Dignity Memorial Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Jun 2019

Found 181 reviews

2.7
Gorge Cotte
Pros
  • "helping families who have to make arrangements because they just experienced a loss(in 29 reviews)

• "It takes a certain personality to be both in sales and able to assist families at their time of need(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Word of advice to any new Pre need counselors coming in(in 19 reviews)

• "Have to work long hours and almost every day of the week to get a decent paycheck(in 14 reviews)

1. "Memorial consultant"

I worked at Dignity Memorial full-time

Pros

Helping families at a difficult time

Cons

Stay clear it’s all about money and the bottom line

Advice to Management

None they don’t listen so don’t bother

Dignity Memorial2018-08-22

"Truly Prepared for Success"

Current Employee - Family Service Councilor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time

Pros

This organization has a great training and preparation program to make certain I had the tools needed to succeed. They really invest in their employees and I have been amazed at how patient everyone has been and how they have taken the time to teach me all I need to know about this position. The people I work with are all so very helpful and this is a career that I really feel like I am helping families protect their...

Cons

You have to be driven to succeed. Opportunity doesn't fall into your lap except on rare occasions, so if you want to be successful you absolutely must have the drive to prospect, and be vigilant when it comes to identifying opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep the training as positive as possible, and really work on investing in those that are coming up in this profession. Change grows from the bottom up, so stay in communication with the ones doing the daily grind so you know how best how to guide us to a successful future.

Dignity Memorial2019-05-21
  3. "Funeral/ cemetery sales"

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dignity provides one of the best training programs I have ever seen. They invest a lot of money in the training as it is 2 weeks of classroom learning . The money is very good and rewarding.

Cons

The work life balance is none existent. They prefer you work 8 days a week on a 7 day work week. I feel there is some deception in prospecting by how to get existing families to come back in for reviews. The families spend a lot of money usually in the thousands and then get hit with a processing fee. WTF

Advice to Management

Give consideration to the combo units with seminars not just the funeral homes. Spend more time in the units that maybe struggling to make their numbers to see why sales maybe low and what can be done to help them make their numbers.

Dignity Memorial2019-05-23

"Expect to work 60+ hours a week and average about 4 dollars an hour"

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I got to work for free

Cons

Long hours, terrible pay, they promise you the world, they do not provide any leads, bad commission structure, all the good managers get screwed

Advice to Management

Stop putting so much pressure on sales managers to hit quota if you aren’t going to provide the tools they need to do this!

Dignity Memorial2019-06-15

"Great Company, Better People, Awesome Benefits"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The management is genuinely concerned about the success of each employee. The ability to serve families, and the positive responses from them, offer fulfillment in a career. Benefits are way beyond what most company offer. Great co-workers and is always nice to have people that have the same caring attitude as me.

Cons

Would like to see more structured training for potential and upcoming managers.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to families and lets move forward in a way that positively impacts the new generation. "Life Story" and Cemetery Heritage

Dignity Memorial2019-04-23
  6. "If Only My Position Had A Reliable Schedule"

Former Employee - Funeral Attendant
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Dignity Memorial part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers Hourly wages Providing support and comfort to clients

Cons

The general manager at my location was two-faced My position was per diem, therefore the schedule was not reliable

Advice to Management

Do more to show that you care about employees, regardless of their schedules and positions Be more open to hiring apprentices and other similar roles

Dignity Memorial2019-04-26

"Not a Bad Job, But Not a Great Job"

Current Employee - Funeral Support in Wheat Ridge, CO

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the staff here at this branch of SCI are wonderful. The cemetery is beautiful.

Cons

I have been here for almost six years, and the only promotion I have received is because I help to provide assistance to the person that told that she "had 45 days to figure something out (she was shown the door because they didn't even attempt to find her a smaller role) and I came into her position. The politics, the morale, and the overall environment around here is much to be desired. You get preferential treatment...

Advice to Management

If you treated your employees as peers instead of "good little worker bees", and actually paid them a decent wage, we might be in better spirits.

Dignity Memorial2019-03-19
  8. "Deathcare"

Current Employee - Sales in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty place to work at. Vacation

Cons

Very disorganized how we do things. Depending on day we are told to hold appts and not put in to sales force tlll after 8 because of calling night. Other days we are being yelled at to get them in to force. Confusing!!! All for a prize?

Dignity Memorial2019-04-23

"Growth opportunities"

Current Employee - General Manager in Nicholasville, KY

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consisting of over 2200 cemetery and funeral homes across North America Dignity has many opportunities for career advancement Great 401K Live and virtual training

Cons

Working with families during a difficult time can be tough, but it is very rewarding as well.

Dignity Memorial2019-03-14

"Higher Managment needs training"

Current Employee - PreNeed Counselor

I have been working at Dignity Memorial full-time

Pros

Be able to help families pre plan and saving their loved ones the emotional and financial burden.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. Word of advice to any new Pre need counselors coming in....don’t question your management. If you feel like you’re not receiving the proper training,...stay quiet If you feel like there is favoritism (which there is)....stay quiet If you’re being ridiculed and talked down to about your appearance, smell, smile, or the pace you walk when door knocking....stay quiet. Expect to work 60+ hours for...

Advice to Management

Train your management team. They don’t know which way is up or down.

Dignity Memorial2019-03-21