Diligent Reviews

Updated 20 Sep 2020

3.6
Diligent President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Stafford (no image)
Brian Stafford
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Middle management/Directors are team-players for the most part which contributes to a collaborative work environment(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance not maintains sometimes(in 5 reviews)

• "Through multiple acquisitions and fast-growth there are growing pains, which is expected(in 4 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Product in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of career growth opportunities Fun, hardworking environment Smart colleagues Great benefit package

Cons

Sometimes difficult to navigate who to escalate things to

Chief People Officer

Thank you for such positive feedback! The hard work and dedication of our employees is the driving force of our success – that’s why we make sure we take care of them. We’ve grown quickly over the past few years and hear your feedback about navigation for escalation. We will work on doing a better job of organizing and communicating escalation processes for all employees. Again, thank you for sharing your insight. It is a valuable tool for us as we strive to continuously improve employee experience. - Avigail Dadone, Chief People Officer

"low salaries"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

challenging product ensures professional growth

Cons

low salaries for support, very low bonus, people feel underpaid and are leaving

Chief People Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. No matter how hard it may be to hear, we are grateful when team members flag opportunities for improvement or areas we should double down on for professional growth. We are passionate about the ability to offer our teams challenging and rewarding opportunities. When it comes to compensation, we do our best to stay current with both regional and skill-based industry trends to ensure we remain competitive. However, we will take your comments into consideration and encourage you to raise your feedback directly with your manager or HR business partner. We thank you for your ongoing contributions at Diligent and look forward to the chance to improve the employee experience.

3. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice offices, work in London which is a great space but have travelled to NY office and it's a nice space there too. Good team environment, social events, christmas/summer party are good and held in nice locations. Interesting changes with the product, good investment in product in marketing, acquisition growth - if you like change. Good salaries.

Cons

Communication could be improved between regions, spend more time having phone calls and meetings than just emailing to ensure everyone is on the same page.

Chief People Officer

It’s wonderful to hear you’ve enjoyed your time at Diligent. We make it a priority to create an environment of hard work that is rewarding and fun. Our investment in product and brand took center stage in 2019 with the launch of modern governance and we are pleased you found it to be a positive experience. We hear you about improving communications across regions. It’s an area we are working on as our company continues its fast-paced, global growth. - Avigail Dadone, Chief People Officer

"Good place to work at, fast changing and with opportunities."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynamic, open minded, financially rewarding.

Cons

A bit political at times.

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback. At Diligent, we work hard to ensure an inclusive environment where employees feel rewarded for their work and have opportunities to grow. We regret to hear that you’ve felt the culture was political at times. We strive to eliminate bureaucracy and encourage authenticity and transparency across our culture. We take your comment to heart and will work with local leadership to reiterate our commitment to fostering a sense of community in the workplace. - Avigail Dadone, Chief People Officer

"Good company with big future"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work/life balance company has good values and culture

Cons

big company to work for

Chief People Officer

It’s great to hear the positive feedback and excitement for the future, thank you! We know that our people are the key to our success and growth, helping to improve the client experience and build great products every day. We never used to think of ourselves as a big company, but we do continue to grow and expand globally and we are proud of the diversity and reach of our team. Whatever our size, we will make sure to keep an eye on how we effectively scale to ensure the best experience for our employees and to drive a connected ONE Diligent community. We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback and please keep it coming! -Avigail Dadone, Chief People Officer

6. "If you want to work for a fast growing business - we are your people!"

I have been working at Diligent full-time

Pros

I have worked at Diligent for a year now, and I am really enjoying it. The London office is a great location in Trafalgar Square, the people are nice and the business is flexible. We have grown very quickly which comes with it's challenges but in comparison to some other companies I've worked at I have found management to be helpful with little politics and it's generally a fun product to work for as there's always developments/new ideas being thrown about. The benefits are good, you genuinely can be flexible with your work as you feel trusted here. BUPA private healthcare is always a nice one!

Cons

We have grown very quickly and are acquiring new businesses which has come with integration challenges but it does mean we have grown exponentially and it's been exciting to be part of that journey. We already have various events which have been fun - but even more would be great!

"Satisfactory"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Diligent full-time

Pros

Breakfast treats on Friday & fruit on Mondays.

Cons

High staff turn over and satisfactory management. No management works in the office on Friday’s.

"Great experience at a fast growing Software Company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun and international team to work with, very fast growing offering lots of opportunities, great clients to serve. Real career changer if you are hard working and want more from your day spent at work.

Cons

I've worked at Diligent for 7 years now and have taken all the challenges as opportunities to grow. There are no perfect companies to work for but I cannot fault Diligent for giving me a great career growth and 7 years of a stable job.

"If you know how to be fake you’re in a great place!"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Diligent full-time

Pros

Nice location. (Some) lovely colleagues

Cons

You really need to know how to play the field here, there’s a serious political hierarchy and if you’re not friends with the right people (Ie take part in their highly booze infused events out) you’re pretty much invisible no matter how hard you work. Everyone is fake friendly to your face, and a lot of people don’t actually like each other! There are some serious allegations going on to which senior management is completely turning a blind eye. There are clear “favourites” and management openly admits this. If you don’t mind working until the late late hours of the night, you’ll find your place here. Incompetent management with no people skills and no ability to give constructive feedback or the support you need in order to grow personally. I am completely shocked at the way they treat employees. False promises are a daily conversation! And don’t bother talking to HR as all they’re good at is finding excuses for the behaviour of the management.

Continue reading

"A fast growing & exciting company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success in London, England

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diligent is growing at a very exciting rate. I've seen lots of expansion in the time I've been here (7 years) and it continues to expand all the time. If you like technology and success, this is the company for you.

Cons

The culture is work hard, play hard - this doesn't suit everyone. If you are incentivised by commission then you will do well here. If you prefer a quieter job then keep looking.

Found 104 reviews