Delta Capita Reviews

Updated 17 Jan 2020

4.0
Delta Capita CEO Joe Channer  (no image)
Joe Channer
  1. "Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita for less than a year

Pros

Great company, friendly people, good location

Cons

Small boutique office, not many opportunities or formal training. Left to your own devices. Lack of cooperation.

January 8, 2020

It is important to us as a business to create opportunity for those entering the workforce/ still in training/ education. Our intern scheme is still relatively new and in its infancy - as a growing business everyone is working at full capacity and often very client centric. As we grow we hope to have more opportunity to invest in formal training - thank you for your feedback. I would love to discuss this with you further, as this is a real opportunity for us to grow and improve - please contact human resources if you would like to chat with us.

"Needs a lot of improvement"

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few nice people

Cons

Not an ideal culture No structured development Disorganised management

Continue reading

"Sounded like a great job on paper, was not"

1.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Delta Capita full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free breakfast, lovely Canary Wharf offices, good employee benefits.

Cons

Joined as a Graduate Analyst as part of the Capital Markets Delivery practice, was isolated from the rest of the company, so review only relates to this side of the company. Was promised training and a structured development, was given none of that, no support whatsoever, was expected to work in big data and cloud computing with no prior experience, and was heavily criticised for not meeting expectations. Phrases like "you don't have the Delta Capita DNA" and "we can only be as strong as our weakest link" were thrown my way.

January 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing your views on Glassdoor, each review is an opportunity for us to learn - we strive for continuous improvement and I would like to discuss your experiences, please contact human resources. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel supported at Delta Capita, sometimes client demands mean that attention can be externally focussed as efforts are placed into growing the business. We try to create opportunity for individuals at the beginning of their career, with the hope that they can learn something and gain valuable experience that will help them on their career journey. Delta Capita are a growing business and as a consequence do not have a long running and structured graduate scheme like some of the much larger firms, though this is of course a goal for us. As mentioned I would love to hear from you and discuss your views on how we could become even better.

4. "So happy I Joined!!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Delta Capita full-time for less than a year

Pros

DC's management style has given me the chance to focus on the things I am good at but at the same time I am learning so much as there are so many very experienced professionals here. Moving roles always is a risk but this is a risk I am so happy I took as my first 8 weeks have been amazing. Everyone has been extremely welcoming and I am looking forward to building my career with Delta Capita!!

Cons

There are none I can think of!

January 8, 2020

Hey - I am so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time at Delta Capita and you are pleased that you have joined us. We would love to hear more about the things that are going well - so please make sure you share your feedback internally with the talent team :)

5. "Exciting business, industry expertise, forward thinking"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Delta Capita full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The business is hungry, fast paced and going places. In the last 12 months has hired some of the leaders in industry - and now boasts some really heavy hitters. Very flat structure - everyone from analyst to partner has a voice and is known in the business. Everyone is friendly and fun - and the office is lovely (providing breakfast and refreshments).

Cons

The business is expanding quickly - so sometimes catching up with itself.

January 8, 2020

This is great to hear - I share your excitement! 2020 is going to be a great year. Thank you for your note regarding the support team, absolutely - as a growing business we can be very focussed on client development - but good news is we have plans for investing in the operations teams in Q1 and have actually made additional hires in Q4 of 2019.

6. "Stay away - Kept delaying the contract start date, till eventually deciding not to hire"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Software Developer in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to new technology Various different clients and projects A lot of flexibility and traveling

Cons

Unorganised Uninformative I have signed a contract with them to start in the beginning of June, they postponed the start date by a week, due to client reasons and I was informed by the recruiter of this. Then after a week I came to office on Monday, just to be told that it is postponed for another week, which nobody informed me, the reasoning was the client did not setup the login access. After another week of waiting I got an email that they are looking for very senior developers and quants, why even issue a contract in the first place then? So much time wasted and not compensated, which put me in tight situation.

January 8, 2020

Thank you for your response and I am sorry to hear about your experience. As you know, as a consultancy there might be times when the client requirements change - this is a very rare occurrence and unfortunately out of the control of the staffing team. As we continue to grow there will be more and more opportunities and perhaps you will work with Delta Capita again in the future.

"Contracting with even less security and late payments"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Developer in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita for less than a year

Pros

Internally, DC struts with the swagger of high potential and this was impressive at first. The team I sat with were fun and spirited enough to deal with a pretty dull project for a big banking client. Nice enough offices in shared building Free fruit

Cons

Getting paid on time was an issue with longer wait-terms than any other contract or agency. Friends who worked directly for client bank did not have issue. DC was then and I hear still is big on "senior practitioners". Essentially this weighed up to being nothing more than a bunch of older guys with war stories, seemingly without career options, trolling linkedin. When our client disconnected, guess what? Our contracts with DC did too. The upsides of being part of a "global consultancy" were for the benefit of the CEO only and not the project team. The average age of the senior team would indicate anything other than "dynamic" - this may have changed since. Business model was rebadging contractors. Stroppy HR team I have since heard some of the guys had their contract terms revoked with promises of a bonus.

January 8, 2020

It is very disappointing to read this review and would like the opportunity to discuss this with the reviewer. I do not agree with the "cons" and would like to discuss particularly to suggest we are in breach of our contractual commitments by late payments. As for the "stroppy HR team" - please feel free to contact as, we would love to hear from you. We have a number of experienced practitioners who have held very senior roles in the banking industry, if this is what is meant by "older guys" - then yes absolutely we have some of the best senior figures working here. I believe referencing the "age" of staff is actually against the Glassdoor community policy and as a consequence this review should be removed.

8. "Great company- definitely going places"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has grown significantly in last two years Ranked fastest growing consultancy in FT1000 index Very ambitious - Several new products in development Technology becoming more central to their strategy Friendly Lots of senior practitioners Great offices in Canary Wharf - brand new for out

Cons

The business support platform needs to catch up with the speed of growth - business is going through a funding which may help solve this Business operates across 6 global locations - would be good to know more about opportunities outside of the UK (these are not published anywhere)

September 8, 2018C E O

Thanks for the considered feedback - great to hear that we are doing a good job! You raise an important point. Like all fast growing companies we are not getting everything right - but we acknowledge this and are working hard and investing to continually improve. This will be demonstrated by the allocation of investment capital in 2019 towards establishing an enhanced business support platform and an academy for employees to ensure operational excellence and a great employee experience. We are now posting global opportunities to our careers page. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention, Joe

9. "Good place to start a career in Finance"

4.0

I worked at Delta Capita full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

Culture and working hours largely depend on which group you are in

"Above average experience with the same troubles as other consultancies"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England

I worked at Delta Capita for more than a year

Pros

Nice office in Canary Wharf location Friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the office Free breakfast, fruit, coffee machine. Frequent team functions. Underwent significant growth whilst I was there. Tho this did not create further opportunities for me. A big effort to look good externally. Work/life balance determined by project demand.

Cons

Delta suffers from the usual growth and retraction of staff in line with customer demand. They run a minimum bench meaning: x Hiring is delayed until the end client is ready - in my case this was frustratingly long. x The longevity of an assignment is linked to the favour of Delta at the end client. Not much interaction between teams. Coupling to client assignment determined by client demand There were a few curt people on the central team, tho balanced with great leadership and support in the TB team. No obvious opportunities arising from global operation Work completed at Delta office so little facetime with business users

Found 17 reviews