get to work on are really varied and interesting. Really great colleagues and a nice work environment.

Cons

None that I can think of so far!

9. 4.0

Nice People Nice company

Nov 21, 2020 - Tech Support in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good atmosphere - Relaxed dress code - Pay day lunches

Cons

- Small building - constantly moving desks

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you enjoyed your employment with Degree 53 and appreciated the culture and environment that we’ve worked hard to create. We identify team work and collaboration as key success indictors therefore when it was possible we did allow and encourage desk moves so that colleagues can interact and engage with other teams.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Oct 19, 2020 - Project Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my tenure at Degree 53 and was able to develop my career from being a Project Coordinator when I initially started, through to Project Manager. I had supportive colleagues and management to learn off and the experience I gained was invaluable. There is a great people culture and everyone works as a team to deliver innovative and exciting products. The city centre location and offices are also a big pro!

Cons

Nothing to note for this section

2 people found this review helpful

Degree 53 Response

Thank you for your review, we’re happy that you enjoyed your employment with Degree 53 and appreciated the culture and environment that we’ve worked hard to create. Talent and succession planning are integral to our People Strategy and the Leadership team are committed to supporting and developing all employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

Degree 53 Reviews FAQs

Degree 53 has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 48 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Degree 53 to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Degree 53 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Degree 53. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

86% of Degree 53 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Degree 53 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Degree 53 Job Seekers