Doble Engineering Company Employee Reviews about "health insurance"

Updated 15 Jun 2017

Found 4 of over 92 reviews

3.7
Doble Engineering Company President Bryan Sayler
Bryan Sayler
Pros
  • "Highly-collaborative work environment with very little politics(in 8 reviews)

• "Professional and friendly environment , accommodating, great people(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Like a lot of companies the health insurance could be better(in 4 reviews)

• "Present software releases are late and buggy; new products are poorly planned and are potential disasters(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "health insurance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

It works for me

17 Nov 2015 - Principal Software Engineer in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great technology / products - Onsite fitness programs (boot camp, yoga) - Great work/family balance - Flexible hours - Free parking - Close to commerces

Cons

- Health Insurance benefits have higher than usual deductible and require on going paperwork to meet eligibility criteria from one year to the next

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for your feedback and keep it coming! At Doble, we are constantly working to make the process of enrolling in our health insurance plans as straightforward as possible for employees. We’ll continue look for ways to streamline the health insurance process while trying to keep employee costs down.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

30 Years later....

15 Jun 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Doble for 30 years and still appreciating the people & company. We are moving in the right direction. If you work hard, focus on the clients needs what else do you need?

Cons

Every company has it's pros and cons. Life is short, focus on what truly matters and the rest will work itself out. Like a lot of companies the health insurance could be better.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank-you for your service to Doble's customers. There are many employees like you who make Doble a great place to work.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

21 Apr 2016 - Software Engineer in Watertown, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and amazing colleagues. Relaxed and dynamic atmosphere, lots of opportunity to grow and advance your skill, fun and exciting projects.

Cons

Health insurance benefit is below average compare to other company in this State, probably its because parent company is in St Louis.

1 person found this review helpful

President

Thank-you for the positive feedback. You’re right, Doble is a great place to work with exciting projects which make a difference that benefits everyone. Doble and our parent company ESCO continuously focus on providing competitive benefits for our employees. Healthcare is an area that is changing nationwide and we have been able to keep premium increases to employees below the national average while still offering thorough plan designs to meet our employee needs. We have surveyed our employees for feedback and held focus groups to provide improved design plans. As a result of this feedback we have recently changed our provider to BlueCross/BlueShield – Anthem and added a Health Spending Account in addition to 3 PPO plans and a Flexible Spending Account. This change has been positively received.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Falls short in a few areas, but a pretty good place to work

22 Sep 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working environment with a good work/life balance. Nice and predictable profit sharing bonus.

Cons

Slow to make process improvements in Engineering environment. Too many meetings that could have been handled in the Wiki. Health insurance is far too expensive compared to other companies and is not even that good.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

President

At Doble, we understand that creating cutting edge technology is integral to remaining a global leader of the power industry. That is why we're continuously working to incorporate the rapidly evolving demands of today's technology into our products through our concentrated research and development efforts. Your feedback is a valuable part of this process. Going forward, we hope to continue meeting our employees' expectations across the board, which includes recognizing our potential for technological growth.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews