Diligent "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Diligent Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 8 Nov 2019

3.9
Diligent CEO Brian Stafford (no image)
Brian Stafford
Pros
  • "Great company culture and work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "The culture is great and there are great opportunities available for people who are prepared to go the extra mile and work hard(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "A corrupt and hostile working environment where there is a complete divide between "regular" workers and Upper Management/Executives(in 5 reviews)

• "There are no cons that I can think of, read the "pros" section(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Good company with big future"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

good work/life balance company has good values and culture

Cons

big company to work for

Diligent2019-06-25

"If you like workplace politics, you'll love Diligent!"

I worked at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of responsibilities to take on and lots of learning opportunities. Very fast-paced, you will not be bored with constant acquisitions. Generous benefits and PTO (that is if you can actually take time off). There are a few brilliant (now former) employees who have worked here that I am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked with. Fabulous holiday parties! You get paid! (Snacks were nice too, but pale in... comparison to my current employer's offerings.)

Cons

Pay lower than the industry standard. Lots of responsibility, no authority. Insane hours and non-existent work-life balance. Expect to work weekends, evenings, and holidays. If you enjoy having a life outside of the office, run. Everything is extremely political and politics take precedence over efficiency and results. Often about who you know, rather than what you know. Frequent layoffs due to the constant-changing... organizational structure due to acquisitions. A lot of people look miserable; not a very friendly or social environment. Toxic environment. Poor communication. Need I go on?

Advice to Management

Try to work on culture and tone down the politics. It could be helpful to re-evaluate the position of some members of senior management. There are some "personalities" that seem to be in their role because of tenure rather than being particularly competent. Don't be afraid to take out the trash to improve the culture and work environment! Stop with the fake reviews and actually make changes to get real, good ones.

Diligent2019-11-08

"Corporate Paralegal"

Former Employee - Corporate Paralegal in New York, NY

I worked at Diligent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture and work/life balance.

Cons

Position was eliminated due to company major restructuring. Short notice.

Diligent2019-11-04

"Do NOT reccomend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being part of a high-growth global team

Cons

-ALL ABOUT BRIAN STAFFORD'S BOTTOM LINE WITH DISREGARD FOR EMPLOYEES WELL-BEING -does not hire enough employees to match growth -does not pay employees market rate -expects you to work all hours, work-life balance non-existent -people that know people get paid more/promoted more -no real company culture except for that one clique of people that just go out and drink -does not invest in employees

Diligent2019-02-02

"All Good Things Must Come to an End"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good. A lot of growth provides a (false) sense of job security. Work from home flexibility if needed

Cons

There was a time I absolutely loved working for this company. This past year has been a complete let down, and although I’m still employed by Diligent, I find myself rationing with myself every day that I don’t need to eat and should quit until I find a new job. The business outlook of the company is positive, with several recent acquisitions and superior product development, however this doesn’t negate the soul... draining atmosphere one must endure. Morale amongst the Customer Success teams are at an all-time low, and employees gather in the kitchen to discuss their disgust with the lack of transparency. The commission structure has changed almost every quarter in 2017, and not for the better. Customer Success is notified days prior to commission pay out that the structure has changed, and the changes are retroactive. The Customer Success teams are stretched to the max, managing over 200 clients individually with new KPI’s, quotas, onsite visit targets, and metrics to be measured on every so often. Management has attempted to reinvent the company culture with clever sayings and swag we will never use. If you really want to boost morale, stop making retroactive changes to the commission structure and stop treating your employees like sales mules when they are supposed to be ‘trusted advisers’ to your clients. Most people loved working for Diligent at one point… I’m hopeful things will change.

Diligent2017-11-29

"Your input is valued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

I come to work and interact with a lot of smart and supportive individuals. The management encourages you to learn from your teamand share your success and concerns. I never felt that my input did not matter. I also do not see the 'dead-weight' around. If you work(ed) in a technology role in one of large corporations you know what I mean.. You will be expected to contribute and rewarded according to your results. It... is a larger company that still believes in value of personal drive and entrepreneurship in the attitude of their employees. Great benefits and work/life balance.

Cons

If you work with team in NZ office your schedule will include later p.m. calls on some days.

Advice to Management

Plan/encourage more frequent in-person meetings for distributed product teams.

Diligent2017-09-06

"Relaxed Environment, Leader in its Space"

Current Employee - Junior Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work life balance (you're never going to be in the office at 8:00 PM), great benefits (unlimited PTO), management is never breathing down my neck. A fairly large global organization, but all the upper management is still very approachable and you get the sense that everyone knows one another. From what I've seen, every role carries growth potential, and the company is open to existing employees switching... departments if they would like. Unlike some other tech companies, Diligent doesn't try and indoctrinate its employees into believing that we are on some righteous journey and changing the world. I have never felt as if I need to drink any form of "Kool-Aid."

Cons

Commission structuring is a bit opaque - it would be nice to have a standard document that outlines percentages, figures, etc. Also, it sometimes appears that R & D is preoccupied with developing new products rather than investing to make existing products more robust. Also, the heating and A/C system in the NYC office isn't very good (freezing in the winter, stifling in the summer).

Diligent2017-09-14

"Major Morale & Leadership Issues"

I have been working at Diligent full-time

Pros

Life in the CS Department is pretty consistent. People come in, do their work and leave. It's a good work/life balance.

Cons

There are several. 1. The US SCSD is on a power trip and takes micro managing to an extreme. 2. Upper management isn't so concerned with lower level employees and how the department is run so long as money is being made. While CS isn't usually driven by sales, the bottom line is paramount and is a driving factor in each and every meeting. 3. Commission compensation tends to change and is back dated and not for... the better. 4. Morale in the company has declined. It's not as employee-minded as it had been before.

Advice to Management

The core of the problem in the CS department is the morale. That needs to be rectified first and foremost. Also, it would be nice to understand what is important to management and conveyed properly. They do a lot of talk - in fact too many meetings - but not a lot of action.

Diligent2017-08-11

"Matches any other top NYC tech firm"

Current Employee - Business Systems in New York, NY

I have been working at Diligent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Although Diligent was not on my radar during my job search, I could not be any happier to have joined. Management knows how to allocate responsibility, then it is up to us to perform and execute. There is no time for micromanagement here because everyone is busy and take on multiple roles. I've learned a lot in my time here, including two different systems. Highly recommend joining the tech team here.

Cons

Really cannot think of any. Diligent treats their employees right, although we don't have cafeterias like Google or FB, our work life balance is top notch.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

Diligent2016-06-29

"This company is amazing. They take such great care of their employees"

I have been working at Diligent

Pros

Work-life balance Company culture Constant happy hours/social events Young talented teams Modern office with a tech company feel and approach

Cons

None that I can really think of right now. What do I say to fill up these 20 word minimums?

Advice to Management

Keep making progress by optimizing internal processes and utilize standardization techniques to maximize efficiency

Diligent2016-06-22