Digital Allies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Steven Parker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Commercial Director in Durham, England
    Current Employee - Commercial Director in Durham, England

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive and energetic office with a can do attitude. Great list of clients from a selection of highly competitive sectors - presenting us with rewarding opportunities to make a difference for our clients.

Cons

None really - even the parking is free.

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring good people.

2. "Highly Recommended"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment. A highly skilled, well motivated team that feel valued and involved. A supportive employer that plans personal development alongside business objectives.

Cons

Can't think of any - really! (The coffee in the cafe is a bit iffy.)

Advice to Management

Keep it this way!

3. "Fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at Digital Allies part-time

Pros

I have worked at Digital Allies for around 4 months, although I feel like I have been here years as the team made me feel settled within days of joining!

Moving from agency life, I have never felt so comfortable and relaxed about coming to work now. Here, I feel like my role has been taken more seriously, and we are all treat and trusted like adults should be, with flexible working available if needed.

Something I experienced in an agency was constant heavy pressure and work overload. Although we are busy here, I am able to have direct contact with clients, which I find super handy as there is never any miscommunication, and certainly no pressure.

The team are amazing, there is always a happy vibe in the office, which is a massive pro in my eyes, it makes getting up on a morning 1000 times easier! Everyone in the office receives equal treatment, we are always on hand to help each other and no one is ever favoured over others. We all work to high standards together as a team, which is what I absolutely love.

After a knock down in feeling like I wasn't capable in my skills in the past, I have been picked back up again and made to feel like I can make a difference for the business and clients, with my skills and knowledge.

Thank you to my boss Steven, and the team for giving me such an amazing opportunity!

Cons

I don't have any cons for Digital Allies!

Advice to Management

As the company grows, I hope the ethos of the business will never change and that new members of the team enjoy being a Digital Ally as much as I do! :-)

4. "Amazing Company and Standards"

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time

Pros

I'm very happy with the way I've been able to join the team and what the business stands for and I also enjoy my role here as they have provided me with the opportunity to develop into new areas while still being fairly new to parts of it.

Cons

None at all, I'm very happy with the way things are.

Advice to Management

Keep it going, it's very nice to find a company that truly respects their staff.

5. "Fantastic company which values its employees"

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time

Pros

I'm thoroughly enjoying life as a Digital Ally. It's been a refreshing change of pace to work for a business who place importance on values such as transparency, trust and education. This approach works both ways - it means that we have some amazing clients to work with, but also filters into the office environment where everyone feels an important member of the team.

Information sharing and learning is actively encouraged, giving each member of the team loads of opportunity to develop our skills and branch out into other facets of digital marketing.

The environment in the office is great too - there is a really friendly team with a diverse skill set, all of whom have been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

No negatives, I've really enjoyed my time here so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - staff feel valued here, and happy staff always leads to high quality work for clients!

6. "Great business, with great people!"

Current Employee - Digital Ally in Houghton-le-Spring, England
    Current Employee - Digital Ally in Houghton-le-Spring, England

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendliest environment I've ever worked in
    Very talented individuals
    Fantastic leadership team
    Flexible working
    Great client relationships

Cons

Genuinely haven't come across any!

Advice to Management

As the company grows, never change the ethos of the business. It is the happiest environment that I've ever worked in and never want that to change. The belief that the client always comes first, means our jobs are much better, as we're engaging with happy people every day!

7. "Genuine, Authentic, Reliable, Honest Digital Marketing."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Digital Allies is a fantastic place to work. I've been with the company for just over six months and I could not be happier. The Managing Director Steven is a great boss and a really admirable person. The whole concept of the business is completely transparent. I love the fact the company is more of a consultancy rather than an agency. I felt lost in an agency, rather robotic in my work whereas at Digital Allies it’s really hands-on, client contact, therefore I feel like I really make a difference to clients online marketing knowledge and overall campaign results.
    There are no favourites, everyone is equal, no person's role is more important than another's. I feel really appreciated here and most importantly trusted. Everyone works as a team, there’s no ‘blame’ culture either. There are extremely talented individuals working within the company, therefore, I’ve learnt a lot in such a small amount of time. I have had so many opportunities here, learning new aspects of digital and that’s the beauty of the company, it’s all about learning and bettering your professional profile.
    There’s a great atmosphere in the business, everyone’s happy, chirpy and relaxed. There are flexible working hours options available which is great for me personally.

Cons

No cons, it's an overall great place to work.

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for employing me!

8. "Probably the most honest and transparent company that I have ever worked for..."

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am absolutely loving my role with Digital Allies. The ethic that no persons role is more important than someone else's, means that team spirit is high and everyone is seen as an equal partner in the business.

Everyone helps each other and therefore team spirit is very good. The feeling of being accountable to each other as opposed to be dictated to by someone sitting in an office who isn't doing any of the hard work is something i haven't experienced before and quite honestly I don't understand why more companies do not operate in this way! It's massively refreshing.

A number of the team all have young kids around the same age and there is an openness around flexible working which is great. If someone needs to leave early to pick kids up, or work from home or whatever, that is never seen as a problem. I believe that being trusted and treat like an adult goes a long way for staff happiness.

The personalities that make up the team are all very different, but it makes for a really good dynamic. I think it would be impossible for someone new coming in not to 'fit in'.

Can't really speak highly enough of Digital Allies and the way I have been made to feel since joining the company.

Office location is very handy, with plenty of parking too!

Cons

Things seem to be getting busier and busier, which is great, however as you would expect with lots of work going on, the office can be a bit quiet at times.

I'm genuinely struggling for any other cons to be honest!

Advice to Management

Even though things are really taking off and there are plans for growth, new staff etc, please never change the ethics and principles that are central to the business. Everyone is made to feel that their role is impacting the business positively and I would never want that to change with a much larger workforce.

9. "A refreshing approach to the agency model"

Current Employee - Digital Ally in Sunderland, North East England, England
    Current Employee - Digital Ally in Sunderland, North East England, England

I have been working at Digital Allies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's heartening to work with a group of people who put the marketing needs of their clients above anything else. They certainly put the 'ally' in digital allies - everything they do is designed to help someone to become better at their own job.

Compared to some other digital marketing agencies, who still insist on perpetuating the idea that SEO is a raw numbers game and all about links, Domain Authority and social shares, this is incredibly refreshing.

Digital Allies also try to make digital marketing more transparent and accessible to everyone, which means a lot of time is spent educating and training clients.

The same is true within the business too; the encouragement and emphasis on sharing what we learn has helped me develop more in 6 months than I did in the entirety of my previous employment.

Most importantly, you are seen as a person here (with real interests, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses and quirks) as opposed to just a number on a resource allocation sheet.

Cons

It can be a bit quiet in the office at times, but this a rarity as most of the time there is a vibrant atmosphere and working environment.

Advice to Management

It can be easy to be seduced by the pursuit of 'scale' and improved margins. Stay true to your aims and vision for the company and you will go far!

10. "Great company that looks after its staff"

Current Employee - Digital Allies in Sunderland, North East England, England
    Current Employee - Digital Allies in Sunderland, North East England, England

Pros

Its good to work for a company where everyone is on board with creating a nice work culture and ensuring there is a good work/life balance in the office. This stretches from making sure people are not pushed to the limits with unachievable deadlines to the simple things such as a bowl of sweets on all the desks. it Allows us to enjoy what we do more and focus on getting results from our projects.

Cons

Cant think of one, theres a lot of emphasis put on ensuring any problems are fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work